Destiny?!

Meatmanswife

Re: Destiny?!

Postby Meatmanswife » Wed May 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Quote RJ72: Two thumbs up for both new Destiny and new Matthew!

Enjoy the show and give it time. If you're right the producers will change the actress, but I don't agree with you. Old Destiny said no, so if missing her is your predicament? I hope you don't go on trashing every future D.

RJ

I don't mind recast at all! Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but essence of the character isn't there, and when that is gone then it doesn't work. She has lost her spunk and her charm. And I could never she this new Destiny hooking up with the old Matthew. I miss old Matthew too!

Soaps242424

Postby Soaps242424 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:54 pm

I like the new Destiny... you have to give her a chance. What doesn't make sense is that this is five years later and the baby should already be a toddler...

IHeartLizzie

Postby IHeartLizzie » Fri May 10, 2013 1:23 am

Quote Soaps242424: I like the new Destiny... you have to give her a chance. What doesn't make sense is that this is five years later and the baby should already be a toddler...

I like her too. I guess they didn't want to make Matthew a Super DeadBeat! Lol. 4 or 5 months is understandable. 5 years is kinda unforgiveable and the audience would have probably turned on the Matthew character if tht was the case.

oltlforever31

Postby oltlforever31 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:25 am

Quote Soaps242424: I like the new Destiny... you have to give her a chance. What doesn't make sense is that this is five years later and the baby should already be a toddler...

It's not five years later. That is AMC only. OLTL is in real time. They just aged the teen set to be over 21 (minus Jack) and Liam was SORASed to be older. (let's face it working with a two year old, probably wouldn't have been easy, I currently have one, lol) Which is why baby Drew is still a baby.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 pm

She's hardly been on long enough for me to have an opinion. I think it was a good idea to age Matthew and Destiny. It makes sense they would start the show off with a young adult group rather than a teen scene but still use characters that are familiar to the viewers.

MikeLikesSoaps

Postby MikeLikesSoaps » Fri May 10, 2013 2:52 pm

I miss sassy, chubby Destiny who didn't care what people thought about her looks. And I don't beleive old Destiny would be leaving her baby at home every night with her parents or Bo and Nora just so she can go clubbing alone.

Return to “One Life To Live”