Why does Steve, Lucas and Paul have to go?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
JaggedEdge

Re: Why does Steve, Lucas and Paul have to go?

Postby JaggedEdge » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:32 pm

mauimama wrote:
I've NEVER had any use for Steve --he always looks and acts like some dirty street bum...like he hasn't showered in months. ick ick ick!
Lucas' usefulness was used up years ago--- and like Paul, they just can't find a decent s/l for either of them anymore.
I couldn't even buy Lucas' drunken rages about Will -- they sure didn't move me at all.

I couldn't either. The acting was sensational, but Carlivati missed the boat on that story because Lucas handled Will's death well and had moved on with his life. Suddenly, he's drinking heavily and mourning his son? :roll:

Kerrbear

Postby Kerrbear » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:07 pm

I'm fine with Lucas, Paul, & Steve leaving.

I always liked Laura Horton but they seem to only briefly want to use her. Celeste would be nice to have back if we could have the original (not sure what he health is like now).

Has anyone else heard Jack is returning?

Dexter Fan

Postby Dexter Fan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:55 am

I agree with letting Leo and Paul go. But leave Ben for now! He'll certainly heat up the summer with Ciara! I can feel it, because he's a very intense actor now!! :D :D

moocat

Postby moocat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:34 am

I'm hoping that they recast Paul. I know it wouldn't be the same but I don't want his character to be killed off. I suppose they're gearing towards Sonny and Will getting back together. I don't think that I would miss Lucas that much and I would like to see if Steve gets his eyesight back.

strangeland

Postby strangeland » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:32 am

Big cast changes are hard to keep up with. But frankly, they don't give Lucas much material to work with. He's either a drunk or following a woman around. I hope they work it out to keep Steve; the show needs one stable couple besides John and Marlena. As for Paul, I vote recast if the actor has bigger and better things to do.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:58 am

I admit that generally it doesn't bother me to see actors and actresses come and go. I'm always up for new faces or the return of old. And I can see how an actor might get tired of doing the same stuff year after year, even if it is job security of a sorts.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:17 pm

lexi911 wrote:I happen to be a big fan of all three of those guys! Why not let Leo, Stefan, and Ben go away rather than those 3?

I'd keep Stefan and Ben; wave bye-bye to Leo, Sonny and Chad.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:22 pm

Dexter Fan wrote:I agree with letting Leo and Paul go. But leave Ben for now! He'll certainly heat up the summer with Ciara! I can feel it, because he's a very intense actor now!! :D :D

I'd love for Ciara and Ben to become besties and develop an unbreakable bond that last for years regardless of whether or not they are both on screen or off. Ciara needs a male friend in her life that has her back and won't be drugged into the female competitive drama of dating. He just checks all of the buttons that they as a couple can push be it just as friends or later down the road more.

Leo and Sonny should reconcile and leave the show. Paul should be recast so Will can be a self assured man without being caught between two loves. Paul deserves to get a happy ending instead being the third wheel or cast aside.

Porterfield

Postby Porterfield » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:21 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:
Dexter Fan wrote:I agree with letting Leo and Paul go. But leave Ben for now! He'll certainly heat up the summer with Ciara! I can feel it, because he's a very intense actor now!! :D :D

I'd love for Ciara and Ben to become besties and develop an unbreakable bond that last for years regardless of whether or not they are both on screen or off. Ciara needs a male friend in her life that has her back and won't be drugged into the female competitive drama of dating. He just checks all of the buttons that they as a couple can push be it just as friends or later down the road more.

Leo and Sonny should reconcile and leave the show. Paul should be recast so Will can be a self assured man without being caught between two loves. Paul deserves to get a happy ending instead being the third wheel or cast aside.

I agree Sonny and Leo can go, but why recast Paul? Have the same actor play Paul.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:50 pm

Porterfield wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:I'd love for Ciara and Ben to become besties and develop an unbreakable bond that last for years regardless of whether or not they are both on screen or off. Ciara needs a male friend in her life that has her back and won't be drugged into the female competitive drama of dating. He just checks all of the buttons that they as a couple can push be it just as friends or later down the road more.

I agree Sonny and Leo can go, but why recast Paul? Have the same actor play Paul.

CS is rumored to be leaving of his own volition. If he were not going then heck yeah, no recast.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”