Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Anna Belle

Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Postby Anna Belle » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:31 am

Does anyone know what happened to Beth And Alan's baby that was thought to be Rick's?

Postby mjma » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:45 pm

good question...looks like they just wrote that baby out of the story...but so little time left, it didn't belong there anyway...........OH, thanks, do keep this site up a week or two at least after the show goes off the air. I will be out of town and not have access to the show or web site all week. I am so depending on my DVR to record the last weeks shows but would like to see comments when I get back.

To all the Guiding LIght Stars: Good luck to you all, Have enjoyed many, many, many years (like 54 years) of watching and know that even when the writing/story lines stunk, you guys gave your best.

Postby Packrat5864 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:52 pm

%( I have been very upset about Guiding Light going dark so soon. I know every rock has been unturned to keep it on the air. In Canada it is already gone. I don't know why they could not keep it on for another 11 days for pete's sake!!! It went off after Labour Day. I can not pick up CBS in our trailer so I am taping it at home. I have already missed most of the last week or so.

It is the only soap opera that I even watch. So I guess my days of soaps will be over with this one. I am very upset that CBS even feels the need to remove it from their listings. With such a large fan base I would think it would just continue on.

I wish all the actors and actresses,writers and producers a bright future. Hope to see you somewhere else. Continued success.

Postby MyaM » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:09 am

I am soooo very upset they are shutting down the GL I have watched it since I was child and my mother before me. How can they do this when they have other soaps that suck and this is the best one along with then the Y&R. I will miss the cast and show I even tape it if I am not going to be home so I didn't miss anything. Well I won't be watching any other soaps except Y&R so they can shut the rest down too and we DON'T NEED ANY MORE SPORTS ON THE TV THEY HAVE THERE OWN STUPID CHANNELS SO PUT THEM THERE AND KEEP GL......
I am sooo upset.

Postby Halle » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:44 am

Hi I to am so sad to see Guiding Light go. I have actually been depresed all weekend! I do have a very full life, it's just I've been watching G.L. since I was in the 6th grade!! I'll be 44 in November. There is not another soap opera that gives you such a sense of family. I will miss Reva and Josh the most I think, but the Lewis's Spaldings Bauers, and Coopers will be GREATLY missed also. How could this happen to the BEST soap with so many wonderful actors! September 18th will be a very sad day. Nikki :(

Postby fivecarfan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:16 pm

Deb Yaz

Postby Deb Yaz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:39 pm

I also have been a LONG time watcher of GL.I try to watch other soaps but none every have compared!!I along with so many other people I am sure wait for 3 pm. to get here every week-day.I was disabled in 2004 so I have watched every single episode.Before that I did work but taped it and watched it at night.
There really are so many other shows that truly do suck in my opinion that have been on your network for way to long,replace Judge Judy,there is more than enough court shows on TV these days for sure.
I know the reasons all said for $$$ reasons,but so very many years of Guiding Light to just stop it now seems like a HUGE mistake,as well as a great sadness that it's going !!!!

Postby jg0109 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:36 pm

As with others that have posted, I to, am a dear fan of Guiding Light. I remember watching it with my mother when I was just a little girl. Back then it didn't seem interesting. As I have grown older, the storyline's have grown very dear to my heart. I shall miss the laughs, the joy, the tears, and the sorrow that came with each and every character within the show.

Guiding Light will live on in our hearts, forever. To all the actors and actresses, past and present... We love all you've done for the show, and all you've done to our hearts and emotions. Thank you for making a show that we can relate to, that we can love and hate all at once, and one that we will never be able to forget.

Postby kha44 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:59 pm

I am so sad, I am watching it right now and Billy, Vanessa, Buzz and Lillian are getting married. I cried when she went and talked to Maureen.My Mom ( never missed a show) and I are avid fans of GL. I started watching it with my grandmother. I remember Bert Bauer and her whole family and it was in black and white!I am going to miss GL so much. The actors and the characters they play are like family. They will be missed so much.Low ratings or not GL is and will be an awesome soap! And I wont be watching General hospital or watching the new show that is filling that time slot. If it wasnt for As the world turns CBS wouldn't be on at all. Good luck to all the actors on GL.

Postby marciaa » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:08 pm

I too am one of many who have watched Guiding Light my entire life. My grandmother raised me and she watched on tv from the time it first aired until her death in 2005. She had listened on radio before that. It always came on right as I got home from school so I grew up watching every day too. I am a grandmother now, also disabled and homebound. The absolute bright spot in my day is always Guiding Light. Everyone in the house knows to leave me alone and not utter a sound during that time slot. This last weeks episodes are marred with my tears. I am so desperately sad at losing my Springfield family. I cannot recall ever missing an episode whenever it wasn't preempted by some stupid sporting event or political speech. There is nothing on tv these days that isn't pure trash or complete foolishness. I now have nothing to look forward to and am unbelievably sad at this loss. I just hope that whomever made this decision to axe Guiding Light can even begin to feel the pain they have caused. Not only to us as fans and family members but to the actors who came into our homes every day. I know they will all go on to hopefully rewarding things but no ones lives involved with Guiding Light will ever be the same. All of these wonderful people fit together like a hand in a glove. Nothing else on tv can even come close to comparing with this family group. I cannot find words strong enough to convey my sadness and anger. I just know that I am sad, grieving and simply lost.

Return to “Guiding Light”