Secrets & Lies - Season 2

Discuss all your favorite television shows here, primetime, daytime, Netflix...
d00l1fan

Re: Secrets & Lies - Season 2

Postby d00l1fan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:17 am

Cornell showing some emotions was quite the departure from her unsympathetic, laser-focused hard stance we have come to know. (And some of you have come to loathe.) The flashbacks of how her partner got killed was tragic. I don’t see how she could have done anything to prevent the events that unfolded that day. I thought she was being blamed for his death but maybe it was just her blaming herself for not having solved the murder (yet).

Her frustration with being blocked from investigating her partner’s death fuels her anger. Ethan (her ex-husband) pointed out that he didn’t think that would stop her from investigating anyway.

Her daughter Jennifer was nasty toward her. She hasn’t accepted that her mother having her arrested (or arrested her herself) was an attempt to save her life.

Since Cornell is such a cross-every-T-dot-every-i- kind of cop, I was surprised she helped Danny (To some degree). I wasn’t sure if she would even attempt to arrest him (as she was ordered to) but that two-phone trick she used on Ralston was smart. I should have known she suspected he was spying on her.

Well, Melanie showed her claws tonight. There were no signs of her lush-self as she threatened to take on Eric. He basically reminded her that she was a nobody and her threats are empty. Is she that protective of Patrick? Or just his money?

Mark Peterson is the adoptive father of Charlie (who is very handsome by the way). His wife Belinda had met with Kate and was against her meeting Charlie. Eric tells Belinda that he has her on security footage entering his office building and she denies she killed Kate. The video should show when she left the building but Eric tells her that conveniently, part of that video was erased.

Belinda remembers seeing a woman (she describes Melanie) leaving, what I guess is the security room. Why would Melanie erase or have someone erase part of that footage? Is Patrick on it with Kate? Is she on it with Kate?

Amanda can’t stop lying. She told Eric that her soon to be ex-husband didn’t want kids and that was why they were getting a divorce. When Eric visits Greg at the hospital, Greg tells Eric he does want kids. They had been struggling with infertility so he asked Amanda about adopting. Amanda was adamant that she wanted to have her own babies and if this latest attempt to get pregnant (using fertility injections) didn’t work, then she would consider adoption.
Amanda pressured Greg to the point of divorce?

Mrs. Stone tells Eric that Kate caught Neil having sex in his office and she thinks it was with Melanie.

Eric discovers that Patrick is the one who opened the unauthorized bank account. Want to bet Melanie talked him into it? Patrick doesn’t seem to have much of a backbone or the smarts to do it on his own.

Neil is MIA and so is John.

People and reasons for wanting Kate out of the way:

• Amanda was jealous of Kate being pregnant while she struggled to get pregnant. I wouldn’t be surprised if Amanda blasted Kate for giving up one baby and maybe she shouldn’t be lucky enough to have another.
• Belinda insisted Kate stay away from Charlie and was afraid Kate wouldn’t listen.
• Kate found out about Melanie and Neil.
• Patrick was afraid Kate would tell everyone about him and the unauthorized account.
• Melanie was protecting Patrick.
• Liam didn’t want to be exposed.

Please add to the list. :D

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:29 am

Cornell Confidential – Ken Turk

Cornell asks for a minute with ADA Ken Turk who says he is just about to hear “the fastest confession in history” and that she needs to get back to solving murders. Cornell wants to clear the air. As she attempts to tell him something about the Ben Crawford case, he interrupts her by asking if her daughter (Jennifer) violated probation.

She admits her daughter relapsed and is now in treatment. When Turk asks what facility Jennifer is in, Cornell gets defensive and states that it would be beneath Turk to take Jennifer out of treatment just to send her to jail. When asked again, Cornell says Jennifer is in a place called Liberty House. (I think I saw this name on a brochure or flyer in Detective Reyna’s car.)
Turk gives Cornell some advice. He says that when Jennifer gets out, remember H.A.L.T.

• Hungry.
• Angry.
• Lonely.
• Tired.

If Jennifer allows herself to get more than two of these, she is going to use. She needs to get new friends as well. Metaphorically speaking, he says if you hang out in a barber shop long enough, you’re going to get a haircut. So if Jennifer hangs out with users, she’s going to use. He says it’s the only thing he himself got right. Whenever Jennifer gets out, they have group meetings across the street from Liberty House. He hands Cornell a card with his phone number on it and says if Jennifer feels like using again, she can call him.

Cornell says thank you. Turk says he isn’t doing it for her. You have to give away sobriety in order to keep sobriety.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:37 am

Ralston calls Cornell after finding Jennifer out of it. Apparently, she has relapsed. Cornell immediately lists the consequences of this, indicating she will have to turn her in again. Ralston reminds Cornell that she is the mother and Cornell says she didn’t ask him to call her.

Cornell takes Jennifer back to Ethan’s house and some time later Jennifer disappears. After checking her usual hangouts, Cornell & Ethan come up empty. Finally, Jennifer calls and lets them know that she checked herself into rehab and it’s a relief to her parents.

