Secrets & Lies - Season 2

Discuss all your favorite television shows here, primetime, daytime, Netflix...
d00l1fan

Secrets & Lies - Season 2

Postby d00l1fan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:09 pm

I really enjoyed season 1. So far, I'm enjoying season 2. It seems a lot of people dislike Detective Cornell (Juliette Lewis). Her demeanor rubs people the wrong way. She isn't on the scene to be anyone's friend. She has a job to do and she is hell bent on not letting anyone get in the way of that. I actually like her. Even when she annoys me sometimes.

I'm suspicious of everyone (of course) but the father, John, (Terry O'Quinn) and the so called best friend Neil (Eric Winter) are the two I felt were acting more suspiciously the night Kate died.

I'm sure that'll change as the season progresses. I'll figure out who the killer is 5 minutes before the season finale, of course!

:D

vickiekk

Re: Secrets & Lies - Season 2

Postby vickiekk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Yes, I HATE Detective Cornell. She doesn't even know the details of the crime and she "knows" who did it and is out for their blood. She is sneaky and mean and not even necessarily to the guilty party. I mean geez, give the man a minute at least to mourn, or pretend to just in case he IS guilty. I do love the show though. I think this season will be as good as last season, which was very good in my opinion.

I also was suspicious of the best friend and maybe even the brother, but we shall see.

But, the detective needs to get a life and a personality (do her lips even turn up in a smile?) and she can STILL do her job well. LOL

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:01 pm

vickiekk wrote:Yes, I HATE Detective Cornell. She doesn't even know the details of the crime and she "knows" who did it and is out for their blood. She is sneaky and mean and not even necessarily to the guilty party. I mean geez, give the man a minute at least to mourn, or pretend to just in case he IS guilty. I do love the show though. I think this season will be as good as last season, which was very good in my opinion.

I also was suspicious of the best friend and maybe even the brother, but we shall see.

But, the detective needs to get a life and a personality (do her lips even turn up in a smile?) and she can STILL do her job well. LOL

Tell me of any detective who schedules every meeting with potential suspects. She shows up (anywhere) to throw people off of their game while she is investigating. She wants the guilty party to be disturbed by her enough to mess up (maybe fess up) and she catches it.

I also wonder if the sister (Amanda) really didn't know about Kate's baby.

vickiekk

Postby vickiekk » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm not saying she should schedule her appointments with potential suspects but, damn give the man a few minutes to mourn, JUST IN CASE he IS innocent..........and I agree with you, I think the sister knows more than she is letting on about the dead wife's past.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:58 pm

Give him a few minutes to mourn just in case he is innocent? Wouldn't he do that anyway, for the rest of his life if he's innocent?

vickiekk

Postby vickiekk » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:31 am

pffffffffft I meant when he found her dead....... lol.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:49 pm

On Cornell Confidential Detective Cornell interviews a homeless man named Mr. Dorsey at the police station. Mr. Dorsey has a burner phone that was purchased in a batch of 10. Each phone has a serial number and the phone Mr. Dorsey has is linked to Kate.

The last activity on the phone shows Kate sent a photo to someone. Mr. Dorsey says he found the phone in a dumpster along with some dirty broken comb he was combing his hair with. She tells him that she has to take the phone because it is evidence in a murder investigation.

Even though Mr. Dorsey speaks in riddles, he tells Cornell that possession is nine-tenths of the law and then starts to recite "The New Colossus".

Cornell asks him if he saw who throw away the phone to which he replies "Bravo, Romeo, Delta, 311". He then places his arm on a clear box (in his cart) filled with Hot Wheel or Matchbox cars. He repeats the "Bravo, Romeo, Delta, 311".

Cornell writes BRD311 on a pad and asks Mr. Dorsey is this the license plate number he saw on the car of the person who threw away the phone.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:54 am

Well there's nothing like a suspect believing he is no longer a suspect. That's what Amanda told Eric once they found out Detective Cornell asked a judge to extend a restraining order filed on the creepy ex-girlfriend (Tina Sawyer) who allegedly lied about Eric being abusive toward her. I think this is a set-up by Cornell. IF she still thinks he killed Kate, she's trying to make Eric feel comfortable so he'll let his guard down and slip up.

And where is this kid Liam (Or whoever he is since his real name isn't Liam)? Have they showed a clear picture of him at all, besides the grainy video Eric was looking at on the laptop? Eric was able to get a license plate number from that video, but I didn't pay attention to it. So I don't know if it matches the license plate number Mr. Dorsey (the homeless guy) told Cornell about.

So scary a** gun wielding Danny isn't looking for "Liam", he's looking for some girl named Carly who was at the office party the night Kate died. Kate sent him (Danny) a photo from the phone the homeless guy found.

