Spoiler Talk: Greater Evil coming to Mystic Falls

Mystic Falls chat room where you can find links to current spoilers for Vampire Diaries and The Originals.
aerinha

Re: Spoiler Talk: Greater Evil coming to Mystic Falls

Postby aerinha » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:28 pm

Quote XPac:
Quote aerinha:
Quote XPac:
Quote aerinha: I saw Klaus as the screw up brother aka Damon and Elijah as the trusted one like Stefan just based on how Esther and Mikael treated them.

I would love to see them show them with Tatia in the past.

I don't think she ever chose. They said she refused to and then Esther killed her to make them vampires.

Maybe that's foreshadowing for what will happen with Elena and the Salvatores.

Though in her case I suppose it's different... rather than not choosing, she's opting for choosing both at different times.

Maybe Tatia had the right of it. She never chose because she knew they'd never let her choose and then Esther ended it.

I mean, Elena picked Stefan, but Damon didn't stop coming for her. Now she has picked Damon and we'll soon see if Stefan stops coming for her. No matter who she is with, I suspect the other brother won't let it rest.

In the end the only choice would be both (ok, in an HBO sense of both would be great :D *) but I suspect it will be a her dying for them way) or neither (but then she'd have to find a way to escape them). Isobel did say she was doomed so long as she had a Salvatorre on each arm.

Damon certainly did make a move or two on Elena while they were together, but in Damons defense once they asked her to REALLY make a choice I don't think Damon really did anything until after Stefan and Elena broke up.

Damon did allow Elena to feed on him,which to vamps was an intimate thing... but you can excuse that as being practical since she needed to feed.

Truthfully though I think this will always be an issue as long as Elena is in danger of something killing her, because they essentially both need to be there to protect her. There's no real option for either to completely get out of her life.

They said being a vampire would allow Elena to use the training Ric gave her so she could take care of herself, but they seem to want to keep her the damsel in distress.

I don't get why Stefan will remain in school now that they broke up. He was only there to be in her world.

XPac

Postby XPac » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Quote aerinha:
Quote XPac:
Quote aerinha:
Quote XPac:
Quote aerinha: I saw Klaus as the screw up brother aka Damon and Elijah as the trusted one like Stefan just based on how Esther and Mikael treated them.

I don't think she ever chose. They said she refused to and then Esther killed her to make them vampires.

Though in her case I suppose it's different... rather than not choosing, she's opting for choosing both at different times.

Maybe Tatia had the right of it. She never chose because she knew they'd never let her choose and then Esther ended it.

I mean, Elena picked Stefan, but Damon didn't stop coming for her. Now she has picked Damon and we'll soon see if Stefan stops coming for her. No matter who she is with, I suspect the other brother won't let it rest.

In the end the only choice would be both (ok, in an HBO sense of both would be great :D *) but I suspect it will be a her dying for them way) or neither (but then she'd have to find a way to escape them). Isobel did say she was doomed so long as she had a Salvatorre on each arm.

Damon certainly did make a move or two on Elena while they were together, but in Damons defense once they asked her to REALLY make a choice I don't think Damon really did anything until after Stefan and Elena broke up.

Damon did allow Elena to feed on him,which to vamps was an intimate thing... but you can excuse that as being practical since she needed to feed.

Truthfully though I think this will always be an issue as long as Elena is in danger of something killing her, because they essentially both need to be there to protect her. There's no real option for either to completely get out of her life.

They said being a vampire would allow Elena to use the training Ric gave her so she could take care of herself, but they seem to want to keep her the damsel in distress.

I don't get why Stefan will remain in school now that they broke up. He was only there to be in her world.

Stefan was technically going to high school before he dated Elena.

I guess when you're eternally a teenager, you sort of have to go to high school as your cover. It's sort of easy to forget that, since he frankly looks like he's in his late twenties. But if he's supposed to be like 17 or whatever, it probably can look susicious if he's not in school.

Also, all his friends go. Unlike Damon, who befriended mostly adults (Rick, Meredith, the Sherif), pretty much all of Stefans buds are going to high school too.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Quote XPac:
Quote aerinha:
Quote XPac:
Quote aerinha:
Quote XPac:

Stefan was technically going to high school before he dated Elena.

I guess when you're eternally a teenager, you sort of have to go to high school as your cover. It's sort of easy to forget that, since he frankly looks like he's in his late twenties. But if he's supposed to be like 17 or whatever, it probably can look susicious if he's not in school.

Also, all his friends go. Unlike Damon, who befriended mostly adults (Rick, Meredith, the Sherif), pretty much all of Stefans buds are going to high school too.

I think it gives him something to do.

and be close to Elena.....

aerinha

Postby aerinha » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:11 pm

I thought in ep one they showed him compelling his enrollment?

They don't use the high school, they should send all the now parentless kids off to college

XPac

Postby XPac » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Quote aerinha: I thought in ep one they showed him compelling his enrollment?

They don't use the high school, they should send all the now parentless kids off to college

Yeah, unlike some shows I really don't think the high school setting is important at all.

It's not Buffy, where they used the super natural stuff as metaphors for stuff teenagers deal with in real life. On this show, the only purpose of the high school setting is really so something bad can happen at a school dance.

Frankly I think they probably could have gotten away with graduating them a lot sooner. Though seeing as how much school some of them have missed, it makes you wonder how any of them can graduate.

aerinha

Postby aerinha » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:25 am

On one hand I wish they used the high school more. On the other, teen shows that do high school well (Buffy, Dawson) usually don't move on to college well because there is no reason for the people to still be together.

Buffy kept the gang mostly in tact and lost Xander to the background because he wasn't a college guy. Dawson sent Dawson off the LA for film school and then lost him from his ownshow because everyone else wound up in Boston or wherever. The only show that seemed to jump that hurdle is Glee that stayed in high school, but followed the main 3 afterward.

Assuming Diaries plans to take them beyond high school, at least we won't be longing for the school days because there never were any.

School didn't play a big role in the books either. Although the first few eps of season one focused a bit more on school life. I guess they decided to go another direction.

XPac

Postby XPac » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:35 am

Quote aerinha: On one hand I wish they used the high school more. On the other, teen shows that do high school well (Buffy, Dawson) usually don't move on to college well because there is no reason for the people to still be together.

Buffy kept the gang mostly in tact and lost Xander to the background because he wasn't a college guy. Dawson sent Dawson off the LA for film school and then lost him from his ownshow because everyone else wound up in Boston or wherever. The only show that seemed to jump that hurdle is Glee that stayed in high school, but followed the main 3 afterward.

Assuming Diaries plans to take them beyond high school, at least we won't be longing for the school days because there never were any.

School didn't play a big role in the books either. Although the first few eps of season one focused a bit more on school life. I guess they decided to go another direction.

Unlike a show like Dawsons Creek, I do think this show has a very organic reason for everyone to stay together... survival.

I think they can all justify staying together so they can watch each others backs. The one big exception is probably Matt, who can honestly be written off at anytime.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Quote XPac:
Quote aerinha: On one hand I wish they used the high school more. On the other, teen shows that do high school well (Buffy, Dawson) usually don't move on to college well because there is no reason for the people to still be together.

Unlike a show like Dawsons Creek, I do think this show has a very organic reason for everyone to stay together... survival.

I think they can all justify staying together so they can watch each others backs. The one big exception is probably Matt, who can honestly be written off at anytime.

I think Matt is very important he is the only human element they have.

Return to “Vampire Diaries”