Time of day is off......(day ahead show)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
MissKitty13

Time of day is off......(day ahead show)

Postby MissKitty13 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:10 pm

On today's show in Canada, Nikki & Victoria meet at the G.C.A.C. both wearing long evening gowns. Vicki's has one sleeve and is long and Nikki's has a slit and is long. So I thought it was evening, even though I didn't recall what event they had worn these dresses to. But then, Hilary is having a morning meeting at Jack's house and Nick is rallying everyone for the protest in the park, which is daytime.

So the question is, why were Nikki & Victoria wearing evening dresses in the daytime? :?

Something seemed "off" with this episode.....disjointed and too much that supposedly happened off camera....like Nikki moving funds from Victor's account to an off-shore account. I don't remember actually seeing her do that....did anyone see that? Was I sleeping again?

BUT, on a side note, I have noticed a great improvement in the quality of the clothing being worn. The clothes actually look like something rich people would wear. The hair, makeup & wardrobe is better, IMO. Not every single garment and not every single hairstyle but an overall improvement.

georgygirl222

Re: Time of day is off......(day ahead show)

Postby georgygirl222 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:31 pm

MissKitty13 wrote:On today's show in Canada, Nikki & Victoria meet at the G.C.A.C. both wearing long evening gowns. Vicki's has one sleeve and is long and Nikki's has a slit and is long. So I thought it was evening, even though I didn't recall what event they had worn these dresses to. But then, Hilary is having a morning meeting at Jack's house and Nick is rallying everyone for the protest in the park, which is daytime.

So the question is, why were Nikki & Victoria wearing evening dresses in the daytime? :?

Something seemed "off" with this episode.....disjointed and too much that supposedly happened off camera....like Nikki moving funds from Victor's account to an off-shore account. I don't remember actually seeing her do that....did anyone see that? Was I sleeping again?

BUT, on a side note, I have noticed a great improvement in the quality of the clothing being worn. The clothes actually look like something rich people would wear. The hair, makeup & wardrobe is better, IMO. Not every single garment and not every single hairstyle but an overall improvement.

It used to make me laugh with the change of time in an episode. One character would appear at someone's house and it was suddenly night. 3 minutes later with another character it's broad daylight...have you ever seen such a mish mosh?

I wish they would hire a very important person to the production...He/she will be in charge of 'Continuity." That person makes sure that the acto'rs dress and hair is right for the day it's supposed to be. (Most probably why we see the actors wearing the same clothe for 2-3 days at a time.:lol:) They look for lighting and say "STOP....it's still supposed to be daytime, not dark." That person co-ordinates with someone in charge of props to make sure the scene is identical to when they stopped filming.

Sigh...I understand budget cuts, but you have to at least pay for certain people. :roll:

nytwhatevr

Postby nytwhatevr » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:16 am

I thought the same thing about Vikki. #1==not a good dress to wear in Wisconsin in the winter and #2-while pretty, it looked like a cocktail dress. Shee then went to the office and it certainly wasn't a dress appropriate for the office. And Sharon had made pancakes for breakfast---Gloria said she had to rush through breakfast, so it had to be early. Vikki's hair looked very tidy---but she usually only wears it like that when dressed up for a gala. So, yeh--she seemed out of place.

Grammapaint

Postby Grammapaint » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 am

Exactly. When I saw Victoria wearing that bare shoulder dress and her hair all up and fixed, I thought, "I must have missed something". What are they doing and where are they at and what time of day is it and what the heck?

Grammapaint

Postby Grammapaint » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:02 am

Exactly. When I saw Victoria wearing that bare shoulder dress and her hair all up and fixed, I thought, "I must have missed something". What are they doing and where are they at and what time of day is it and what the heck?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”