HTGAWM

Discuss all your favorite television shows here, primetime, daytime, Netflix...
d00l1fan

Re: HTGAWM

Postby d00l1fan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:24 pm

How to get away with Murder – Season 4 – Episode 5 “I Love her”

We get to see where it all started between Julie/Mae aka Bonnie/Annalise. Many years ago, Annalise was representing a councilman who had been accused of raping…Bonnie. Bonnie’s father used to work at city hall as a janitor and let the councilman rape Bonnie in the basement office.
Annalise is under pressure to destroy Bonnie’s credibility on the witness stand. If she wins the case, she’ll get a shot at making partner at the firm. Annalise has misgivings because she feels for Bonnie and relates to her abuse.

Bonnie reveals that she was abused by dozens of men, including her father. She even got pregnant at 15. That’s when all the abuse stopped. When Annalise asks what happened to the baby, Bonnie says she doesn’t know. She passed out during labor and when she woke, her father said the baby had died. As the trial goes on, Bonnie’s past abuses and experiences mirror Annalise’s. Annalise goes on to win her case but then she quits her job. She feels extremely guilty about what’s happened and after talking to Sam (Yes, he makes an appearance) she goes on to help Bonnie.

I can’t help but wonder if Bonnie’s child is alive. Did she ask her father for proof that the baby had died? She said she didn’t know who the father was since she was being abused by many men. Why didn’t she get an abortion? I would think that these disgusting men (including her sick demented father) would get rid of any evidence of abuse.

Connor is spiraling out of control right now. He quit school, he’s angry at his father, he has no job, he’s online making dates again and drinking too much. While Michaela is utilizing Oliver’s blackhat skills, Conner makes a date on an app after being disappointed that Oliver won’t make it home to the dinner he made. Surprisingly, he doesn’t keep that date and shows up Annalise’s apartment instead.

Conner is distressed. He says they’ve “done bad things”. He rattles off a list of those bad deeds including Sam’s bloody head and Wes in the basement. Annalise tells him he’s stronger than he thinks and coming there instead of going to that Humpr date proves that.

Nate warns Annalise that Bonnie is on to her and instead of her bribing guards to get in to see potential clients, for a class action lawsuit, she needs to do things the right way before she’s disbarred. He also tells her that there is someone who would be right for her but won’t give her the name until she’s on the up and up.

I thought Nate didn’t care anymore. But he proved he does by lying to Bonnie and giving Annalise a heads up. Okay Nate, you’re officially off my piss list this week.

Horny-toad Laurel was angry with Frank for repeatedly asking her if he may be the father of her baby. Was she guessing all this time? In next week’s preview (which promised to reveal all…or most of it) she will get a paternity test.

Thanks Laurel for getting my hopes up that Annalise may have a grandchild on the way which now appears to be in jeopardy. Yes, I still think Wes is Annalise’s son.

During Bonnie’s testimony, she revealed that she has a sister. In present time I don’t know if “has” has changed to “had”. Nevertheless, where is she?

Michaela and Oliver break into the Caplan & Gold database and under the Antares files (Laurel’s father’s company), they find a cease and desist order for Trent Stockton a week before he died.

While Asher is helping Frank with his LSAT and still reeling from not having landed an internship, Frank insinuated that Michaela’s “working late” excuses are indicative of her having a lover which pisses Asher off. We later see Asher in his car, calling Michaela, and her lying to him by saying she is working late, again, at the office. Asher has a clear view of her on the phone (at what I think is Wes’ apartment with Laurel and Oliver). From Asher’s vantage point, I don’t believe he sees Laurel and Oliver.

Throughout the episode, we see Bonnie (Julie) in Dr. Issacs office for an impromptu session. She just had a confrontation with Annalise (Mae) after Annalise found out she got a hold of her clients for the class action lawsuit and offered them a better deal to turn down Annalise’s help.

Annalise, who earlier celebrated that she was closer to her goal for signatures, thanks to Claudia (the female Rocky who beat up Annalise last season), was genuinely happy that she was getting somewhere and doing something good. Even if it is self-serving.

Annalise, who is angry, confronts Bonnie in a parking lot garage. She says she was trying to do something good. None of this was about them. Bonnie tells her everything she’s done for her is out of guilt. That’s why she took in the poor, abused, trashy girl who was nothing. After everything they’ve been through, Annalise just threw her away. Annalise counters that Bonnie didn’t need her and that she never saw her as trash. And she never thought she was nothing.

