What's Going On With David Canary (Adam)??

MissChef

What's Going On With David Canary (Adam)??

Postby MissChef » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:29 am

Anybody else notice how Adam was on-screen for only a few seconds in two episodes, and in the last episode where he was seen kissing Brooke, he didn't speak. Not the Adam Chandler we're used to seeing. Is DC sick? It's not like AMC to have one of their veteran actors/characters be mute and not have more of a significant part rather than 5 seconds on screen.

taramartin

Re: What's Going On With David Canary (Adam)??

Postby taramartin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 am

While AMC was still on ABC, I read DC had an illness - it was not identified - he cut his schedule. As ABC was ending its run he helped tie up the storylines. When AMC came back and I saw Adam was in the cast, I was hoping he was well. He will be 75 soon and sadly I guess he is declining. It is probably in the spirit of "the show must go on" and to support his cast mates that he is playing his part. They must have to limit his scenes and lines. If anyone knows anything more specific I'd love to know.it is nice to get what we can of Adam but the gala scene was a bit odd.

MissChef

Postby MissChef » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Quote taramartin: While AMC was still on ABC, I read DC had an illness - it was not identified - he cut his schedule. As ABC was ending its run he helped tie up the storylines. When AMC came back and I saw Adam was in the cast, I was hoping he was well. He will be 75 soon and sadly I guess he is declining. It is probably in the spirit of "the show must go on" and to support his cast mates that he is playing his part. They must have to limit his scenes and lines. If anyone knows anything more specific I'd love to know.it is nice to get what we can of Adam but the gala scene was a bit odd.

Yes, I agree the seen was odd, and was that even Adam who called JR's name? We heard, "JR," and then cut to Adam. I can understand having limited scenes due to declining health, but why have him MUTE??? We all know Adam Chandler to be very outspoken and having LOTS to say. LOL I'll look into this and see what else I can find out.

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Yes, if you find anything please post it. He looked good.

rainhue

Postby rainhue » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 pm

When were there scenes where he was mute? I do remember him yelling something like "Enough, in my study, now!" But I don't remember much more than that. I sure hope he is okay.

elijahsgotit

Postby elijahsgotit » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:26 am

I don't even remember Adam saying JR, just "That's enough" but I suppose I could have missed it. I do wish we could get more Adam scenes though. He's one of the few of the older cast that I actually care about seeing.

Return to “All My Children”