The "All My Children" Poem

AMC_Fan2008

The "All My Children" Poem

Postby AMC_Fan2008 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:29 am

Here's a poem that was used in the beginning of almost every episode of All My Children:

"The Great and the Least,

The Rich and the Poor,

The Weak and the Strong,

In Sickness and in Health,

In Joy and Sorrow,

In Tragedy and Triumph,

You are ALL MY CHILDREN."

So does anyone know what does the poem really mean? :)

HOT PINK

Re: The

Postby HOT PINK » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:48 am

The title of the show refers to the brotherhood of man. The show's creator Agnes Nixon believed that it didn't matter who people are, or what they looked like, or where they were from, because everone is a child of God.

Agnes Nixon wrote the poem, which epitomizes the goal of AMC's storytelling.

BellaMia

Postby BellaMia » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Quote HOT PINK: The title of the show refers to the brotherhood of man. The show's creator Agnes Nixon believed that it didn't matter who people are, or what they looked like, or where they were from, because everone is a child of God.

Too bad someone didn't notify all of the past writers from recent years about Agnes Nixon's goal for AMC's storytelling. They sure fell considerably crap of her mark (goal), didn't they? I'm not sure WHAT AMC is supposed to be all about anymore other than death, lies, adultry and corruption. The whole "family" thing has been thrown completely out the window!

HOT PINK

Postby HOT PINK » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:09 am

Quote BellaMia:
Quote HOT PINK: The title of the show refers to the brotherhood of man. The show's creator Agnes Nixon believed that it didn't matter who people are, or what they looked like, or where they were from, because everone is a child of God.

Too bad someone didn't notify all of the past writers from recent years about Agnes Nixon's goal for AMC's storytelling. They sure fell considerably crap of her mark (goal), didn't they? I'm not sure WHAT AMC is supposed to be all about anymore other than death, lies, adultry and corruption. The whole "family" thing has been thrown completely out the window!

You're right. And, unfortunately, it seems to be that way on a lot of the soaps these days.

MissChef

Postby MissChef » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14 pm

Quote BellaMia:

How right you are. Seems like everybody's got a baby by somebody's ex-husband, cousin, brother, sister, etc. I mean, it's so freaking confusing.

Return to “All My Children”