Back at Dr. Issacs, a tearful Bonnie admits that she misses “Mae”, their family and their house. Mae hurt her a lot and she wants to believe “Mae” has changed and wants to help others by taking on a class action lawsuit.

Saying this triggers Dr. Issacs. He recalls his talks with Annalise, her abuse, cutting people out of her life and the lawsuit. He's stunned as he realizes that “Julie” is actually Bonnie. And “Mae” is Annalise.

Now we’re back at Caplan & Gold where a bloody scene is unfolding. Bonnie asks an officer where the suspect is in which he replies, “Jail”. Someone is sobbing uncontrollably in a jail cell. And it turns out to be…….Asher!!!!!

I don’t want to believe Asher killed anyone although we saw what he did to his father’s body. Who is he being accused of murdering anyway?

My-rewards-come-in-Louboutin-boxes-Teagan?

Annoying-as-hell-Simon?

I won’t even consider it’s I-wish-I-were-dead-Connor.

Any thoughts??

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 am

Hello everyone, I’ll do a full recap after the winter finale on 11/16/2017. Otherwise, here are a few questions I hope they answer.

~Where is Laurel’s baby?

~Is he alive?

~Did Jorge (Laurel’s father) have anything done to the baby?

~Who’s the father? (I’ve thought all this time is was Wes’ until Laurel stutter-stepped with Frank a few episodes ago.)

~Why is Isaac at the hospital?

~Is Bonnie still team Annalise? Last week, Annalise gained a major victory. It seems in part due to Bonnie! Bonnie offered to help the Attorney General prove that Annalise was unfit to oversee the class action lawsuit by getting Dr. Roa on the stand. (What heck Bonnie?) But Isaac’s testimony worked in Annalise’s favor. Bonnie seemed happy about this outcome. (Are you confused? So am I.)

Nate and Annalise Redux? (Looks like something is-a-brewing.)

Is anyone else suspicious of Jacqueline? (Isaac’s ex-wife)

Why did their daughter commit suicide?

Throughout the season, we end with something horrible happening at Caplan & Gold. Now we know it had to be during the office party. Almost everyone is accounted for in the flashbacks.

Laurel is in the hospital.
Frank is at the hospital.
Dr. Roa (Isaac) is at the hospital.
Michaela is at the hospital.
Oliver is at Caplan & Gold.
Bonnie is at Caplan & Gold.
Asher is in jail.
I don't remember if I saw Nate anywhere.
Annalise is bleeding in the shower.

So whose blood is it on the glass doors at Caplan & Gold? (We can pretty much say that things did not go according to plan.)

Is it Simon? A victim of Laurel’s plot to get daddy and the scheme to set him up as the one who steals Teagan’s key-card to get into the Antares files.

Is it Teagan? She’s cutthroat. Heaven help those who’ll jeopardize her job, her promotion and her payday.

*Sigh* Conner. Where are you? I did not see Conner.
Did he find out what Oliver and the rest of the gang were up to?

Asher’s in jail. We don’t know why just yet. But…Connor and Asher have fought before.
Did these two come to blows once again?

Why was Wes murdered?

Did Jorge intend for Wes to die or did Dominic kill the wrong person?

If so, who was the intended victim?

Last but not least, after numerous arguments with fellow fans, I need one particular questioned answered. I’ve speculated about this since season 1. I became convinced about this in season 3. Now I just need the confirmation (which is taking too darn long) from TPTB = the powers that be.

Is. Annalise. Wes’. Mother???

Sorry if I missed anything… See ya soon. :)

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:00 pm

How To Get Away With Murder – Season 4 – Episode 8 – “Live, Live, Live”

The Winter Finale

Part 1-

We are at the office party at Caplan & Gold. Oliver receives a phone call and in a panic, he rushes through the crowd of co-workers, hops on the elevator to get to an office where Asher, Michaela and Laurel are waiting. He tells them that there’s a problem. Annalise knows everything. When no one reacts, he notices something on Laurel’s face, then he sees Michaela, blood spattered and shaking. As he gets closer, he looks down and starts screaming “Oh my God!!”.

