Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

kjb3

Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Postby kjb3 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:27 am

Please can't any network pick up Guiding Light or new writer's take over? We do not want GL or it's characters to go off the air! :(

aevansk

Postby aevansk » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:34 am

I started watching Guiding Light with my Mother when it was on 15 minutes a day. I feel like I am losing a member of the family.

4everwandering

Postby 4everwandering » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:16 am

I was wandering the same thing too. Can't they save this show some other way. I was raise looking at this soap with my grandmother. You knew when Guiding Light came on you didn't dare to move or talk. I'm 56 now and my heart is broken.

If this show was making rating why didn't they put it in another time frame and instead of one hour put it down to an half of hour.

suzyqonline2

Postby suzyqonline2 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:50 pm

%(I too have watched this show my whole life and taped them when i use to work. I cried yesterday and today like a baby. I was so glad my husband wasnt home, because he never has understood my love for the show. I cant believe that it wont be on anymore.I know all the rest of you are sad too.
I have had to watch some of the shows on this fancast thing on the net because my tape messed up. I am curious if they will leave the shows on there. I was able to even watch old shows of guiding light. And now that its going to be gone, I would still watch the old reruns. Does anyone know if this will still be available? Also, I was wondering if anyone knew where any of our guiding light people will go to. Because I will follow them.

jazzqueen2009

Postby jazzqueen2009 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:56 pm

im am to so sad to see it go.

salena1221

Postby salena1221 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am

I only watched three soaps, Passions, Guiging light and Days Of Our Lives. Havent seen the last show today so dont know if Reva Gets Josh or Jeffrey. Oh, anyone have the answer for what happened to the kidnapper/blackmailing Australion that Phillip accidently killed? Shoulnt have cancelled "THE LIGHT!"

kellyRo

Postby kellyRo » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:32 pm

%( %( I just finished watching the last episode...I'm so sad. I'm 39 y/o, been watching 29 years,I still don't understand why the show couldn't move to another network. I know there are still lots of fans out there.

AntiqueLady

Postby AntiqueLady » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:09 pm

I sincerely hope this board will stay open.

clf18

September 18 finale.

Postby clf18 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Boo Hoo Hoo. :( The finale of Guiding Light was great. The writers did a great job. I've watched GL for many years. I hate to see it go. I will cherish the memories. Beat wishes to the cast. May God continue to watch over all of you. ;)

MavisHamilton

Postby MavisHamilton » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:20 pm

I just finished watching the last show. I have dreaded this day. I have watched this show since I was a child - which is a long time! I have always counted on it being there -- you know, like the way family is! I am so sad that it is over. I really don't think it has sunk in. About 10 years ago I was in Budapest and, much to my surprise, I turned on the TV and there was Guiding Light. It was an episode that was about 15 years old! I couldn't believe it. I know that copies of the episodes exist somewhere. I would honestly watch it all over again for the next 30 years. I wonder where copies of GL are and how they could be made available. I really loved this show.

Return to “Guiding Light”