What is really going on- NYTIMES article

iwatched4

What is really going on- NYTIMES article

Postby iwatched4 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:03 pm

So the NYTimes wrote an article last week detailing what was really going on, basically PP is committed to producing 220 episodes of each show, they were originally going to do 168 episode each for this year, but with the information they got from Hulu they decided to do 2 episodes a week. With 2 episodes a week they can give the writers a break and they can keep the content up for an extended period of time so all the episodes can reach at least 500,000 views. This is not a problem for AMC if you look at the Itunes chart AMC is still in the top 200 paid for shows, but OLTL is not doing as well. You can also tell OLTL is lagging behind AMC in terms of the viewers on Hulu. Look at most popular this month and you'll see that AMC is watched more than OLTL.

MikeLikesSoaps

Re: What is really going on- NYTIMES article

Postby MikeLikesSoaps » Wed May 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Quote iwatched4: So the NYTimes wrote an article last week detailing what was really going on, basically PP is committed to producing 220 episodes of each show, they were originally going to do 168 episode each for this year, but with the information they got from Hulu they decided to do 2 episodes a week. With 2 episodes a week they can give the writers a break and they can keep the content up for an extended period of time so all the episodes can reach at least 500,000 views. This is not a problem for AMC if you look at the Itunes chart AMC is still in the top 200 paid for shows, but OLTL is not doing as well. You can also tell OLTL is lagging behind AMC in terms of the viewers on Hulu. Look at most popular this month and you'll see that AMC is watched more than OLTL.

When they were going off the air on ABC, OLTL was definetely the superior show and the one I had to watch every day. Since the relaunch, AMC is the better show. I am having a hard time getting into the new OLTL.

jl4ever

Postby jl4ever » Wed May 22, 2013 6:01 pm

OLTL drop the ball big time in revealing that Victor was alive. I've seen more shock at a kindergarten class when a child vomits on another child. :D

MikeLikesSoaps

Postby MikeLikesSoaps » Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 am

Quote jl4ever: OLTL drop the ball big time in revealing that Victor was alive. I've seen more shock at a kindergarten class when a child vomits on another child. :D

NO KIDDING! that was the biggest let down ever!

Fairoaks

Postby Fairoaks » Fri May 24, 2013 6:48 pm

I never watched AMC when it was on ABC. I have bee watching both shows since 4/29 ...I think AMC is the better show.. I thought the Thursday episode of OLTL was boring.

BringBackStarr

Postby BringBackStarr » Sat May 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Totally agree about AMC being better *at least right now*....Who would have thought OLTL would have become so unwatchable after the high note they went out on... 8)

Still cant get past BrattMatt.....

Return to “One Life To Live”