Ugh, Elena...venting

Mystic Falls chat room where you can find links to current spoilers for Vampire Diaries and The Originals.
stjarna

Re: Ugh, Elena...venting

Postby stjarna » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Ugh, Elena!!!
Need to vent-lol

Seriously, Elena- you still expect that Stefan does everything for you! I was so mad at her- she was, imo, so patronizing with Stefn, Rebekah tried to kill you- well, no surprise there when she went on that he is hurt... yes, Stefan is post-hurting- and he does not care- do you think that the world revolves around you Elena- NOT!
why did she apologise! that imo was so lame! You made your bed and now lie in it!!!
I know- she broke up with him!- but hey- it was like- at midday I break up with you, and in the afternoon I am with my new boyfriend!!!
Don't expect any favours from Stefan anymore!!!
I like the new dynamic!
needed to vent- she just annoyed me!

XPac

Postby XPac » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 am

Quote stjarna: Ugh, Elena!!!
Need to vent-lol

Seriously, Elena- you still expect that Stefan does everything for you! I was so mad at her- she was, imo, so patronizing with Stefn, Rebekah tried to kill you- well, no surprise there when she went on that he is hurt... yes, Stefan is post-hurting- and he does not care- do you think that the world revolves around you Elena- NOT!
why did she apologise! that imo was so lame! You made your bed and now lie in it!!!
I know- she broke up with him!- but hey- it was like- at midday I break up with you, and in the afternoon I am with my new boyfriend!!!
I like the new dynamic!

I do think it's a bit egotistical for Elena to just assume that when Stefan paired up with Rebekah, it was just about getting back at her. And she said the same thing to Damon when he did the same thing last season.

It is a big egotistical to think that everything revolves around her. But in her defense... she's KIND OF right. Everything does kind of revolve around her.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:05 am

Quote XPac:
Need to vent-lol

I like the new dynamic!

I do think it's a bit egotistical for Elena to just assume that when Stefan paired up with Rebekah, it was just about getting back at her. And she said the same thing to Damon when he did the same thing last season.

It is a big egotistical to think that everything revolves around her. But in her defense... she's KIND OF right. Everything does kind of revolve around her.

It kind of does..... :)

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:55 am

Need to vent-lol

I like the new dynamic!

I get what your saying stjarna.....

She does expect Stefan to.....put her first, jump when she calls, act like he loves her, because that's all she knows from him.

But Elena has to realize that things have changed.

I guess in time she will.

aerinha

Postby aerinha » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 am

In this case I'm going to defend Elena.

Damon did sleep with Rebekah to hurt her. Stefan called him on it last year and the writers actually said that's why he did it. So for me, though Stefan claims not, his choice of Rebekah and not some random chick at a bar to rebound with is meant to be as hurtful to Elena as Elena being with Damon is.

Elena does still care about Stefan, she said so, and he vowed over and over that he'd always love her. She wasn't off base thinking he'd give a crap or thinking she had some right to his help with Damon. Especially since Damon, wh she always rejected, always came through for her. Way to declare yourself better as the second choice Stefan.

I thought her turning up to live with them instead of going to Carolines right after they broke up was really selfish and wrong, and it was not the only way to have her and Damon wind up in bed. But she was at the house this time to see Damon and ran into Stefan. And him teaming up with Rebekah is a head scratcher, the logical choice would be to wash his hands of the whole cure thing. I too would have questioned it if I were here.

It's not like she said those things in the library on purpose to hurt him. Rebekah forced her to. And it's not like she said anything that bad. She said he had been treating her like a problem, not a girlfriend which is true. He ended it becuase he knew she had feelings for Damon. So he really shouldn't have been surprised to know she loved Damon, since he basically knew it anyway.

Stefan saying she didn't know him when he wasn't in love with her. Yes she does, he didn't love her all last season, which is what she should have said to him.

I paint Stefan as the jerk here. Especially since he suspects the sire bond maybe driving Elena in Damon's direction. It's not like he didn't see any of this coming, didn't contribute to it's coming

XPac

Postby XPac » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:34 am

Quote aerinha: In this case I'm going to defend Elena.

Damon did sleep with Rebekah to hurt her. Stefan called him on it last year and the writers actually said that's why he did it. So for me, though Stefan claims not, his choice of Rebekah and not some random chick at a bar to rebound with is meant to be as hurtful to Elena as Elena being with Damon is.

Elena does still care about Stefan, she said so, and he vowed over and over that he'd always love her. She wasn't off base thinking he'd give a crap or thinking she had some right to his help with Damon. Especially since Damon, wh she always rejected, always came through for her. Way to declare yourself better as the second choice Stefan.

I thought her turning up to live with them instead of going to Carolines right after they broke up was really selfish and wrong, and it was not the only way to have her and Damon wind up in bed. But she was at the house this time to see Damon and ran into Stefan. And him teaming up with Rebekah is a head scratcher, the logical choice would be to wash his hands of the whole cure thing. I too would have questioned it if I were here.

It's not like she said those things in the library on purpose to hurt him. Rebekah forced her to. And it's not like she said anything that bad. She said he had been treating her like a problem, not a girlfriend which is true. He ended it becuase he knew she had feelings for Damon. So he really shouldn't have been surprised to know she loved Damon, since he basically knew it anyway.

Stefan saying she didn't know him when he wasn't in love with her. Yes she does, he didn't love her all last season, which is what she should have said to him.

