The cabin fire was caused by a cell phone

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Acadia_ca

The cabin fire was caused by a cell phone

Postby Acadia_ca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm

There are a number of threads popping up asking who caused the fire. The reality is that nobody caused the fire.

When Ben had his psychotic episode he threw the cell phone on the ground and he crushed it with his foot because he didn't want Ciara to call somebody for help.

After Ciara talked him down and he left the cabin to go get his medication, the camera panned to the broken cell phone on the floor. You could see that the battery ignited and a flame appeared and that's how the fire started.

Any fire inspector with half a brain and qualifications would notice that there was a hot spot where the cell phone was versus wherever else the fire had been. They know it was suspicious but for some reason they missed that extra dark burned area where the cell phone was. Not to mention the remnants of the cell phone itself.

lurker girl

Re: The cabin fire was caused by a cell phone

Postby lurker girl » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:There are a number of threads popping up asking who caused the fire. The reality is that nobody caused the fire.

When Ben had his psychotic episode he threw the cell phone on the ground and he crushed it with his foot because he didn't want Ciara to call somebody for help.

After Ciara talked him down and he left the cabin to go get his medication, the camera panned to the broken cell phone on the floor. You could see that the battery ignited and a flame appeared and that's how the fire started.

Any fire inspector with half a brain and qualifications would notice that there was a hot spot where the cell phone was versus wherever else the fire had been. They know it was suspicious but for some reason they missed that extra dark burned area where the cell phone was. Not to mention the remnants of the cell phone itself.

Even though I didn't see the smoke from the crushed cell phone, this makes the most sense. And I was right, too, unfortunately, that the Salem Fire Dept. is as incompetent as the SPD. :(

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:There are a number of threads popping up asking who caused the fire. The reality is that nobody caused the fire.

How did you came to the conclusion, boo boo? I thought it was the portable stove, or the lamp on the night stand...or that stupid lighter!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:56 pm

lurker girl wrote:

Even though I didn't see the smoke from the crushed cell phone, this makes the most sense. And I was right, too, unfortunately, that the Salem Fire Dept. is as incompetent as the SPD. :(

:lol: So are the lawyers of Salem, with the exception of Ted, who I hope is here to stay!

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:23 pm

EJAMI5555 wrote:

How did you came to the conclusion, boo boo? I thought it was the portable stove, or the lamp on the night stand...or that stupid lighter!

Because it was shown on camera.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:09 am

But there was other things than that...Ben would have said to Ciara that it was a cell phone. I think it's the lighter!

fightcrab

Postby fightcrab » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:21 am

Acadia_ca wrote:
EJAMI5555 wrote:

Because it was shown on camera.

I remember that moment.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:56 am

^ It was not explained, that's the whole thing here.

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:25 pm

EJAMI5555 wrote:But there was other things than that...Ben would have said to Ciara that it was a cell phone. I think it's the lighter!

The cell phone was broken In the heat of the moment.
He likely didn't give it a second thought and obviously Ciara didn't either.

When looking toward the TV, the stove was to the right of the bed. The fire was to the left of the bed by the door. Ciara tried to get out of the right side of the bed towards where the stove is and that's where she collapsed.

Ben broke the cell phone on the floor near the door.

And the camera panned to the broken cell phone as the fire erupted from it.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:12 pm

I think the cell phone throwing, may have moved the portable stove...which may be the real cause of fire. If not, than I strongly bet it is the lighter! 8-) :o ;)

Return to “Days of Our Lives”