The Summer Teen Storylines on B&B

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
Lifetime Viewer

Re: The Summer Teen Storylines on B&B

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:02 am

Lady Jana wrote:Okay, maybe the "teen stories" worked back 50 years ago! But the stories were NOT boring! I remember watching "Another World" when it first started. The teen story consisted of a "nice " girl (Alice's older sister) got involved with a playboy. They went swimming and dated and the guy talked Miss "Sweet Thing" into stepping over the "line", if you know what I mean. Well,when the summer was over, the playboy wasn't seeing her much. Finally she got all dolled up,and drove over to his house. She asked him why he hadn't seen her much lately? He told her he was busy getting ready to go away to college. She then told him that HE had promised to marry her if she gave in. He told her to basically go kick rocks. She reached into her purse and shot him dead! Then promptly forgot she shot him!! Her parents retained one of the most prominent attorney's in the Mid-West. She spent time in jail and she still didn't remember shooting him. Finally, the attorney got her off on temporary amnesia. When the girl remembered she killed him she went to pieces. But by this time the older suave. good-looking mature attorney had fallen in love with Miss Sweet Thing" and they got married.

The next summer "teen romance" girl was a little older. It was on Days of Our Lives. Julie met a friend of her brothers. They would meet at lunch time at his apartment to share a picnic lunch and get to know each other. Well as time went by the verbal talking slowed down and after they ate, they would engage in kisses! Well, those kisses sizzled!!!!! Those two set the TV screen on fire. I guess the real feelings of the actor and actress came through, as a couple of years later "Doug and Julie" got married in "Real Life" and are still married. Now that was a very HOT "teen" story line!

No dancing around a room and knocking a guy out when Emma swings her hand during a turn! I also can't believe that any guy that gets smacked on the forehead as lightly as Emma hit Xander could have been rendered unconscious. This is definitely NOT a good start to this summer romance! There doesn't seem to be to many places that this romance can go. But okay, we will see! :shock: :shock: :shock: ;) ;) ;)

Ha..Ha..Ha..Ha..I really enjoyed your post! I was a teenager when YR featured the summer stories of Danny Romalotti, Traci Abbott, and Lauren Fenmore singing on their Friday concerts! I still remember that Mom and I went to the grocery store on Friday mornings in the summer time, and we would always want to be home by lunch time to watch our YR. In those days, there were no VCR's and no way to tape YR. We would watch YR and eat a BLT! What memories! I also remember the summer that Brad Carlton became the Abbott pool boy, and Traci fell in love with him! Bill Bell sure was a master of his craft. Absolutely no doubt!

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:15 am

I can't see young teens tuning into this show..I mean a older women moaning over a daughter who got dumped ain't really exciting.....and a romance between Katie and Thorne that would be like watching mom and dad dateing zzz. And the hip hop kick teens that's zzzzzzz nothing exciting in half hr soap..kids like action and a lot work summer jobs there's alot of openings this year to make extra money...really teens interested doubt it........get your ff ready ...

bnb fan

Postby bnb fan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:25 am

Yeah, I'd like to see this show either stay clear of the teens OR - do a teen mixed in with an adult storyline....

And instead of harping on the "Go Green" PSA I'd really like to see the show focus on "Romance" and pushing the barriers with attraction/sex.

romance....because i feel like we have lost the art of it in every day and would be nice to see it being brought back on the screen - and I'm taking proactive not innocent romancing wrapped up in seduction.

It's summer, spring fever has to find an outlet - right?!

tiga

Postby tiga » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:32 am

they dhould have kept RJ on and had him either take steffy or Hope's side

bnb fan

Postby bnb fan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:48 am

tiga wrote:they dhould have kept RJ on and had him either take steffy or Hope's side

YES!

We need cast members outside the FC/SP trades...

Like Cops that get romantically involved, lawyers, doctors, nurses, bartenders, wait staff -

First of all these interns...fine - but to have someone like hope HEAD and sign off on HFTF...GMAB - we need to see her earn her stripes. Same deal with RJ. I can see Hope and RJ interning - because of Ridge.

But Emma? Xander? Why don't we see them interning at a hospital as a volunteer or something else OR make it fun since it's summer so at Bikini Bar as bartender or wait staff???

It just makes for better storylines to have professional fields outside of FC - like get a HOT cop or 2 (male and female) and a HOT male Lawyer on retainer at SP.... would be fun to see - and if Justin is a lawyer, then get a female lawyer at FC - would be fun to see them spar. And eventually pair up with someone on the fashion and publishing side to mix up trades.

RJ would have been an interesting pawn - but I hope that this just means we are moving toward STILL and away from 'woe is me'

tiga

Postby tiga » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:07 pm

bnb fan wrote:
tiga wrote:they dhould have kept RJ on and had him either take steffy or Hope's side

YES!

Like Cops that get romantically involved, lawyers, doctors, nurses, bartenders, wait staff -

First of all these interns...fine - but to have someone like hope HEAD and sign off on HFTF...GMAB - we need to see her earn her stripes. Same deal with RJ. I can see Hope and RJ interning - because of Ridge.

But Emma? Xander? Why don't we see them interning at a hospital as a volunteer or something else OR make it fun since it's summer so at Bikini Bar as bartender or wait staff???

It just makes for better storylines to have professional fields outside of FC - like get a HOT cop or 2 (male and female) and a HOT male Lawyer on retainer at SP.... would be fun to see - and if Justin is a lawyer, then get a female lawyer at FC - would be fun to see them spar. And eventually pair up with someone on the fashion and publishing side to mix up trades.

RJ would have been an interesting pawn - but I hope that this just means we are moving toward STILL and away from 'woe is me'

love your suggesstions.

bnb fan

Postby bnb fan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:13 am

tiga wrote:
bnb fan wrote:
YES!

love your suggesstions.

Thank you. It's one of those, last ditch effort type of deals to say we fans actually care.... obviously if we are still watching but on our last thread of holding out ;-) by giving suggestions hahahaha

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”