I paint Stefan as the jerk here. Especially since he suspects the sire bond maybe driving Elena in Damon's direction. It's not like he didn't see any of this coming, didn't contribute to it's coming

In regards to Damon sleeping with Rebekah to hurt Elena... I find that somewhat odd, since he didn't actually tell Elena that he was sleeping with her and had no way of knowing that Elena would drop by the house exactly the moment Rebekah was leaving.

If the writers flat out say he did it to hurt her then that must be the case... but to me it sounds like a stretch. It was frankly just coincidence that she even knew.

But Elena does know she's got Damon wrapped around her finger. SHe even used that to her advantage when her, Alaric and Damon were researching werewolves at the start of the second season, and flat out told him to his face she was using her feelings for him to her advantage. So yeah... she's NOT wrong. They are that whipped.

Stefan teaming with Rebekah is strange... UNLESS he's just doing it to keep an eye on her. Because his stated intent is still to cure Elena, and Klaus is your better bet for doing that. Not only because Klaus is far ahead of the game, having Jeromey and the sword, but also because Stefan knows for a fact that Klaus wanted Elena cured. Rebakah might not want that to happen if it means helping Klaus. So teaming with Rebekah at best is a risk, and at worst is just dumb. Again, unless he's just doing it to keep an eye on her.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 am

Good Post!

I'm thinking that Stefan NEVER thought that Elena would sleep with Damon. No matter how much she was sired to him.

aerinha

Postby aerinha » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Quote XPac:

In regards to Damon sleeping with Rebekah to hurt Elena... I find that somewhat odd, since he didn't actually tell Elena that he was sleeping with her and had no way of knowing that Elena would drop by the house exactly the moment Rebekah was leaving.

If the writers flat out say he did it to hurt her then that must be the case... but to me it sounds like a stretch. It was frankly just coincidence that she even knew.

But Elena does know she's got Damon wrapped around her finger. SHe even used that to her advantage when her, Alaric and Damon were researching werewolves at the start of the second season, and flat out told him to his face she was using her feelings for him to her advantage. So yeah... she's NOT wrong. They are that whipped.

Stefan teaming with Rebekah is strange... UNLESS he's just doing it to keep an eye on her. Because his stated intent is still to cure Elena, and Klaus is your better bet for doing that. Not only because Klaus is far ahead of the game, having Jeromey and the sword, but also because Stefan knows for a fact that Klaus wanted Elena cured. Rebakah might not want that to happen if it means helping Klaus. So teaming with Rebekah at best is a risk, and at worst is just dumb. Again, unless he's just doing it to keep an eye on her.

The first time Damon slept with Bex, it was after the ball when Elena said he loved her too much andit was a problem. He had to know Bex would gloat eventually. When Elena got miffed, Damon smiled to Stefan how was he to know Elena would get jealous. Stefan pointed out that with his choice of partner, how could Damon not know.

Later Julie P said this time when Damon reacted to rejection he was deliberately striking out st Elena and not the whole town. It was supposed to be a sign of his growth that he just hurt Elena and didn't kill all her friend or something ~)

Damon slept with Bex again to keep an eye on her that was why she tortured him last year, so Stefan could be doing that too.

Actually, I am not entirely sure Bex didn't compell Stefan. In Shane's office, she looked him dead in the eye and told him to stop caring and he did. They didn't show her pupil contracting which usually is how they let us know it is compulsion, but I am clear if she did or didn't. What was your take on that?

XPac

Postby XPac » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Quote aerinha:
Quote XPac:

The first time Damon slept with Bex, it was after the ball when Elena said he loved her too much andit was a problem. He had to know Bex would gloat eventually. When Elena got miffed, Damon smiled to Stefan how was he to know Elena would get jealous. Stefan pointed out that with his choice of partner, how could Damon not know.

Later Julie P said this time when Damon reacted to rejection he was deliberately striking out st Elena and not the whole town. It was supposed to be a sign of his growth that he just hurt Elena and didn't kill all her friend or something ~)

Damon slept with Bex again to keep an eye on her that was why she tortured him last year, so Stefan could be doing that too.

Actually, I am not entirely sure Bex didn't compell Stefan. In Shane's office, she looked him dead in the eye and told him to stop caring and he did. They didn't show her pupil contracting which usually is how they let us know it is compulsion, but I am clear if she did or didn't. What was your take on that?

I don't think he was compelled to not care, because he seemed to care.

He SAID he didn't... but despite the words coming out of his mouth, I think he still acted like his feelings were hurt both to Damon and Elena.

You don't go out of your way to say over and over again that you don't care unless you DO care and are trying desperately to hide that fact.

Plus, the only reason Stefan is doing any of this is because he STILL wants the cure for Elena. If he didn't care, he'd likely not bother with any of this. And that wouldn't serve Rebekahs purposes either.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Quote XPac:
Quote aerinha:
Quote XPac:

I don't think he was compelled to not care, because he seemed to care.

He SAID he didn't... but despite the words coming out of his mouth, I think he still acted like his feelings were hurt both to Damon and Elena.

You don't go out of your way to say over and over again that you don't care unless you DO care and are trying desperately to hide that fact.

Plus, the only reason Stefan is doing any of this is because he STILL wants the cure for Elena. If he didn't care, he'd likely not bother with any of this. And that wouldn't serve Rebekahs purposes either.

Does he want the cure more to stick it to Damon.

But at the end of the day Elena said what she said and did what she did.

Return to “Vampire Diaries”