I’m so happy Jennifer did this on her own instead of being forced. It shows she wants to stay clean and her parents are proud. Her apology to Cornell was very touching.

In John’s office, Eric and Neil hear a phone ringing and it’s in John’s desk drawer. When Eric opens the flip phone the caller ID says the call is from a cancer center. When Eric and Amanda confront John about it, he denies he has cancer and simply found the phone in a bathroom and was holding it until the owner came for it.

Why didn’t John give the phone to the lost and found? Who would come looking for their lost phone in the head honcho’s office?

Finally, Cornell gets some forensic evidence. The crime lab found blood in the dirt of a potted plant from the rooftop and the lab tech says the blood has to be that of the killer. Cornell of course isn’t satisfied because she still hasn’t found her killer.

When did Ethan develop a British accent?

It seems odd to me that two weeks later, Cornell would ask for the clothing the key suspects were wearing on the night Kate was murdered.

Neil was with Amanda in the office! Didn’t Mrs. Stone say it was Melanie?

Patrick used that $12 million dollar line of credit to buy houses. And it turns out that one of the houses he now owns is a brothel. After ignoring Eric’s calls for days, he finally calls Eric. In Eric’s apartment Patrick explains why he did what he did and he knows he messed up. He also lets Eric know what was going on at that house.

Eric calls Danny to the house and lets him know that Carly may be in there. Danny wastes no time and goes to look for his daughter. He’s starts kick’in a** as he makes his way through the house, checking several bedrooms but still no Carly. One of the johns drops his wallet as he runs out of the house. Danny wonders how Eric knew about the house and Eric tells him Patrick’s owns the house but had nothing to do with what’s going on.

Danny tracks down the man who dropped the wallet, a cop by the name of Detective Oscar Reyna. He threatens to destroy Reyna’s family and job unless he helps him. Danny wants to know who runs the house on Mint Hill Drive.

Eric apologizes to Neil and Neil says he just wanted to protect him. Eric says he just needed to know what was going on and Neil says he didn’t know how to tell Eric that Melanie runs a cathouse.

I thought it was weird for Major Bryant to interview Melanie instead of Cornell. Now that I know she is “Madame Melanie” and Detective Reyna is a customer and Rachael (Carly’s friend the call girl) got a slap on the wrist last week, I wouldn’t be surprised if Bryant is also cathouse friendly.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:55 pm

Cornell Confidential

Cornell and her partner are on a computer at the police station, looking through photos of Melanie (Patrick’s wife) in bed with different men. One of the photos shows her with an Appeals Judge and others (I assume high profile people). In another photo, Ralston recognizes a girl but can’t place her. (They don’t show us the photo) Cornell tells him she is from the SEG skybox photo. (I’m thinking it’s Danny’s daughter).

Ralston asks Cornell if she is going to tell “him”.

She says no she can’t tell “him”.

Ralston then asks her wouldn’t she want to know?

I think Rachael is in the photo and Cornell is saying she can’t tell Danny. I’d find this strange since she knows he is desperately looking for his daughter.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:34 am

Season 2 finale of Cornell Confidential

Danny is in a bar drinking when Vice Detective Sanchez walks in. After she says his name, he tells her that she is going to need backup if she wants to arrest him for his bench warrant. She introduces herself and lets him know that Cornell filled her in about his missing daughter. She thinks she can help him. She then asks him if he has any photos of his daughter Rachael.

Danny pulls out his phone and shows Sanchez a pic of Rachael. Sanchez texts the photo to herself.
Sanchez asks about Rachael having any distinguishable tattoos that could help I.D. her. Danny says she didn’t have any when she left New York. Sanchez continues to probe about scars and birth marks.
As Danny looks on suspiciously, Sanchez quickly tells him she’s asking because they do a lot of field interviews and she’d hate it if they had talked to Rachael and didn’t know it was her.
Danny tells Sanchez to just show him the body she’s trying to I.D.

Sanchez then pulls out a photo from her pocket and states that she was trying to save him from a false alarm.
As Danny looks at the photo, he wipes away tears. Sanchez says the person in the photo died of a heroin overdose and Sanchez wasn’t able to make an I.D. off of his photo.

After a brief pause, Danny says Rachael has a mole, dead center of her shoulder blades. The girl in the photo isn’t Rachael.

Sanchez can only imagine how hard this must be for Danny and feels that today was a win for Rachael.

Danny asks why is it a win, because she isn’t on a slab?

Sanchez replies “It’s because she now has two of them looking for her.”

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:33 am

Well, what a finale.

So many twists and turns. Was it overkill? I don’t know.

I’m really happy that Danny finally found his daughter Rachael. It wasn’t under the best of circumstances but not the worst either.

So John is a bigamist. I didn’t see that coming. And he also has a son named R.B. (with his first wife) who found out that John had another family by way of Eric’s juvenile records. R.B is the one who Kate paid the extortion money to. R.B was jealous of his siblings and mad at John.

