Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
SuperSimmer

Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily and Cane Fans!

Postby SuperSimmer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:11 pm

anniehall and ms supersuds, you two have said everything that i feel for these two characters. thanks, i didn't know about this thread or the board itself. i was just used to reading the comments after the updates. boy those people can really be lane bashers...it's insane. you guys are really on point with your comments, and i applaud you!!!! also, i too wish lily hadn't slept with billy, but i think she figured cane would be with chloe for at least the next eighteen years raising his daughter, so she was trying to move on. i think cane has forgiven her, that's why the memories of her made him rush up to the cabin. i love this couple, they do remind me of old hollywood!!! i am 57, so call me old fashioned. but you gotta love the whole courtship they had, so refreshing in today's immoral society. again, thanks to everyone on this thread, i find all of you caring, loyal and respectful. God bless you all. and GO LANE!!!!!!

MsSuperSuds

Postby MsSuperSuds » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Quote SuperSimmer: anniehall and ms supersuds, you two have said everything that i feel for these two characters. thanks, i didn't know about this thread or the board itself. i was just used to reading the comments after the updates. boy those people can really be lane bashers...it's insane. you guys are really on point with your comments, and i applaud you!!!! also, i too wish lily hadn't slept with billy, but i think she figured cane would be with chloe for at least the next eighteen years raising his daughter, so she was trying to move on. i think cane has forgiven her, that's why the memories of her made him rush up to the cabin. i love this couple, they do remind me of old hollywood!!! i am 57, so call me old fashioned. but you gotta love the whole courtship they had, so refreshing in today's immoral society. again, thanks to everyone on this thread, i find all of you caring, loyal and respectful. God bless you all. and GO LANE!!!!!!

Ms. Simmer! I think that we are just hopeless romantics. I love this couple because they love each other and you can see love when you look at them. Also remember that there is a separate non-bash thread for Lily and one for Cane. Please post there as well. I thank you for loving our super couple so well. Glad to have you aboard and I thank you for posting.

SuperSimmer

Postby SuperSimmer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:06 pm

thanks for the welcome mate. he he and i will post on the other threads as well. i just adore this couple...i hate all of the vitriol on the update board, whew, too intense for me. i get angry and my posts show it, and i don't like going there. it's like people are trying to make you mad by saying stuff that is just plain stupid. i am glad i found you guys, so friendly, and peaceful. thanks again, and God bless you and your family...Lane rocks forever!!!!!!

Charme

Postby Charme » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Welcome aboard the Lane train SuperSimmer. I'm always thrilled to talk to another Lane fan and supporter. For all the criticism that you may have read, there is just as much if not more support for this beautiful couple. I am 37 and I love your comments about Lane reminding you of old hollywood. Like Lane I love old movies as well. I just love watching these two interact, because it's so loving and romantic. Lane is my favorite soap couple. Go Lane!!!!!!!! You make this soap worth watching :D .

lanefan256

Postby lanefan256 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Hey SuperSimmer, welcome to the Lane thread! Its always good to have a new fan aboard. :-) I too love the old fashioned love affair of Lily and Cane. They started out so slowly and built their relationship like they used to back in the day. I'm 35 years old and I remember the way soap love used to be. When Cane and Lily have a scene together I swear I feel it in my toes. They have "it" and there is no explanation its just a special kind of chemistry.

Long live Lane!

Charme

Postby Charme » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Quote lanefan256: Hey SuperSimmer, welcome to the Lane thread! Its always good to have a new fan aboard. :-) I too love the old fashioned love affair of Lily and Cane. They started out so slowly and built their relationship like they used to back in the day. I'm 35 years old and I remember the way soap love used to be. When Cane and Lily have a scene together I swear I feel it in my toes. They have "it" and there is no explanation its just a special kind of chemistry.

Long live Lane!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :) :)) :)) :))

annyhall

Postby annyhall » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Welcome SuperSimmer to the best thread on the MB. You hit on something I didn't realize. The vintage lovestory angle of Lane. I love movies made in 50s & 60s and that is what they remind me of. I hear so many say on this board about Lane being boring. I figured it out! We are in a fast food culture and people have no patience to watch something mature and develop into true love. All they want to see is someone hopping in bed just for the sake of a quickie thrill. The writer who wrote this story line must have had one of the classics in mind. She must have understood the Art of Romance. I'd rather watch a classic like Withering Heights any day over something like how Stella Got Her Groove.

SuperSimmer

Postby SuperSimmer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:48 pm

lanefan256 and charme, thank you both for the welcome!!! i am really feeling the love over here...it's a nice change. i can't get enough of lily and cane, they are so darn sweet together, reminds me of when i met my husband, 38 years ago!!! lane represents what true love is all about, being friends first so you can respect each other. sex is fleeting, and too many young people today don't realize that if they hold out for someone with morals and character, then they will end up with someone special who has integrity. lane has integrity, not selfishness, that is why i applaud them. lily let cane go because she is a decent human being who thinks of other's happiness as being more important than her own. the haters call her weak for this, but i call her kind and compassionate. that is why chloe hates her, and wanted her life. now lily has the two men that chloe wanted/wants still crazy about her in a way that they could never want chloe. lily is lovable, chloe and her devious machinations is not. thank you again for the welcome, i am enjoying all of you guys over here!!!

lanefan256

Postby lanefan256 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Annyhall,ITA. There is so much talk about Lane being boring and it completely baffles me. I know I'm a tad bias but they are the best thing on this show. Lily and Cane can just look at each other and that says more than words. If Lane is boring then I say please Y&R bore me 5 days a week! :-) :-)

SuperSimmer

Postby SuperSimmer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:00 pm

anniehall, thanks for the welcome!!!! courting seems to be a lost art in this immoral world today. lane is such a good example for young people because they respect each other. they would be married today if not for chloe, lane was in it for the duration. no wham bam thank you mam. it was pure love from the beginning. the eyes are the mirror of the soul, and lane does this to death!! i do get goosebumps watching them, reminds me of the old days when i was young. i am fifty seven, and met my husband at age 17 as a freshmen in college. i was married at 18, after my first year, and a mother at twenty. we are still in love, and i think it was because we were both virgins who respected the sanctity of marriage and honored vows. young people today do themselves a disservice by settling for anyone who thinks they are sexy and hot, and they don't understand that if a man loves you, he wants more from you than sex. he wants someone he can be proud enough to bring home to mama. remember rick james, "she's a very freaky girl, the kind you don't bring home to mama...?" well, lily is the kind any mother would welcome, i know i would. thanks again for the welcome, you guys are great, i am totally feeling the love. God bless you and your family.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”