Rewind. 24 hours prior to that, Connor and Oliver are heading to Laurel’s apartment. Connor is pissed. He now knows what everyone has been up to. Oliver tries to defend how he wasn’t bullied into going along with the plan. Before going into the apartment, Connor asks Oliver for his ring back. He gave it to him when he thought they were in a good place. When Laurel opens the door, Michaela wants to explain. Once inside, Connor asks if they are going to tie him up like they did Rebecca. Laurel says she hopes it doesn’t come to that.

When Annalise returns home, she finds Bonnie waiting at her door. Bonnie wants to tell her about what she did with Isaac, but Annalise tells her she already knows about it. The scene jumps back and forth from this to Isaac confronting his ex-wife Jacqueline about interfering with his patients.

Bonnie understands that what she did was part of their cycle of hurting each other because they love each other. Isaac lays into his ex-wife about how her interference could impede Annalise’s sobriety but Jacqueline is more concerned about his. Isaac says he hadn’t thought about using until that very moment. Bonnie tells Annalise it was her who got the Attorney General to put Isaac on the stand and it helped Annalise win.

Isaac thinks his ex may still be in love with him, which she firmly denies. Annalise just wants to be done with B0nnie. She says she’s afraid of Bonnie and the sick things she does. Jacqueline points out how disturbing it is that Isaac is so close to Annalise. Annalise tells Bonnie to go, one last time before she calls 911. Bonnie quips that Annalise will need her again someday, before she finally walks away.

We’re back at Laurels apartment and Connor threatens to tell Annalise what they’re all up to. He wants to protect them and doesn’t understand how Laurel could put her unborn baby in harm’s way. They continue to argue about framing Simon and going after Antares. Frank wants Connor to leave Annalise out of this, but Connor argues that he is nothing more than a momma’s boy who traded in one mommy (Annalise) for another (Laurel). Frank loses it and slams Connor against the door, choking him.

They get Frank to let go and Laurel reminds Connor of what he went through when he tried to save Wes, he accidentally broke his ribs in doing so. Jorge is the reason and now Connor has a chance to help put him behind bars by saying nothing. None of them are safe until they get Jorge. Annalise calls Connor back and he makes up some excuse for why he left her a message earlier. Everyone is relieved.

Back at Caplan & Gold, Tegan is nervous about the speech she has to give. After some friendly banter with Michaela and Asher (and their fake smiles), Michaela offers to hold her clutch purse but Tegan quickly points out the famous designer who made it and she’ll hold her own purse.

Connor tells Oliver they should call the whole thing off. Exasperated, Oliver doesn’t want to hear it. Connor dares him to scold him since he is the one who’s been lying for weeks. Oliver says Connor has been lying too. Connor counters that he only wanted to protect Oliver from the things his father said. Oliver says he did too. Simon walks up and not knowing what the two are arguing about, decides he’s on Team-Oliver for the hell of it. Simon goes onto make some snarky remark about Connor being around successful people and not being one himself.

Laurel is impatiently waiting in her apartment. Frank breaks into Simon’s apartment to plant evidence (the Antares files) on his computer and Annalise is at home, trying to work but is distracted and replaying her conversation with Bonnie, Isaac and Jacqueline. Laurel is now replaying Connor’s warning about her baby and being safe and Michaela’s angry words about whose fault it is on why Wes died. The playback is interrupted when Laurel’s phone rings. It’s an unknown caller.

Bonnie, upset, shows up at Nate’s with a bottle of wine to have their version of AA (Annalise Anonymous). While Isaac apologizes to Annalise and understands if she reports him, she assures him she won’t. She realizes how much he’d lose. She wants to continue her therapy sessions with him.

Simon has caught up with Oliver (coming out of the bathroom) and says he’s sorry for the dust-up with Connor earlier. He’s jealous of Connor, the privileged, boarding school gay guy who has everything but doesn’t deserve it, including Oliver. Oliver thinks Simon may be drunk. He says he’s not, he’s just sharing what he feels. Oliver then asks Simon if he’s gay. Simon says he doesn’t know but he likes Oliver a lot.

Feeling guilty, Oliver tells Connor, Asher and Michaela that they should call things off. Connor and Asher agree but Michaela reminds them that not only did Simon put up posters of Annalise all over campus, he taunts them daily, so no one is walking away. Laurel walks up and they all sigh. She had a feeling they would bail but she won’t let them. Wes never did.

