Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
BobbiSox

Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Postby BobbiSox » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Calypso wrote:Hi Kritters!!

I just popped in to bring an after dinner treat!!

4 kinds of Bailey's ( that i didn't know existed until I went to a wedding this past weekend)
* Espresso Creme
* Salted Caramel
* Chocolate Cherry
* Vanilla Cinnamon

And vanilla ice cream to make sundaes, whipped cream, too!!! Yum

Salted caramel? I like the caramel. Didn't know they made a salted version. I think Wombat loved Baileys. Don't know if she had a favorite flavor. Some folks are true to the original, and never broaden their horizons with the new stuff. I'm willing to give 'em all a try, and thanks very much!

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:09 am

BobbiSox wrote:
Calypso wrote:Hi Kritters!!

I just popped in to bring an after dinner treat!!

4 kinds of Bailey's ( that i didn't know existed until I went to a wedding this past weekend)
* Espresso Creme
* Salted Caramel
* Chocolate Cherry
* Vanilla Cinnamon

And vanilla ice cream to make sundaes, whipped cream, too!!! Yum

Salted caramel? I like the caramel. Didn't know they made a salted version. I think Wombat loved Baileys. Don't know if she had a favorite flavor. Some folks are true to the original, and never broaden their horizons with the new stuff. I'm willing to give 'em all a try, and thanks very much!

Yeah, she loved Bailey's. The original kind with lots of alcohol in it. I used to have to bring a couple of bottles every time I came to the Refuge. There must have been several hundred empties in the "Burrow". :mrgreen: I still miss her so much.

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Blue, I came to Wombat later than you ... but almost immediately she reminded me that humor can rescue us from terrible situations in our real world. She made me smile when I least expected, and we certainly could use her now. I hope wherever our dear Wombat is, she knows we still miss her.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:48 pm

grammylove wrote:Blue, I came to Wombat later than you ... but almost immediately she reminded me that humor can rescue us from terrible situations in our real world. She made me smile when I least expected, and we certainly could use her now. I hope wherever our dear Wombat is, she knows we still miss her.

I hope so too. She was one of the bravest people I have ever known.

Calypso

Postby Calypso » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Happy Monday Everyone!!

I brought some cheese quesadillas with homemade corn/tomato salsa for a late lunch. And also some pinot grigio......We went as usual to our farmers market on Sat and the special guest was a rapter sanctuary. They brought 2 screech owls ( such tiny things), a peregrine falcon, a golden eagle and a bald eagle. All are rescues and must remain at the sanctuary. I was most impressed with the bald eagle, so majestic, and never seen one so close ( about 10 ft away). The handler/owner was so patient and caring, you could tell. We also got our weekly veggies...... I made a pot roast yesterday served with mashed potatoes and carrots from the pot......apple pie for dessert.....the captain was in heaven

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:10 pm

ummm. Thank you! Just what I need! I just mailed my 2016 taxes, a sheaf of papers that would choke a horse! This year I am going to try to organize & do them early. The bird program sounds great. We saw some rescued bird in a little show at a state aquarium near Beaufort. They had owls & buzzards & stuff & they also had a darling little parrot named Mango who would take your carefully folded bill & fly to the donation box & drop it in. We had a good time, especially the smallest one of us. It was Pirate Festival too so the oldest among us (me!) enjoyed some pirate watching too. They talk like me! :mrgreen:

I am reading Charles Frazier's "Thirteen Moons". I think he wrote it in the 1980's. I have laughed out loud a few times. Very good. I am part Frazier (aka Fraser) as well.

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:43 am

Blue, I am re-reading 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. A recent news article stating that a school is removing the book from its' library prompted me to want to go back to this favorite again. I will always remember the messages in this wonderful book, and never tire of watching the movie.

trixie68

Postby trixie68 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 pm

grammylove wrote:Blue, I am re-reading 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. A recent news article stating that a school is removing the book from its' library prompted me to want to go back to this favorite again. I will always remember the messages in this wonderful book, and never tire of watching the movie.

Hi Grammy, I liked that movie too and love to read. The name of the book Im reading now is called Fancy Pants. The author is Susan Elizabeth Phillips.There is a lot of drama in it and a love story also. Cannot seem to put it down. I have never read To kill a mockingbird but the movie was great.

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:56 pm

The effects of the fires in No. California are felt even here in the South. Our animal shelters are bursting with lost animals who thankfully survived. Today I saw the results of efforts to reunite them with their families, and to make them more comfortable during that process. We don't often get to see the impact of our small donations, but I am here to tell you that it matters more than you know.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:48 pm

grammylove wrote:Blue, I am re-reading 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. A recent news article stating that a school is removing the book from its' library prompted me to want to go back to this favorite again. I will always remember the messages in this wonderful book, and never tire of watching the movie.

It's a shame that some of the really good classics are being pulled but you hear about it more & more. I am afraid someone can find something offensive in nearly every book, especially the ones that are based on things that really happened. I hope we don't ever live in a world where everything is sterile and bland. Remember Farenheidt 451 (?) where all books were burned & the government just pumped what they wanted you to hear thru your tv? It may be closer than we think. I am already worried about so many things that are happening.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”