How much do the actors get paid?

Tidewater

How much do the actors get paid?

Postby Tidewater » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:38 pm

I am just wondering. I am sure it's not a Tom Cruz salary.
Hopefully enough to live well.

PelphreyPosse

Re: How much do the actors get paid?

Postby PelphreyPosse » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Generally speaking for a newcomer, a one year or two year contract begins around $150,000.00 a year. The longer you are on a show the more you can ask for when renewal time comes around if you are still being written for. People like Erica (Vicki on OLTL) Susan Lucci on AMC, Eric (Victor) on Y & R draw amazingly high salaries for 20 plus years on their shows. They are all extremely wealthy.

Tidewater

Postby Tidewater » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:17 pm

:-) I am sure they earn(ed) every cent. Without those veteran actors (in my opinion) Soaps would have vanished a long time ago.How do they remember all those lines? Do they use prompters,cards? Amazing and they make it look so simple..lol..lol

HalfEvil

Postby HalfEvil » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:21 pm

For someone new to soaps the minimum would be around $700/per episode or even much less, depending on many different factors. Plus they are only guaranteed 1 to 3 days a week of work.

For someone who been been acting at least 5 to 10 years they get about 1500 to 3000 per episode. Still only guaranteed 1 to 3 day of work.

For those that have been working over ten years it's typically around 2000 to 5000 plus per episode.

Then you got the pros like Susan Lucci that are well known and bringing home 7 digit zeros a year.

Other factors affect their pay also even the newcomers. Like meet and greets, promoting, It's mostly how well they are known.

Return to “Guiding Light”