This Is Us

Discuss all your favorite television shows here, primetime, daytime, Netflix...
d00l1fan

This Is Us

Postby d00l1fan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:13 pm

I love this show and hope it continues to do well.

vickiekk

Re: This Is Us

Postby vickiekk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:33 pm

I agree, this is a wonderful show. I love the characters and the actors, so NBC will probably cancel it, idiots that they are. haha

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:55 pm

I've wondered how Randall came to know who his parents were. He was left at the fire station, not handed over. The firefighter who found him and took him to the hospital says he was the one who found the abandoned baby. There's basically no information about Randall from the start.

Yet on his 36th birthday, Randall gets an email from the investigators he hired to find his biological father.

I wonder if Randall's bio dad William waited around (at a distance) for someone to find the baby. Maybe he even followed them to the hospital and saw Randall leave with Jack & Rebecca a short time later.

Did William show up at the Pearson's home in later years, identifying himself? At some point, they told William about it and that's how he got the name of his father?

I don't see how he could have gotten that information out of thin air. Just wondering. :)

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:20 am

Well I guess I had the right idea about William having some early contact with Jack and Rebecca and tonight I found out it was just with Rebecca. William and Rebecca came to some agreement (after she found him) that he must never come back into Randall's life. So the question still remains, how did Randall or the agency he hired to find his biological father, ever come across William?

I forget what was said in present time, but I think who ever mentioned Jack didn't do so in past tense.

In the flashbacks, Jack and Rebecca finally talk about the baby they lost but never mentioned anything about a funeral for the baby.

I think Kate and Toby make a great couple and no, he didn't act anything like Insane Elaine (I wish they had showed her face). Kevin hiding in his closet from this woman was hilarious.

vickiekk

Postby vickiekk » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:46 pm

I truly love the show also. I love the relationship between Kevin and Kate. Even though he is a star, he isn't ashamed of Kate and her size. He wants her to go everywhere with him. That says so much for him as a person, PERIOD, and more so since he IS a tv star. I love their connection as twins. Not only did Kate talk about each other feeling the other's pain, we saw her feel Kevin's pain in the last episode. This usually happens more often in identical twins, but also in fraternal twins.

I know Randall had to have felt left out as a child especially growing up and not only being different but not having that "connection" to his sibblings but at least he was in a good, loving home. And, obviously, it continues on as the mom and step dad go to visit him and the grandchildren. I think that is SO great!

Jack is alive, not sure what's up yet, but he is around. We will see, hopefully soon.

This is such a great, realistic, feel good show, with sad moments of course. Please keep it on, you idiots at NBC.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Kevin is co-dependent. I didn't know how much he relied on his sister until the last episode. It will be interesting to see how each of them react/behave without being within an arms reach of each other.

It's understandable that Rebecca wouldn't want William to be in Randall's life. After all, he did abandon his son. But Randall didn't tell his mom he was searching for his father either. Maybe if he had, she would have come clean about meeting William.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:17 pm

I am enjoying this show, except for the annoying music. There was a critical scene and the vocals of the music were so loud I couldn't make out the dialogue. Other than that, the acting is great and also the story itself. I wonder why Rebecca did not tell Randal after he was an adult, that she knew where his father was and had met with him. I'm not clear on whether she ever told Jack she had met with Randal's bio father. And when Rebecca came to visit Randal and his family, who was the new husband and when was he brought into the story. I'm sure I saw all of the episodes but must have missed the breakup of Jack and Rebecca. For me stories that constantly jump from past to present become confusing.

vickiekk

Postby vickiekk » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:58 pm

i am just GUESSING that maybe Rebecca didn't want Randall to know that his parents had been junkies,and after the mom died I think William realized he couldn't possibly take care of the baby. He had nothing at all.and was all alone too, but of course that is just speculation on my part. I don't think she told Jack about meeting him. Her new husband was Jack's old friend in the bar way back that kept telling him he needed to go home to his wife and family, that he didn't realize what he had or something to that effect, of course Jack didn't. Obviously, when they split, his friend DID realize it and grabbed on to it. I think he and Jack worked together. I saw the actors who play Jack and Rebecca on a talk show and they said that they will get around to telling about the break up pretty soon, so we will find out at least.

I don't think Kevin is co-dependent d00lfan, I just think they are extremely close and he didn't realize how their closeness was affecting her life until the last episode. But saying he is co-dependent makes him sound too needy and desperate and I don't think he is. They BOTH are just very, very close to each other.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:33 pm

SaraG1000 wrote:I am enjoying this show, except for the annoying music. There was a critical scene and the vocals of the music were so loud I couldn't make out the dialogue. Other than that, the acting is great and also the story itself. I wonder why Rebecca did not tell Randal after he was an adult, that she knew where his father was and had met with him. I'm not clear on whether she ever told Jack she had met with Randal's bio father. And when Rebecca came to visit Randal and his family, who was the new husband and when was he brought into the story. I'm sure I saw all of the episodes but must have missed the breakup of Jack and Rebecca. For me stories that constantly jump from past to present become confusing.

Rebecca's new husband is Jack's friend. They were drinking at a bar when Jack was saying something/complaining about his marriage. His friend told him to appreciate what he had with Rebecca. I forgot the friend's name though.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:35 pm

vickiekk wrote:i am just GUESSING that maybe Rebecca didn't want Randall to know that his parents had been junkies,and after the mom died I think William realized he couldn't possibly take care of the baby. He had nothing at all.and was all alone too, but of course that is just speculation on my part. I don't think she told Jack about meeting him. Her new husband was Jack's old friend in the bar way back that kept telling him he needed to go home to his wife and family, that he didn't realize what he had or something to that effect, of course Jack didn't. Obviously, when they split, his friend DID realize it and grabbed on to it. I think he and Jack worked together. I saw the actors who play Jack and Rebecca on a talk show and they said that they will get around to telling about the break up pretty soon, so we will find out at least.

I don't think Kevin is co-dependent d00lfan, I just think they are extremely close and he didn't realize how their closeness was affecting her life until the last episode. But saying he is co-dependent makes him sound too needy and desperate and I don't think he is. They BOTH are just very, very close to each other.

Well Kevin (Justin Hartley) is heading to New York, maybe he'll stop by Y & R while he's at it. :D

Return to ‚ÄúPrimetime television‚ÄĚ