The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfanfare

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby ghfanfare » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:12 pm

You know, some people are just thin. It runs in my family. And those of us who are thin have been subjected to some unbelievably silly remarks and nasty comments about it, but that all seems to be okay. Unlike commenting about obese people. Big double standard there. Sorry, but it's very annoying. Okay. Off my soap box. 8-)

In the meantime, Eve was back to looking great in the white sheath dress. I thought that looked summery. Just needs a hair trim in a more modern style while it's growing out.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:58 pm

ghfanfare wrote:You know, some people are just thin. It runs in my family. And those of us who are thin have been subjected to some unbelievably silly remarks and nasty comments about it, but that all seems to be okay. Unlike commenting about obese people. Big double standard there. Sorry, but it's very annoying. Okay. Off my soap box. 8-)

In the meantime, Eve was back to looking great in the white sheath dress. I thought that looked summery. Just needs a hair trim in a more modern style while it's growing out.

IA that Eve looked terrific. And I also agree with you regarding thinness. I think you discussed this before, and I wrote about it. It is not right to talk about anyone's weight, thin or heavy. So many people want to believe that just eating more will add pounds, but a person's metabolism counts. I used to be quite thin, but I ate plenty, never trying to stay thin. My mother was always on the thin side, too. And I was athletic and had lots of energy and was healthy. Now I'm still rather thin, but after three kids and more years tacked on, I've gained slightly. Still healthy and energetic. ORK, Claire, is thin, of course, but she seems healthy. KA (Hope) exercises and hikes a lot and has tons of energy, so she seems healthy, too. To my way of thinking, being healthy is the most important thing. Also, if anyone is a vegan or vegetarian, they tend to be thinner than others.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 pm

lurker girl wrote:
ghfanfare wrote:You know, some people are just thin. It runs in my family. And those of us who are thin have been subjected to some unbelievably silly remarks and nasty comments about it, but that all seems to be okay. Unlike commenting about obese people. Big double standard there. Sorry, but it's very annoying. Okay. Off my soap box. 8-)

IA that Eve looked terrific. And I also agree with you regarding thinness. I think you discussed this before, and I wrote about it. It is not right to talk about anyone's weight, thin or heavy. So many people want to believe that just eating more will add pounds, but a person's metabolism counts. I used to be quite thin, but I ate plenty, never trying to stay thin. My mother was always on the thin side, too. And I was athletic and had lots of energy and was healthy. Now I'm still rather thin, but after three kids and more years tacked on, I've gained slightly. Still healthy and energetic. ORK, Claire, is thin, of course, but she seems healthy. KA (Hope) exercises and hikes a lot and has tons of energy, so she seems healthy, too. To my way of thinking, being healthy is the most important thing. Also, if anyone is a vegan or vegetarian, they tend to be thinner than others.

Oh, IA about being healthy whether under weight or over weight. It's just that I noticed Claire's scalp the other day, when she had the braids, and it was bald where her hair was pulled back. She may just have very thin hair, but it is also a sign of lack of nutrients if you're not eating correctly. As a former hair stylist, I know how important protein and nutrients are to your hair and nails.

Claire had on a cute black and white blouse the other day that was flattering, maybe if they dressed her in more blouses like that, it would hide the stick thin figure and we wouldn't be distracted from watching her.

And re KA/Hope, I remember reading an article, and no, I can't remember the source, but remember when Hope was fuller, as a young lady? I thought she was beautiful, but when she left Days and started working on Falcon Crest, the talk was that it was requirement that she lost weight, and she was still beautiful, but it seems she kept going and has lost too much weight. I've also read that she's a heavy smoker and smokes to curb her appetite but I don't know if that's for real, or just a rumor.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:00 pm

lurker girl wrote:

Thanks, lurk. And ITA, it's all about living healthy regardless of size.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:34 pm

YandR and Days wrote:Claire had on a cute black and white blouse the other day that was flattering, maybe if they dressed her in more blouses like that, it would hide the stick thin figure and we wouldn't be distracted from watching her.

I am not distracted by Claire's thinness. I'm not so thin now but I was called "stick" a lot, among other things, and I was in good health. I laughed it off but it was insulting. I understand that heavy people face more prejudice than thin people in our society today and I empathize. I personally feel that despite the argument that there is no comparison, skinny shaming can be as hurtful as fat shaming. However, I think we probably all agree that it should be about a healthy lifestyle, not body size.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:41 pm

ghfanfare wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:Claire had on a cute black and white blouse the other day that was flattering, maybe if they dressed her in more blouses like that, it would hide the stick thin figure and we wouldn't be distracted from watching her.

I am not distracted by Claire's thinness. I'm not so thin now but I was called "stick" a lot, among other things, and I was in good health. I laughed it off but it was insulting. I understand that heavy people face more prejudice than thin people in our society today and I empathize. I personally feel that despite the argument that there is no comparison, skinny shaming can be as hurtful as fat shaming. However, I think we probably all agree that it should be about a healthy lifestyle, not body size.

But GHfanfare--- were you ever as thin as Claire is??? It's just concerning because she just doesn't look good (health-wise) she looks so frail like she's really sick!
I commented on how much I LOVED LOVED LOVED that darling white top she had on the other day-- it was really attractive and didn't make her look so thin--- now, the blue thing she had on the next day DID NOT do a thing for her--- it pointed out her thinness--- it made her look like a starving waif!

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:53 pm

People who are overweight (ahem!) usually try to dress to downplay that fact. I would think very thin people would do the same - downplay looking skeleton thin. I mean, I would wear the bulkiest sweaters(luv), big pouffy jackets & skirts, beautiful big scarves. I’m only a few lbs over :? 8-) , but I’m still aware of how I dress.

Hyperbolic1

Postby Hyperbolic1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:47 am

Claire is a proper, hippie "free" spirit. She IS a waif. So, nobody has YouTubed Carol yet, then?

She does look like "Carol" from the same song by Al Stewart. He refers to Carol as an orphan at one point, and does even describe her clothes! Older song, but good.

And I believe she is just one of those naturally thin people that will always have a slight body frame. If she tried to wear clothing to "plump" her up, she would just look as if she were drowning in all that extra fabric. Lucky gal can wear the horizontal stripes they say most should avoid as they put on pounds.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:53 pm

mauimama wrote:But GHfanfare--- were you ever as thin as Claire is??? It's just concerning because she just doesn't look good (health-wise) she looks so frail like she's really sick!
I commented on how much I LOVED LOVED LOVED that darling white top she had on the other day-- it was really attractive and didn't make her look so thin--- now, the blue thing she had on the next day DID NOT do a thing for her--- it pointed out her thinness--- it made her look like a starving waif!

Hey, maui! :D I am not as tall, but yes, I was that thin. And though it was back in the day when people in general were thinner, people would make comments such as...

You look like: a skeleton, a stick, a Holocaust survivor, a starving waif 8-). I could blow you over. You're wasting away. I could break you in half. You need to: have a steak, eat a burger, drink a big milkshake. Which I did, btw. I loved steak and milkshakes, lol. I just didn't gain weight eating that stuff.

Things haven't changed much. My very thin son gets the same types of comments today. All you can do is laugh it off. Honestly, I would never call a heavy person a house or a blimp or tell them to go on a diet. But it is what it is, I guess. Well, anyway, back to wardrobe. 8-)

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Gawd, ghfanfare. I hate you. :lol: :lol: :lol: I’m sure you’ve heard that a lot, but not true :P .

Return to “Days of Our Lives”