Thank You All My Children

Rhonda_Sheer

Thank You All My Children

Postby Rhonda_Sheer » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:33 pm

Words cannot express my gratitude for All My Children introducing a transgendered to the story line. I am a mtf transgendered and I happen to also be a lesbian. Many people tend to confuse gender identity with sexual orientation and I can attest to the fact that these are totally different and separate issues. I have always (since childhood) known that I was different and born in the wrong gender and it took me 45 years to finally come out of denial and to stop living a lie. Zach's dilemna truly hits home for me and I can appreciate what she portrays since I have and am still dealing with society's unfair treatment towards people like us. If only hate crimes could stop once and for all! Thank you for reading my comments!

Patti D

Re: Thank You All My Children

Postby Patti D » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Quote Rhonda_Sheer: Words cannot express my gratitude for All My Children introducing a transgendered to the story line. I am a mtf transgendered and I happen to also be a lesbian. Many people tend to confuse gender identity with sexual orientation and I can attest to the fact that these are totally different and separate issues. I have always (since childhood) known that I was different and born in the wrong gender and it took me 45 years to finally come out of denial and to stop living a lie. Zach's dilemna truly hits home for me and I can appreciate what she portrays since I have and am still dealing with society's unfair treatment towards people like us. If only hate crimes could stop once and for all! Thank you for reading my comments!

Rhonda_Sheer - Actually it's Zarf who is trangender on the show, not Zach. Welcome to the boards. :D

Rhonda_Sheer

Postby Rhonda_Sheer » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:25 pm

Quote Patti D:
Quote Rhonda_Sheer: Words cannot express my gratitude for All My Children introducing a transgendered to the story line. I am a mtf transgendered and I happen to also be a lesbian. Many people tend to confuse gender identity with sexual orientation and I can attest to the fact that these are totally different and separate issues. I have always (since childhood) known that I was different and born in the wrong gender and it took me 45 years to finally come out of denial and to stop living a lie. Zach's dilemna truly hits home for me and I can appreciate what she portrays since I have and am still dealing with society's unfair treatment towards people like us. If only hate crimes could stop once and for all! Thank you for reading my comments!

Rhonda_Sheer - Actually it's Zarf who is trangender on the show, not Zach. Welcome to the boards. :D

Rhonda_Sheer

Postby Rhonda_Sheer » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:27 pm

Yes of course.... I stand corrected and it was nothing more than a mistype on my part. Thank you for that.... Hugs

Return to “All My Children”