Elena human again?

aerinha

Elena human again?

Postby aerinha » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:03 pm

It seems like a lot of people take it as a given that Elena will be human again.

On one hand I don't see the writers making it that simple. It was pretty lame to make her a vampire and four eps into it say there was a cure. I mean what was the point of turning her if you were going to undo it the same season?

Yes, book Elena dies as a vampire, comes back as a dream ghost And then returns to life as an angel, but that was because fans hated how the original trilogy ended so they had to fix it.

I can't shake the feeling that there is no cure, there is a big consequence to using it and / or it can only be used once so that Elena gives her chance to another, has to see it used in an enemy or something.

On the other hand, the show often does things that go nowhere like Mikael, Caroline's dad, that kid Bnnies mom raised. It would fit for them to make Elena human again having done nothing of interest with her as a vampire.

For me, I want her to chose to remain a vampire. To realize it gives her strength, that turning human won't undo what she has done as a vampire and that it is selfish to say she loves an immortal man and then say she wants the life where she dies and leaves him. I doubt I'll get that because that shows more self knowledge and strength than their female characters have, but I still want her to remain a vampire.

Do you want her to remain a vampire now that the whining stopped?

Do you think she will get to be human again? If so, is that lame since she just became a vampire?

stjarna

Re: Elena human again?

Postby stjarna » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:05 am

I would like her to be human again. Whether it is with a cure thing or something completely different.

Too many vampires imo, and we already have Katerina as a vamp- like her!

There is no human-vampire dynamic and it is all sort of deflated therefore. Caroline is a vamp, Tyler is a hybrid... it's only Matt who is human, but he is not a mani charachter really... So it's getting boring,imo.
Need to have a human-vampire dynamic,imo.
Also she needn't be an ordinary human as such- as she is already a dopplegaenger, which is an unusual occurance- in the transformation into human she could get some odd changes, for example having to drink original vampire's blood (from Elijah :D),that would make her become a new magical creature...

It,s not lame to put her back as human, imo.
The lame thing is that she became a vampire- I did not like it.

They should have let Bonnie get her spirit in the beginning of season 4.
And they should now detour completely from the books, imo, and do their own story as it unfolds. Also have to say that the writing team is not strong (I'm thinking and comparing to Buffy writing team)and you can see how some characters are left behind and worked in the story- TVD could be so much better - still lacks something- I like it, but doesn't capture me completely.

:D :)

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Quote aerinha: It seems like a lot of people take it as a given that Elena will be human again.

On one hand I don't see the writers making it that simple. It was pretty lame to make her a vampire and four eps into it say there was a cure. I mean what was the point of turning her if you were going to undo it the same season?

Yes, book Elena dies as a vampire, comes back as a dream ghost And then returns to life as an angel, but that was because fans hated how the original trilogy ended so they had to fix it.

I can't shake the feeling that there is no cure, there is a big consequence to using it and / or it can only be used once so that Elena gives her chance to another, has to see it used in an enemy or something.

On the other hand, the show often does things that go nowhere like Mikael, Caroline's dad, that kid Bnnies mom raised. It would fit for them to make Elena human again having done nothing of interest with her as a vampire.

For me, I want her to chose to remain a vampire. To realize it gives her strength, that turning human won't undo what she has done as a vampire and that it is selfish to say she loves an immortal man and then say she wants the life where she dies and leaves him. I doubt I'll get that because that shows more self knowledge and strength than their female characters have, but I still want her to remain a vampire.

Do you think she will get to be human again? If so, is that lame since she just became a vampire?

If Elena stays a vampire, will her own brother try and kill her?

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Quote stjarna: I would like her to be human again. Whether it is with a cure thing or something completely different.

Too many vampires imo, and we already have Katerina as a vamp- like her!

There is no human-vampire dynamic and it is all sort of deflated therefore. Caroline is a vamp, Tyler is a hybrid... it's only Matt who is human, but he is not a mani charachter really... So it's getting boring,imo.
Need to have a human-vampire dynamic,imo.
Also she needn't be an ordinary human as such- as she is already a dopplegaenger, which is an unusual occurance- in the transformation into human she could get some odd changes, for example having to drink original vampire's blood (from Elijah :D),that would make her become a new magical creature...

It,s not lame to put her back as human, imo.
The lame thing is that she became a vampire- I did not like it.

They should have let Bonnie get her spirit in the beginning of season 4.
And they should now detour completely from the books, imo, and do their own story as it unfolds. Also have to say that the writing team is not strong (I'm thinking and comparing to Buffy writing team)and you can see how some characters are left behind and worked in the story- TVD could be so much better - still lacks something- I like it, but doesn't capture me completely.

:D :)

:D

aerinha

Postby aerinha » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:00 pm

I think they are done with Jer wanting to kill Elena after his brainwashing session with Shane. He seemed to be ok with the home team vampires afterwards too.

Maybe the cure will make him normal again.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:07 am

Quote aerinha: I think they are done with Jer wanting to kill Elena after his brainwashing session with Shane. He seemed to be ok with the home team vampires afterwards too.

Maybe the cure will make him normal again.

I hope so.....

Happy Holidays, aerinha :)

XPac

Postby XPac » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Quote aerinha: It seems like a lot of people take it as a given that Elena will be human again.

I think they have to eventually cure Elena simply because they need to get rid of the whole sire bond thing.

Her being a vamp isn't that huge a problem, but her being sired in the long run kind of is.

aerinha

Postby aerinha » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Happ belated holidays to you too SHaron N Nick. :)

@Xpac, Nandi said the expression could break the sire bond, Bonnie is learning expression. She could break the bond and leave Elena a vampire.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Quote aerinha: Happ belated holidays to you too SHaron N Nick. :)

@Xpac, Nandi said the expression could break the sire bond, Bonnie is learning expression. She could break the bond and leave Elena a vampire.

:)

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Quote XPac:

I think they have to eventually cure Elena simply because they need to get rid of the whole sire bond thing.

Her being a vamp isn't that huge a problem, but her being sired in the long run kind of is.

I get what your saying.....

I don't think Elena will stay a vampire but they can revisit the vampire thing at a later date.

Return to “Vampire Diaries”