Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

evan timothy

Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Postby evan timothy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Hey i think it will be really nice for you to get to spend that time with them i wish i could do that but can't.i cannot believe they have really taken our GUIDING LIGHT off the air their are many other i could think should go.and now they have the price is Right in it's place what an insult to our soap and it's actors.wellyou have a good time and keep us up on your trips %(

Kimberlee629

Postby Kimberlee629 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Why can't another network pick up Guiding Light? There are plenty of options now on the satelites. Prehaps you need to get this great show on at a different time - you even stated that part of the problem you had was low rating due too mom going back to work. I know I worked three days a week and only was able to watch it on my days off - not everyone has tivo or has the ability to sit and watch it everyday. I would love to see the cast be like a Knots Landing or a Dallas. It could be done and you would have tons of viewers. Those talented actors have more show to give and the views would love to see it. But NBC/ CBS would rather give us three CSI's or more reality TV or Japan games show - "yeah thats what we really want to see" ~) .

Glfansince78

Postby Glfansince78 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:41 pm

They say that the sponsors weren't convinced we were watching. We used to tape it, then had to watch on a computer for the past few months since it went digital. I've started a thread inviting people to remember advertising they saw during GL. After all, the reason it was on to begin with was to sell its viewers stuff. Can't we convince them we really ARE a good market?

kmbw2103

Postby kmbw2103 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:12 pm

GL is like my family, i enjoyed watching it. when the last episode went off it felt like my family was leaving me and im was never going to see them again. it makes me feel miserable. but i really wanted to find out if jeffery died. they showed him thursday, but then friday he wasnt on, so i was just wondering if he died? does anybody know? %(

Alphanow

Postby Alphanow » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 am

Quote plumkat: Isn't there anything that can be done to keep guiding light on the air. from my deceased grandmother now to my Girls we all have been raised on guiding light, i'm actually heart broken, to know it's going off air. it has benn in my family for generations. i know i sound like a soap opera wierdo, i'm sorry. It's just feels like a part of my family history is dissapearing..... %( everyday for years the whole house knew to hush, hush when guiding light came on !!!

Alphanow

Postby Alphanow » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:51 am

I enjoyed and loved the Guiding Light for more than two decades. It was the most realistic soap opera on TV, as it introduced and exposed many people to everyday life events to helped us understand daily living in the world of the home, school, workplace, small businesses, large businesses, family and friends relationships, love and determination to live and let live. The Guiding Light was the cleanest soap opera on TV. CBS, this was a misplaced business decision to remove this soap opera from TV.

nymph

Postby nymph » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:52 pm

How about an apology to viewers that wasted the electricity to turn it on. the plot never made any sense, the writing was sophomoric to say the least, lots of loose ends, and the acting was terrible. only one character could act, and that was Jonathan. what happened to Jeffrey?????????????

michellef1962

Postby michellef1962 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:26 pm

I have been watching Guiding Light for 34 years! I am so devastated they took this show off the air! This was my escape each day after work. It is very hard for me to not see this show anymore. I'm glad that Soaps.com is going to keep this message board. I like reading what other watchers write. I can't believe a show that's been running for 77 years is just gone! This was like family. I know a lot of the story lines were far fetched. Especially when they cloned Reva. But Guiding Light did an excellant job with that. I will miss everyone very much.

kmbw2103

Postby kmbw2103 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Quote nymph: How about an apology to viewers that wasted the electricity to turn it on. the plot never made any sense, the writing was sophomoric to say the least, lots of loose ends, and the acting was terrible. only one character could act, and that was Jonathan. what happened to Jeffrey?????????????

if it was a waste of ur electricity and it pretty much didnt make sense to u, then why did u turn it on??? u didnt have to, u could of wasted ur electricity on something else.

michellef1962

Postby michellef1962 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm

I don't think Jeffrey died. They just left his part open. But they should of given us some kind of closure before the show ended.

Return to “Guiding Light”