Not liking the new format

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
reng

Re: Not liking the new format

Postby reng » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 pm

I just signed on here to complain about the new format. Glad to see I’m not alone. Bring back the previews!

canada123

Postby canada123 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:41 pm

I could not agree more. This new format is for the birds. I like getting a hint of what is happening tomorrow. Gives me time to speculate of what may or may not happen.

nytwhatevr

Postby nytwhatevr » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:44 pm

WisGal wrote:I like the new format. Half the time, if I see the spoilers, there is no reason to even watch the next day, because all has been given away in the spoiler sequence.
I enjoyed the recaps and the background on JT. He is better looking than when he left! Wish he was going to be staying around GC!

I am happy to see changes in the show, new sets, more outdoor scenes, people even dressed for the weather...

Except almost everyone grabs their coat, then walks out the door with it over their arm. Maybe it's just me, but I actually put my coat ON before going out in the cold. At least today Victoria had her coat on at the club. Of course, she was wearing a cocktail-like dress with one shoulder exposed, so she would have really been cold if she walked out carrying her coat.

wahunson28

Postby wahunson28 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Very true. J.T. is just as boring as ever. After all the hoopla about how his return to Genoa City was going to shake things up, and all he's done all week is sit around in the apartment with Victoria, crying into their wine, while they moan about how Reed is blowing them off and wants nothing to do with them. Nothing at all has changed.

Arckangel

Postby Arckangel » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Most of us here and elsewhere seem not to like the new format. I really suggest those of us who don't like it let TPTB know about it now (on official Twitter and Facebook accounts) like I have. If we do, they may revert it back to the previous format. Or maybe they could keep the recaps and also include the previews (that only last like 10 seconds).

WisGal

Postby WisGal » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:01 pm

nytwhatevr wrote:
WisGal wrote:I like the new format. Half the time, if I see the spoilers, there is no reason to even watch the next day, because all has been given away in the spoiler sequence.
I enjoyed the recaps and the background on JT. He is better looking than when he left! Wish he was going to be staying around GC!

I am happy to see changes in the show, new sets, more outdoor scenes, people even dressed for the weather...

Except almost everyone grabs their coat, then walks out the door with it over their arm. Maybe it's just me, but I actually put my coat ON before going out in the cold. At least today Victoria had her coat on at the club. Of course, she was wearing a cocktail-like dress with one shoulder exposed, so she would have really been cold if she walked out carrying her coat.

Ah, yes. That is true. I was thinking about the outdoor scenes at the park, where people had actual coats and scarves on. I can see why the director does not have the characters dress before getting out the door. That takes us several minutes in real life (not to mention going out to start the car first), so I suppose they don't want to waste that kind of screen time!

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:18 pm

As much as I like the current writing.. I DO NOT LIKE THIS NEW FORMAT!!! Soaps for decades in the U.S. has always had previews at the ending.... I think it will return.. I am sure Y&R is getting a lot of complaints..

Soapsme

Postby Soapsme » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Dkingz1130 wrote:Mal needs to bring back the previews! And stop cutting scenes that happened in the previous episode!

Agree, not liking .....on the last Y & R, bring back the preview for the next day!

mo195000

Postby mo195000 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:56 pm

I agree; I definitely do not like this. One thing that irritates me more than anything else is having important things happening off screen that we, the viewers, should be seeing. It is disorienting and leaves me with a very bad feeling about the show in general.

Johnlives

Postby Johnlives » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:44 am

yandrfan99 wrote:I miss the next day previews too not a fan of the new format either.

HATE this new format. I want my previews back :evil:

Return to “The Young and the Restless”