3) Hello everyone. I begun posting again on both the rerun shows on SoapNet and also adding some comments on the upcoming reboot of the show.
As for the current story lines being shown on SopaNet.
1. JR and Colby are the biggest spoiled brats. I realize they don’t like Annie but did she deprive them of anything, NO! In fact JR would not be alive without Annie so he is really selfish.
2. I realize that David Canary wished to leave the show after they made the transition to the West Coast but I felt they way they brought boring Brooke back and suddenly Adam realized his love for her and runs of with Brooke was a bit much.
3. When is Tad going to tell Damon he is his father? I mean half the town knows already. I also have wondered, why Tad never pursued getting some type of custody of Stuart for Damon since his is his grandson. (Stuart).
4. Could Madison throw herself at Ryan even more than she is? Just when you thought women in PV were safe from the White Knight, here he comes to Madison’s rescue. He will pledge his eternal love to her like every woman he gets involved with and then dump her for Greenlee.
5. I enjoyed rewatching the tribute to James Mitchell, Palmer Cortlandt. It was very moving with just a touch of humor. I always remember the story line years ago when a young man was coming out as gay. This was a good 15 years ago (Laurel Lily’s mother was shot during this story line) and people were still not as accepting of people back then. Most of the characters on thew show were either afraid, incensed or confused by this announcement. However, JM chose to have Palmer be a supporter of this young man. Something he would have in real life. I always applauded his decision to have his character written against type and be the voice of reason in this story.
Now for my thoughts on the Reboot:
1. I have no problem with the show starting way after the last episode. I do hope over time that they explain what happens.
2. There is obviously going to be explanations needed as to why Zach is there and not Kendall, Dixie and not Tad etc.
3. I hope that the show achieves a balance between the existing characters and the either new characters/SORAS characters on the show. I don’t necessarily want to watch a new show that just goes by the name of AMC.