Will Elena and Stefan Get Back Together?

Mystic Falls chat room where you can find links to current spoilers for Vampire Diaries and The Originals.
XPac

Re: Will Elena and Stefan Get Back Together?

Postby XPac » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:30 pm

Quote sharon n nick 4eva: I felt so bad for Stefan when he found out that Damon and Elena made love.

Will this make a difference to him....

Will he look at Elena differently....

Will he be mad at Damon....

I'm sure he'll be upset. And he'll probably try and smack Damon at least once... he did hit Damon just for kissing her back in the third season.

But I don't think he has the right to feel TOO bad since technically Stefan was the one that ended the relationship with Elena. So she's free and clear to hook up with anyone she pleases.

I suppose the one major sticking point is if Stefan knows that Damon slept with her BEFORE he found out about the sire bond. If he wrongly believes Damon used the sire bond to sleep with her intentionally, then he's likely going to be very very ticked at Damon.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:55 pm

Quote XPac:
Quote sharon n nick 4eva: I felt so bad for Stefan when he found out that Damon and Elena made love.

Will this make a difference to him....

Will he look at Elena differently....

Will he be mad at Damon....

I'm sure he'll be upset. And he'll probably try and smack Damon at least once... he did hit Damon just for kissing her back in the third season.

But I don't think he has the right to feel TOO bad since technically Stefan was the one that ended the relationship with Elena. So she's free and clear to hook up with anyone she pleases.

I suppose the one major sticking point is if Stefan knows that Damon slept with her BEFORE he found out about the sire bond. If he wrongly believes Damon used the sire bond to sleep with her intentionally, then he's likely going to be very very ticked at Damon.

Damon did sleep with Elena so that has to change something between the brothers.

aerinha

Postby aerinha » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:09 pm

The only reason Stefan has to be miffed is that Elena jumped in bed with Damon 24 hours after the break up. Yes she was single, yes the feelings had been brewing for awhile, but it was sort of heartless.

But then if .caroline had kept her yap shut, Stefan wouldn't have found out how soon it happened.

It is a triangle so eventually Stefan does have to work his way back in. I think the show has five or six seasons in the contract so this has to go on for another year and a half or two and a half.

XPac

Postby XPac » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 pm

Quote aerinha: The only reason Stefan has to be miffed is that Elena jumped in bed with Damon 24 hours after the break up. Yes she was single, yes the feelings had been brewing for awhile, but it was sort of heartless.

But then if .caroline had kept her yap shut, Stefan wouldn't have found out how soon it happened.

It is a triangle so eventually Stefan does have to work his way back in. I think the show has five or six seasons in the contract so this has to go on for another year and a half or two and a half.

The sucky thing though is that Stefan found out about things out of order.

He learned about the sire bond, THEN found out that they slept together even though us readers know Damon slept with her before he knew anything about it. So when you combine that fact with Damon being caught in a lie over being with Elena when they went to help Jeremy, it potentially creates the false impression that Damon took advantage of the sire bond. And that more than anything could potentially set him off.

But we'll see... hopefully he'll give Damon the benefit of the doubt here.

aerinha

Postby aerinha » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:19 am

Quote XPac:
Quote aerinha: The only reason Stefan has to be miffed is that Elena jumped in bed with Damon 24 hours after the break up. Yes she was single, yes the feelings had been brewing for awhile, but it was sort of heartless.

The sucky thing though is that Stefan found out about things out of order.

He learned about the sire bond, THEN found out that they slept together even though us readers know Damon slept with her before he knew anything about it. So when you combine that fact with Damon being caught in a lie over being with Elena when they went to help Jeremy, it potentially creates the false impression that Damon took advantage of the sire bond. And that more than anything could potentially set him off.

But we'll see... hopefully he'll give Damon the benefit of the doubt here.

I think Stefan will know it came before the sire bond announcement because, he was the one to tell Damon, then spent all that day and night with Damon so no Delena sex could happen then. It either had to happen before that (meaning in their 24 hour break up time or else she cheated) or the night Damon didn't send her away, but then Caroline wouldn't have known because she spent all day at the winter dance and/or with Stefan.

Plus there was that devastated look on Stefan's face and he gave the "checkmate" on the chess board. If he thought Damon used Elena I think he would have been raging out the door to kill him rather than being so upset.

I think he'll doubt will be, if Elena's feelings are real, how long did she feel that way about Damon while she was laying next to Stefan at night.

XPac

Postby XPac » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:55 am

While it's true that Caroline was with Stefan on that last day, she was in touch with Bonnie. So the same way she knows that Elena was with Damon in the first place is how she might theoretically know that they slept together. Obviously they didn't at that point... but neither Caroline nor Damon know that.

It's really a matter of whether or not they're willing to give Damon the benefit of the doubt. It's a given Caroline wouldn't, and given she's Stefans filter that might be a problem. But I'd like to think Stefan would give Damon the benefit of the doubt under normal circumstances. Though he might be less willing to, since Damon was already caught in a lie.

Hopefully you're right though, and no one will go around accusing Damon of taking advantage of Elena. But I do think it's a possibility if they really wanna generate conflict within the group.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Quote XPac: While it's true that Caroline was with Stefan on that last day, she was in touch with Bonnie. So the same way she knows that Elena was with Damon in the first place is how she might theoretically know that they slept together. Obviously they didn't at that point... but neither Caroline nor Damon know that.

It's really a matter of whether or not they're willing to give Damon the benefit of the doubt. It's a given Caroline wouldn't, and given she's Stefans filter that might be a problem. But I'd like to think Stefan would give Damon the benefit of the doubt under normal circumstances. Though he might be less willing to, since Damon was already caught in a lie.

Hopefully you're right though, and no one will go around accusing Damon of taking advantage of Elena. But I do think it's a possibility if they really wanna generate conflict within the group.

All I know is Stefan is not going to be happy.

XPac

Postby XPac » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 am

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
Quote XPac: While it's true that Caroline was with Stefan on that last day, she was in touch with Bonnie. So the same way she knows that Elena was with Damon in the first place is how she might theoretically know that they slept together. Obviously they didn't at that point... but neither Caroline nor Damon know that.

No doubt about it.

Still, in a way Stefan KIND OF brought this on himself.

Elena did chose Stefan at the start of the season. But it was Stefan that technically broke up with her. Then when Elena had to move into the Salvatores Stefan decided to move out and essentially leave the now single Elena who he knew had feelings for Damon alone with Damon.

Stefan essentially did everything except gift wrap Elena for Damon.

stjarna

Postby stjarna » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 am

Quote XPac:
Quote sharon n nick 4eva:

No doubt about it.

Still, in a way Stefan KIND OF brought this on himself.

Elena did chose Stefan at the start of the season. But it was Stefan that technically broke up with her. Then when Elena had to move into the Salvatores Stefan decided to move out and essentially leave the now single Elena who he knew had feelings for Damon alone with Damon.

Stefan essentially did everything except gift wrap Elena for Damon.

Hence the thing wit Stefan and Elena this time is done very lame imo. The catering for oth fanbases is not good, imo- the storytelling and proper characterisation falls in the water- no wonder some get underwehlmed.
Sincerely hope that now this is it with Stefan and Elena.
No going back to them again in the future.

XPac

Postby XPac » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 am

I can't say I'd necessarily look foreward to any sort of Stefan/Elena stuff again after everything that's happened in this season.

Still, the triangle has essentially been the pillar the entire show has really built on since day one. I'm not certain the love triangle is ever really going to go away entirely.

Return to “Vampire Diaries”