Back in Isaac’s office, he tells Annalise that he can’t be her therapist moving forward. She asks why and lists off the possibilities. He says the fact that she knows personal details about his life is a major reason. Unwilling to accept his answer, she demands to know who can help her, if it’s not him. She says he helps her. As he walks toward her, her phone rings. She answers it outside in the hallway. It’s Connor. He tells her that Laurel’s father killed Wes and something is going down at Caplan and Gold. Annalise is stunned.

Bonnie offers Nate another glass of wine, he declines. She tells him that Frank is avoiding her. She wouldn’t be there if she had other friends. She also hasn’t told Frank about Isaac. Nate says all that matters is that she told Annalise. Bonnie, puzzled, asserts that he told her. Nate doesn’t know what she’s talking about. He assures her it wasn’t him. Bonnie, tearfully, wants to know how he got over Annalise. He states that when he does, he’ll let her know.

Tegan is about to give her speech. Before she does, Michaela advises her not to do so while holding her purse and citing that no male partner ever did. Reluctantly, Tegan hands it over and threatens to come after her if she loses it.

Michaela, discreetly, hands Asher Tegan’s keycard. They set their cellphone timers for 5 minutes. Asher quickly takes the card to Oliver and Laurel, then stands guard once they are in the computer room. Michaela nervously waits, checking her phone when Simon comes up beside her, asking what’s up? He knows something’s going on because when she’s nervous, she’s all teeth. As the clock ticks down, Oliver encounters a problem. The Antares files are split between multiple servers. They’ll have to download each of them.

With about a minute left, Michaela can no longer wait and leaves the party to find everyone. Oliver and Laurel exit the computer room and want to get the keycard back to Michaela. Asher says they need to plant it on Simon. Since Simon’s half-ass declaration earlier, Oliver should be the one to do it.
Oliver doesn’t want to deviate from the original plan but reluctantly gives in.

Laurel and Asher are on their way out when she receives a call from Annalise. While Oliver is looking for Simon, Connor calls, wondering where he is. He’s still at the party somewhere. Connor drops the bombshell that he told Annalise what was happening.

Annalise leaves a voicemail for Laurel. Isaac checks to see if everything is okay. She has to leave and does. We segue into an earlier scene of Oliver rushing to the elevator, finding Asher, Laurel and Michaela with blood on them. Oliver sees someone on the floor and screams “Oh my God!”

It’s Simon, lying in a pool of blood.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 pm

The Winter Finale

Part 2-

Rewind. We’re back at the point of finding out what happened to Simon. Laurel didn’t answer her phone when Annalise called because Michaela walks in asking what’s taking so long. After asking where Oliver is and what he should be doing, they argue about the change of plans to plant the keycard on Simon. Simon overhears this and wants to know what are they trying to plant on him.

Simon threatens to tell Tegan if they don’t tell him what’s going on. Laurel offers to pay him. She keeps upping the price when Simon notices her clutching her bag. He wants to know what’s in it and lunges for it. They tussle as Simon yanks the bag from them. He pulls a gun from Laurel’s bag to the shock of Michaela and Asher. Simon wonders why she would bring a gun into the workplace. Laurel approaches, wanting to explain but Simon backs away, waving the gun and warning them to stay away from him.

Michaela yells at him for pointing a gun at a pregnant woman and begs him to put the gun down as she approaches him. He says he won’t shoot anybody and continues to back away, eventually tripping over an office chair as the gun goes off, striking him in the head. Blood splatters all over Michaela as they gasp, in shock, at the scene.

Asher picks up the gun as Laurel and Michaela scream for him not to. Unbeknownst to him, the gun isn’t registered. He doesn’t think anyone will believe that Simon shot himself. There is where Oliver walks in.

Connor is still at the party trying to reach Oliver. Tegan has just wrapped up her speech. Oliver starts CPR and tells them to call 911. Michaela tells Laurel to leave, taking the hard drive with her, before her dad finds out she was there. She’ll handle things there. Shaken, Laurel exits.

