Breaking - Bryan Dattilo exits Days

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
AnneM127

Re: Breaking - Bryan Dattilo exits Days

Postby AnneM127 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:01 pm

YandR and Days wrote:He is such a great comedian, he and Ann would be a hoot together!

I know!! They would be perfect-comedic and genuine. Who doesn't love Lucas? He is such a sweetie. I will miss him very much--wish they would reconsider, and YES, bring Anne back to play a romantic interest with him. It is so obvious to the viewers, why is it not obvious to the writers/producers? Can they not step back and take a bird's eye view????

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am

Lucas got a few months of resuscitation because of Will. It never had anything to do with Lucas making a comeback and having a big story of his own. Poor Paul and Lucas have been used to boost WilSon, in the same way, Nick and Gabi were years ago. Now that Will is getting his memory back soon both men are no longer needed. It's sad because I love both Lucas and Paul. I think they can be vital to the show without being in a WilSon story, but Carlivati is focusing on big key characters. I'm looking for Chloe to be next. They have nothing for her either.

SpookyMom

Postby SpookyMom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 am

YandR and Days wrote:He is such a great comedian, he and Ann would be a hoot together!

I know, I don’t understand why they didn’t run with this couple in one of their several opportunities to do so. I know that Lucas has always been difficult to write as a main character, usually being delegated to supporting status. Ann was also way underused. The 2 of them together could have been a love story that both characters needed as well as entertaining to watch. I was really hoping that Theresa’s return would have been the opening needed to bring Ann back, but looks like it’s not happening.

stefanoone

Postby stefanoone » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Poor Lucas hasn't had a good storyline in a long time. Can't say I blame him for wanting to leave.

Kerrbear

Postby Kerrbear » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Lucas has never been very interesting to me.

monicalewis

Postby monicalewis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:30 am

EJAMI5555 wrote:Well now I am hearing that Days had to tighten their budget :| Couldnt they let go of the actors Maggie & Victor, Eli & Lani....

Even though I don't like their story right now, I would be pissed if they fired 2 more AA actors. Why they let Theo go is beyond me.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”