1 pkg. of 8oz cream cheese softended.
2 Cups of powdered sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. ginger
gingersnap cookies

In a large bowl beat th crem cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and ginger until blended. Chill to blend flavors. Serve with gingersnaps. Would be good with gingerbread or gingerbread cookies too!! Maybe while having some Chai Spiced tea!

Mmm sounds good!

Rosie Butterface

Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Postby Rosie Butterface » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Quote Bizzie Fan: Merry Christmas Rosie, Lucy, and all the wonderful Guiding Light Fans!

Rosie, I too had some problems when I tried to check out out the GL board. I was afraid that they had done away with it. So glad we still have it and can still post together with all of the wonderful people here on this board.

Hi Bizzie Fan! I was so sad that I thought I could not post any longer. When I did get back on, I figured it was just my husband playing I.T. Computer Man... He likes to do all this security stuff and then no one can use our computers----MEN WITH TOYS!

Rosie Butterface

Postby Rosie Butterface » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Quote Layngel: Wow cool thread! I miss GL so much. Here is a quick and easy pot pie leftover recipe

pie crust
Left over Chicken at least a cup
Can of Veg all or any veggie
Can cream of mushroom soup
Cheese

Mix all the ingredients (chicken, veggies and soup) put it in the pie shell, top with cheese then cover will other pie shell bake at 350 until golden brown :)

Hi Layngel! This sound so gooood and perfect for the almost 50 states of COLD!! I have tried to pull Names of recipes with GL themes, but have been very lazy with that. Here is a good one for the Super Bowel---
Frito Corn Salad(yes, it is salad so must be good for ya!)
1 can niblet corn, drained
1 can shoepeg corn, drained
1 cup light mayo or miracle whip
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
pinch of sugar or to taste
1 1/2 cup or more of Chili Fritos slightly crushed

Mix first 4 ingredients. Add pinch of sugar if desired. Add chips just before serving

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Quote Rosie Butterface:
Quote Layngel: Wow cool thread! I miss GL so much. Here is a quick and easy pot pie leftover recipe

pie crust
Left over Chicken at least a cup
Can of Veg all or any veggie
Can cream of mushroom soup
Cheese

Mix all the ingredients (chicken, veggies and soup) put it in the pie shell, top with cheese then cover will other pie shell bake at 350 until golden brown :)

Hi Layngel! This sound so gooood and perfect for the almost 50 states of COLD!! I have tried to pull Names of recipes with GL themes, but have been very lazy with that. Here is a good one for the Super Bowel---
Frito Corn Salad(yes, it is salad so must be good for ya!)
1 can niblet corn, drained
1 can shoepeg corn, drained
1 cup light mayo or miracle whip
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
pinch of sugar or to taste
1 1/2 cup or more of Chili Fritos slightly crushed

Mix first 4 ingredients. Add pinch of sugar if desired. Add chips just before serving

Hi! Sorry for late response.

That sounds delicious I will have to try that!

Return to “Guiding Light”