ghfanfare

Flippin' the bird...

Postby ghfanfare » Thu May 09, 2013 8:05 pm

That was unexpected. 8)

But I laughed. :D

Meeksmonk

Re: Flippin' the bird...

Postby Meeksmonk » Thu May 09, 2013 10:21 pm

It's funny because I was actually wondering if they'd let any of the characters do it...so I kind of liked seeing it on Geoffrey...fine ass Geoffrey...:)

oltlforever31

Postby oltlforever31 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:34 am

I have to say, I kind of like that they can get away with more. I know the cursing has bothered some, but I actually don't mind it at all. Some of it seems unnecessary, but I noticed on Thursdays show there wasn't as much. Maybe the first few episodes used a lot just to get us used to it? I don't know. But I think it makes it seem a little more realistic.

Meeksmonk

Postby Meeksmonk » Fri May 10, 2013 12:36 pm

I agree. People curse all the time in real life, plus, if I were a character in a soap, I cannot imagine going through all of the crap they do and not cursing once. I just can't. Lol. Just as long as they don't go overboard.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Fri May 10, 2013 12:44 pm

I think most of us are used to hearing it anymore, in movies, on HBO, Showtime, even in public these days. Must admit that sometimes I get tired of it. It's all been overdone, esp. the 'f' word. Kinda lost its impact and just sounds crass now. JMO, of course.

tinasfatheronlostin

Postby tinasfatheronlostin » Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 pm

I think they're basically just testing the waters.

*** using sh!t SO MUCH over a couple of episodes has totally lost what small amount of shock value it had to begin with.
*** loved the bird flipping.
*** hate Riff Raff and whatever he means by needing his fettucheeni.
*** Nat in her lingerie in premiere episode. Big thumbs up. Only cause it seems real. She was getting ready to go out. She' s proud of her beauty and Melissa Archer was so comfortable in showing that side of Natalie according to her interview on the recap show. I mean really now......on General Hospital last week both Nik and Milo were doing lame impressions of the Fords since they were clothing-challenged.
*** Victor and Tea love scenes. So Sexy. And loved the strawberries for breakfast afterglow the next morning.

Plain-N-Simple

Postby Plain-N-Simple » Mon May 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Now I have watched every episode so far and for some reason I obviously missed the bird flippin. Idk how but I clearly did so can somebody enlightened me on who did it and what eppy that was so I can go over it again to c if I really missed it or if I just don't remember seeing it.

Meeksmonk

Postby Meeksmonk » Mon May 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Quote Plain-N-Simple: Now I have watched every episode so far and for some reason I obviously missed the bird flippin. Idk how but I clearly did so can somebody enlightened me on who did it and what eppy that was so I can go over it again to c if I really missed it or if I just don't remember seeing it.

I believe it was the episode before the one that aired today. Matthew and Jeffrey were in their apartment. Matthew, I think, was on his laptop and Jeffrey was complaining about how Matthew could help him move some stuff around in the bedroom. Matthew said that Jeffrey could use the exercise so Jeffrey flipped the bird. I believe it was in the beginning of the episode but I'm not sure.

Plain-N-Simple

Postby Plain-N-Simple » Tue May 14, 2013 10:00 am

Quote Meeksmonk:
Quote Plain-N-Simple: Now I have watched every episode so far and for some reason I obviously missed the bird flippin. Idk how but I clearly did so can somebody enlightened me on who did it and what eppy that was so I can go over it again to c if I really missed it or if I just don't remember seeing it.

I believe it was the episode before the one that aired today. Matthew and Jeffrey were in their apartment. Matthew, I think, was on his laptop and Jeffrey was complaining about how Matthew could help him move some stuff around in the bedroom. Matthew said that Jeffrey could use the exercise so Jeffrey flipped the bird. I believe it was in the beginning of the episode but I'm not sure.

Ok thanx for this. I'll go back and c how the heck I missed this lol..

AZsun3232

Postby AZsun3232 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:34 pm

:-) I thought it was funny! It was set in there as if it would be in real life. Very fitting for the conversation.

Return to “One Life To Live”