The Cussing!?!

DawnD13

The Cussing!?!

Postby DawnD13 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Is anyone else surprised by the cuss words being used on the reboot of OLTL? I mean I nearly jumped off the couch when I first heard Dani say "s***"!!! *) And then Blair called Todd an "a-hole"! I'm not sure I WANT to hear that on my shows! I'm not a prude, but it doesn't add anything to the show and kind of trashes up the characters. And I know fast paced is good but this thing is edited to be so fast, I can't get into the storylines.

Jigglea

Re: The Cussing!?!

Postby Jigglea » Fri May 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Quote DawnD13: Is anyone else surprised by the cuss words being used on the reboot of OLTL? I mean I nearly jumped off the couch when I first heard Dani say "s***"!!! *) And then Blair called Todd an "a-hole"! I'm not sure I WANT to hear that on my shows! I'm not a prude, but it doesn't add anything to the show and kind of trashes up the characters. And I know fast paced is good but this thing is edited to be so fast, I can't get into the storylines.

DawnD, I would have to agree with you...i'm not too thrilled about the cussing either....

Jigglea

Postby Jigglea » Fri May 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Quote DawnD13: Is anyone else surprised by the cuss words being used on the reboot of OLTL? I mean I nearly jumped off the couch when I first heard Dani say "s***"!!! *) And then Blair called Todd an "a-hole"! I'm not sure I WANT to hear that on my shows! I'm not a prude, but it doesn't add anything to the show and kind of trashes up the characters. And I know fast paced is good but this thing is edited to be so fast, I can't get into the storylines.

DawnD, I would have to agree with you...i'm not too thrilled about the cussing either....

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Sat May 04, 2013 6:03 am

I think Blair calling todd an a-hole made sense it fits into what would really be said between 2 people with the kind of relationship they have but if the cussing becomes more about shock value then "normal" conversation then I think the writers are just doing it to set themselves apart from broadcast tv.

BringBackStarr

Postby BringBackStarr » Sun May 05, 2013 1:16 am

Since when does a NEW EMPLOYEE (Jeffrey), start cussing around their boss (Vicki)....its a desperate obvious stunt that stinks!!

coldrain

Postby coldrain » Sun May 05, 2013 1:47 am

Seems like it was added for "realism" or just wanting to show off that they can get away with it without the previous television regulations in place. Maybe they thought viewers would enjoy it, but thus far it's seemed to backfire from what I've heard from anyone I know who's watched the new episodes.

Feels like I'm watching an MTV undressed rehash tbh. it's not sexy or controversial, it's forced and faked

c.reign1

Postby c.reign1 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:47 am

I agree i think blair saying as##### was ok but what bothered me was dani saying sh$$$$t that was not appropiate you can tell she felt awkward trying to say it she is a teenager that not cool they need to clean the language up family show people.

tessicapls

Postby tessicapls » Mon May 06, 2013 1:51 pm

A$$hole, I was okay with. $h*t, I didn't love, but could handle. But Dani calling Matthew a d*ckhead today was just crude. I don't care for all the cussing. I'm 32, definitely no prude, but I don't see the need for it.

Geddymd72

Postby Geddymd72 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:59 pm

They have to experiment with the freedom of the new format. On HBO or Showtime, all the acclaimed series get their expletives in. I say, just let it fly for now

coldrain

Postby coldrain » Mon May 06, 2013 4:30 pm

First thing the new matthew said today was "holy s-h-i-t"...

Return to “One Life To Live”