We finally see Eric, Amanda & Patrick's mother. She's in a coma and John visits with her once a week. She has been in a care facility since a drunken fall many years ago. She looks so much older than I thought she would look and Eric seemed extremely nervous being in her hospital room.

I don't understand why John told Eric not to go to the police with what he found out about Liam lying about his true identity (possibly Kate's son) and opening up credit card accounts using the name of several company investors. Eric thinks Liam could have had something to do with Kate's death which would further his claims of not killing her yet his father tells him not to say anything. That's really shady of John in my opinion.

So who is Carly and why is Danny looking for her? Is Liam hiding her?
Why did Kate send that photo of Carly at the office party to Danny?
What is Neil's connection to Danny?
Where is Patrick's wife Melanie? I don't think I've seen here since the first episode.

Another good episode and still so many questions. :shock:

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:57 am

Tonight's Cornell Confidential shows Cornell speaking to a woman from the agency Kate used to put her son up for adoption. The woman says she cant help which leads Cornell to remind her that this is a murder investigation. The woman says it doesn't matter, whoever adopted Kate Warner's son and where they live is confidential and by law she cannot reveal that information.

Cornell changes her tactics and asks "how is a birth mother searching for her child typically received?"

The woman says the situation can quickly turn volatile. The adoptive parents can get possessive and territorial.

Cornell says she understands. Adoptive parents put in the time to care, love and raise the child. A birth parent (who gave up their rights) swooping in can be perceived as a threat.

The woman likens this to a custody battle, but with a grenade.

The woman asks if she can help Cornell with anything else. Cornell knows the woman can not answer her questions directly so she offer a hypothesis. And if she's wrong, the woman can just say no.

The woman assures the detective that she doesn't want to steer her in the wrong direction.

"The parents who adopted Kate Warner's son, had a problem with her reaching out for him-" Cornell says.

The woman, looking a bit uncomfortable, hesitantly says "Not the adoptive father."

Cornell, a few seconds later, thanks the woman for her time and the woman leaves.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:12 am

I was wondering how dumb can Eric be to go anywhere near Liam?
He searches for him on his own (which invites all sorts of trouble),
He comes across Danny (again) as he interrogates some girl,
He’s driving Danny to a concert to look for Liam.
Liam gets arrested (how did Cornell know where he was?) then Danny talks Eric into posting bail for him.
All of that and he didn’t even know Danny’s name!

I’m glad they found Liam or whoever he is. I’m not sure of him being hired is really as simple as Kate just wanting to give someone a chance (because he was from her home town) but she did say she used to get into trouble and was able to change her life around.

Eric asked Liam if he was Kate’s son. Eric pointed out that Liam’s long pause meant he was thinking about which way to answer and how it would benefit him. Eventually, Liam said he was not Kates son and he didn’t even know she had one. Eric tells him he bought him a bus ticket and Liam thanks him. Then Eric makes a call, and says he found Liam and believes he’s a flight risk since he also found him with a bus ticket. They (I assume the police) should come pick him up.

Patrick’s wife Melanie finally makes an appearance and it was only to show us that she and Patrick were about to have a little marital fun.

In a flashback we see Patrick drunk at the office party. After Kate tells the bartender to cut him off, Patrick gets mad and tells her she’d better watch herself, she could get hurt. So sweet mannered Patrick has a dark side after all.

I’ve been suspicious of Neil from the beginning and tonight we find out that Kate was too after finding a suspicious bank statement. Neil is celebrating at a bar by himself after he closes a deal and Eric invites him back to his apartment to hear all about it. Unbeknownst to him, Eric also invites Danny to join them. After some aggressive persuasion from Danny, Neil admits he was with Carly and that she is a call girl he’s been with a few times. She and Rachael came to the party together but Carly was there for Neil only.

There’s a knock at Eric's door and it’s Cornell. Danny opens the door and greets her as “Detective” and she responds with “Detective” as she walk past him.

So, Danny is a detective???? Wow! I thought he may have been a P.I.
Is Rachael really Danny’s daughter? Is she a call girl too?

It turns out Cornell is the one who gave the Prosecutor the evidence to clear Ben Crawford (Season 1) of murdering his son Tom Murphy. Obviously, this evidence arrived too late as Tom was murdered in prison. So, although she got the evidence to clear him, did they actually arrest the real killer? Tom’s youngest daughter Abby?

Major Bryant reminds Cornell that the prosecutors thinks she made a fool of them and her colleagues don’t like her because she is responsible for Detective Dale(?) being killed. I don’t know who Dale is. If anyone else does, please remind me.

Any thoughts on why Amanda and her husband separated? Does anybody think Patrick had anything to do with Kate's death? Is Liam lying about being Kate's son?

Return to “Primetime television”