40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!

ronel

40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!

Postby ronel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:33 pm

With all the hype about bringing back Brooke, Palmer, Nina, Greg, Maria....no interaction with any story line. About a minute of each character. That show was such a disappointment!!! Stupid Stupid Stupid

MissChef

Re: 40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!

Postby MissChef » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:23 pm

What??? How can you say that?? You must be crazy!!

Just kidding....

I AGREE with everything you said. I thought I was in for a "treat" too. Writers could have kept this mess. I was expecting it to be like they did One Life To Live. I don't watch OLTL, but I did back in the 80's, and I remember a lot of the characters. The 40th anniversary OLTL had was excellent. Unlike AMC. It was thrown together really sloppy. Huge disappointment.

TexasSoapFan13

Postby TexasSoapFan13 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:39 pm

ITA with you both. They should have had it be a big New Years party or ball, (what ever happened to the Crystal Ball they used to have every year?) with the old actors interacting with the present ones, drama and all. This was just a bunch of Talking Heads! At least show some longer clips from all through the years, instead of a few stills flashed on the screen for a second each. ;(

LovesMike33

Postby LovesMike33 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Quote MissChef: What??? How can you say that?? You must be crazy!!

Just kidding....

I AGREE with everything you said. I thought I was in for a "treat" too. Writers could have kept this mess. I was expecting it to be like they did One Life To Live. I don't watch OLTL, but I did back in the 80's, and I remember a lot of the characters. The 40th anniversary OLTL had was excellent. Unlike AMC. It was thrown together really sloppy. Huge disappointment.

That was all thanks to Charles Pratt. I noticed him today in the credits as head writer still. ~) And yes it was very disapointing in my opinion. Why did they even bother to bring in poor Palmer and Nina? They weren't EVEN worth a Minute of the show. Very sad.

MissChef

Postby MissChef » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Yeah, I was very disappointed...

Also, the clips of Stuart that they showed were the same clips they put together during his funeral. When they are at his funeral singing, "He's Got High Hopes," you see old flashbacks, etc. It was the SAME chain of flashbacks shown yesterday.

ronel

Postby ronel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:48 pm

And what's up with Greg Nelson and the 'stache.....

MissChef

Postby MissChef » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Quote ronel: And what's up with Greg Nelson and the 'stache.....

LOL Yeah, it didn't fit him at all. :-)

ronel

Postby ronel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:10 pm

When I saw him appearing in the promo's leading up to it, I didn't know who it was. It doesn't suit him.

MissChef

Postby MissChef » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Also, we saw MORE of the current characters than old ones! I wanted to see characters whom we haven't seen in ages.

Gloria Marsh-Chandler
Lucas Barnes
Derrick and Mimi Frye
Tom and Lidia Cuddahy
Dimitri Merrick and his son Anton (who was married to Kendall back in the 90s)

This would have been a nice touch.

levann

Postby levann » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:56 pm

I wish I had seen more from the first 20 years but I do like the way they approached it via a series of interviews. I thought time was wasted on Annie, Krystal, Marissa, Ode to Babe the bimbo, Brot, Natalia and I did not need to hear Randi speak. I also think that Mimo and not the baby of betrayal should have been featured. But I can’t say it “sucked”. I just think that too much time was spent with folks who really haven’t been there that long (including Zach).

Return to “All My Children”