I felt sad for John’s legal wife. She is dying of cancer and is blindsided by her husband and son’s arrest within seconds of each other. She is shocked to learn that John had another family and kids.

Patrick drops a bombshell and says Eric pushed their mom over the staircase banner. I suspected it would have been Amanda and Eric covered it up. So when Patrick said it was Eric, I was shocked. But in the flash back, we see it isn’t so cut and dry. Their mother was horrible and vicious. She was coming at Amanda when Eric intervened as their mother grabbed at Amanda. Eric forced his mother to release and she fell backwards, over the banner.

So here we are, the big reveal of who killed Kate.

It was someone I had suspected early on (along with just about everyone else). I even posted about it but later, I felt they were in the clear only to find out tonight, they indeed killed Kate.

Amanda!!!!! :o

She was outraged that Kate got pregnant while she struggled. She was obsessed with getting pregnant and lost her husband because of it.

Poor Kate. She was trying to set things right with her in-laws messy ways and start a family with her husband. Only to have her deranged sister-in-law and friend kill her.

And wouldn’t you know, Amanda ends up pregnant anyway. She begs Eric to raise her child but Eric isn’t having any of it. I don’t know if he will change his mind later but he is understandably angry at his sister.

If your last name is Warner, instead of SEG, it will be CCC. Because you are either in a COMA or dying of CANCER or you’re a CRIMINAL.

Last but not least. Jennifer (Cornell’s daughter) has relapsed and broken into Cornell’s house. With her gun drawn, Cornell discovers Jennifer going through a drawer. She spots her bullets and asks Jennifer where her gun is. Jennifer is so high she barely gets anything out when Cornell hears someone else in the house.

Cornell quickly turns around, facing whoever it is and we can hear shots fired as the show ends.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I did enjoy this season and hope there is a season 3. If there is, maybe they will delve more into Cornell’s partner and his death. But of course I’d like to see what happened at her house.

Uuugghhh, these darn cliffhangers!! :shock:

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:32 pm

They always slip these little surprises on us. So here it is:

Cornell Confidential – 32 months later…

Patrick is walking up to a gate in a park and we can hear Eric’s voice in the background. As Patrick moves closer, he jokingly says ”you can’t let a woman run your life no matter how cute she is”. Then we see Eric, pushing a little girl in a swing. Eric and Patrick hug.

Eric says he’s glad Patrick got his message and Patrick’s lists the other things he got as well, like letters, money and proud papa pics while he was in prison.

Eric introduces “Uncle” Patrick to the little and says to her that she now has someone her own age she can play with. As Patrick takes her out of the swing to hold, her shoe comes off and she says “oh no.”

Patrick says he can’t believe Eric did this and Eric says he almost didn’t, but now, he can’t imagine life without this little girl. Patrick, still joking, says the little girl is the reason he doesn’t wear suits and ties or have a big ol’ stick up his butt.

Eric tells Patrick that they will leave soon and he has a room all ready for Patrick.

Patrick notices that there are no other children on the playground and Eric tells him, it’s the little girl’s fault because she is a biter. The little girl seems to try to explain herself.

Patrick tells the little girl that “the Warner curse ends with them, okay?”. The girl replies “okay”.
The scene fades to black as they leave the playground.

So Eric is raising Amanda’s daughter. I guess I should have known he would change his mind. They didn’t say if Eric has any contact with Amanda or where Neil is.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:47 am

d00l1fan wrote:They always slip these little surprises on us. So here it is:

Cornell Confidential – 32 months later…

Patrick is walking up to a gate in a park and we can hear Eric’s voice in the background. As Patrick moves closer, he jokingly says ”you can’t let a woman run your life no matter how cute she is”. Then we see Eric, pushing a little girl in a swing. Eric and Patrick hug.

Eric says he’s glad Patrick got his message and Patrick’s lists the other things he got as well, like letters, money and proud papa pics while he was in prison.

Eric introduces “Uncle” Patrick to the little and says to her that she now has someone her own age she can play with. As Patrick takes her out of the swing to hold, her shoe comes off and she says “oh no.”

Patrick says he can’t believe Eric did this and Eric says he almost didn’t, but now, he can’t imagine life without this little girl. Patrick, still joking, says the little girl is the reason he doesn’t wear suits and ties or have a big ol’ stick up his butt.

Eric tells Patrick that they will leave soon and he has a room all ready for Patrick.

Patrick notices that there are no other children on the playground and Eric tells him, it’s the little girl’s fault because she is a biter. The little girl seems to try to explain herself.

Patrick tells the little girl that “the Warner curse ends with them, okay?”. The girl replies “okay”.
The scene fades to black as they leave the playground.

So Eric is raising Amanda’s daughter. I guess I should have known he would change his mind. They didn’t say if Eric has any contact with Amanda or where Neil is.

Where does this information come from. I thought the season ended with Amanda pregnant in jail and Patrick out on bail.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi SaraG1000,

After every episode of Secrets & Lies, ABC.com has scenes they didn't include in the episode. Those extra scenes are in Cornell Confidential.

:D

Return to “Primetime television”