VIEWERS

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
reelman

VIEWERS

Postby reelman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Y&R has lost 1 million viewers since dec2017

YoungBoldLady50

Re: VIEWERS

Postby YoungBoldLady50 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:34 pm

reelman wrote:Y&R has lost 1 million viewers since dec2017

Hello Reelman, No suprise..if the Y&R keeps becoming the Victor can't lose under any circumstances, Jack no Abbott, Phyllis won't get her own apartment to parent a a grown daughter, it will be a million and one. :roll:

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Not at all surprised. They need to fire their writers. They have no clue about the history of stories or characters. And if they do, they don't care.

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:35 pm

We are lucky Y&R is still on the air. So I will enjoy it for the short time it has left.

Happycrab628

Postby Happycrab628 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:49 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:Not at all surprised. They need to fire their writers. They have no clue about the history of stories or characters. And if they do, they don't care.

ITA!! This makes me so sad. I have been watching from the very first show! It seems that the people who have played some of these characters for 30 - 40 years have no say in protesting the lack of continuity of their characters! It also offends the loyal viewers to whom some of the characters feel like family!!! They should be able to protest to the writer's when they are made to play scenes that go totally against the character's history!! I can't imagine playing a certain acting part for so many years and not feel as if they are their alter ego!! I hope they resolve this Jack not an Abbott storyline, and the Christian living with Victor and Nikki really soon...… I am not liking this show too much right now!!

NCgirlie33

Postby NCgirlie33 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:55 pm

I do believe that. I have not watched it since Tuesday. The other week, I had skipped 2 weeks in a row. I do not like Nick with Sharon and how Victor took Christian away from Nick!

Fantastic64

Postby Fantastic64 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:09 am

kayline12 wrote:We are lucky Y&R is still on the air. So I will enjoy it for the short time it has left.

My sentiments exactly, kayline. I'm trying to enjoy it as the writers nail its coffin shut. :lol:

Gemmey

Postby Gemmey » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:20 am

reelman wrote:Y&R has lost 1 million viewers since dec2017

What a surprise!!!!!! NOT!!!!! The writing is horrific.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:17 am

kayline12 wrote:We are lucky Y&R is still on the air. So I will enjoy it for the short time it has left.
You are right. With the decreasing # of viewers (we are dying off!) the clock is probably ticking.

ANorris

Postby ANorris » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:08 am

This is so sad... I have been watching on and off for 40 years and know most of the characters like the back of my hand! I used to know how they think, why they think that way and how the issues could be resolved - but not now! I watched the show when I was a senior in school with my own Mom, through my marriage and the birth of my two children, of and on during my working and this is the only time I feel I don't know the characters or what drives them anymore and I have become bored with the ridiculous repetitive storylines....to the point of deciding to take my own personal hiatus (except for reading the updates! I don't understand why certain characters are not brought back, especially when their return would bring back viewers and there has been a hue and cry plus petitions for their return and then tptb decide to return some characters that NO ONE seems to want back (SUMMER for example) and actually most posters were thrilled when this character was not on for 2 years... It seems that no one is st the helm and for this reason the show is simply adrift, aimlessly!! Help - someone needs to save our show I would miss my friends (Jack, Phyllis, Nikki, Michael, Lauren, Ashley, Tracy, Victoria, Nick, Sharon, Billy--I already miss Adam, Simon Neville, Mark, Alex, Ronan, Chance, Catherine, Kevin etc etc)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”