Michaela takes the keycard from Oliver and plants it on Simon. She gets the gun from Asher, wipes it down and places it next to Simon. Frank, walking through a parking lot, receives a call from Annalise asking how he could be so stupid and that Connor told her everything. He tries to explain that he didn’t want her to be involved as a way of protecting her.

She’s on her way to her apartment and steps on a spot of blood as she gets on the elevator. Still talking to Frank, she’s baffled at how he could put another pregnant woman in danger. Frank, thinking that laurel is safe at home, finds out that she showed up at the party. Annalise tells him to go get her out of there before anything happens.

Back at Caplan & Gold, Michaela slowly emerges from the elevator covered in blood. She passes by Connor and other party goers. She screams for help. Asher is on the phone with 911, detailing the circumstances. Michaela whispers to Connor that Simon is dead and he needs to go to Laurel’s apartment. When he runs off, Tegan asks Michaela what happened. She pretends to stammer and hyperventilate. Tegan tells her to take deep breathes to calm down.

Annalise reaches her door and just before waking in, she hears a woman moaning and groaning.

Rewind. After Laurel leaves the office, she gets into a taxi, heading for home. She sees that Annalise left her a voicemail. She checks it. Annalise is telling her to leave the party and come to her hotel. She’ll help Laurel in any way she can if Laurel will trust her. Laurel then tells the driver to take her to Annalise’s hotel.

Once there, she starts to bleed. She notices this as the elevator is moving. She reaches down to check herself. Her hands are covered in blood.

Rewind. When Frank and Connor had their scuffle at the apartment, Laurel was trying to help break it up. In the melee, she was hit in the stomach.

She reaches Annalise’s floor and can’t get out. The doors won’t open. She writhes in pain as panic starts to set in. She lowers herself to the floor and finds her cell phone has no service. She screams for help as more blood starts to flow.

Franks is in his car calling Laurel. It goes to voicemail. Laurel loses consciousness as Annalise calls out to her. She grabs a butcher knife from her apartment and tries to wedge the elevator door open. She tells Laurel that the police are on their way as she works on the elevator door. She gets the door open and sees Laurel lying in blood, unconscious. The scissor gate is stuck so Annalise frantically shakes Laurel’s leg to get her to wake up.

Then, she sees the baby.

d00l1fan

Postby d00l1fan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:17 pm

The Winter Finale

Part 3-

We see Frank driving past Caplan & Gold when he sees the police there. Annalise has 911 on the phone asking her if the baby is breathing. She can’t reach him and yells for the paramedics, who are on their way. She grabs hold of the belt of Laurel’s coat and pulls it.

Simon is on the operating table. Michaela watches Tegan speak with a detective. A different detective, Detective Fisher, wants to ask Asher about what he witnessed. Annalise is able to pull Laurel close enough to get the baby. The 911 operator instructs her to tie off the umbilical cord. She does with her cellphone charger cord.

On the operating table, Simon’s vitals are weakening. Annalise tells the operator that the baby isn’t breathing. The operator will help her perform CPR. Connor calls Michaela, who is waiting to speak to detectives, and tells her Laurel isn’t at her apartment. They are both confused.

Annalise is still trying to get to the baby. Michaela tells Connor they are arresting Asher. At the top of the stairs, in front of Laurels apartment, Connor goes on about warning them that this was going to happen and how they never learn a lesson yet expect to get away with things. Unbeknownst to him, Dominic is at the bottom of the stairs, listening.

Rewind. We see the moment when Wes asks Dominic why he’s doing this, killing him.

Dominic is still listening while Connor is still talking, saying Simon is dead and Laurel probably drove off a bridge, making all of this for nothing. The 911 operator asks Annalise how she’s doing as she carefully pulls the tiny baby through the gate. Taking deep breathes of relief, she lays the baby on her chest. The operator tells her she has to start CPR now. She gently lays the baby on the floor and follows the operator’s instructions.

Doctors start CPR on Simon. Annalise continues applying pressure to the baby’s chest. His lips are blue. She fears that it’s not working and yells at the operator who tells her to keep going. The doctors use shock paddles on Simon who is flatlining. Laurel is still unconscious, Annalise is crying as she can’t get the baby to breathe. Through her tears, she begs the baby to live. Live. Live.

We hear a baby crying.

How To Get Away With Murder returns January 18th, 2018. :D

Return to “Primetime television”