UNIVERSAL CITY, CA – July 22, 2008 – NBC Universal Television DVD, Music and Consumer Products Group in partnership with Premiere Props and presenting sponsor Soap Opera Digest, is holding a farewell auction featuring over 750 costumes and key hero props from Universal Media Studios' 2007 Daytime Emmy and Image Award-winning daytime drama, "Passions.”
A wide variety of costumes and props will be made available to the public, including; Sheridan Crane Boothe’s teal silk dress, Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald’s "Milly of New York" halter gown, Kay Bennett Crane’s "Arden B." button-up yellow dress, Tabitha Lenox’s magic wands, a paperbound photo album of Luis Lopez-Fitzgerald and Sheridan Crane, Sheridan Crane's Locket and Rebecca Hotchkiss's "Wonder Woman" costume. In addition, Tabitha Lenox's entire living room set will be available for bid; items will include her cabinet, fireplace, furniture, game table, artwork, and bookcase. The auction will also include high-end props such as a juke box and a Yamaha 1400cm3 motorcycle.
The auction is taking place at the Premiere Props warehouse, 128 Sierra Street in El Segundo, CA on Saturday, August 9th at Noon PST with a preview from 9am-11am PST. Fans can also place live bids online at http://www.icollector.com/ or
http://www.ebay.com. For more information, please visit http://www.premiereprops.com or call (310) 322-PROP.
"We are happy to partner with Premiere Props on this live event, exposing fans and collectors to unique props and costumes," said Stacey Ward, Director, NBC Universal Television DVD, Music and Consumer Products Group. "This event will help commemorate the shows' success and impact on daytime television, while rewarding fans with the opportunity to own a piece of their favorite show."
“After the great success of the ‘Passions’ two-day public estate sale in April and the industrial auction in early May, we are thrilled to once again partner with Universal Media Studios," added Dan Levin, Vice President of Marketing for Premiere Props, “and to offer devoted ‘Passions’ fans one last opportunity to own a piece of the show, and bid it a fond farewell.”
“We are thrilled to be partnering with Universal Media Studios and Premiere Props for the last ‘Passions’ auction,” said Susan Severance, Publisher for Soap Opera Digest and Soap Opera Weekly. “Soap Opera collectors will be amazed with the unique ‘Passions’ items that will be up for bid.” _________________________________________________________
This marks the third collaboration between Universal Media Studios and Premiere Props. A portion of the proceeds from the auction will benefit the Entertainment Industry Foundation, one of the leading charitable organizations of the entertainment industry, harnessing the collective power of the entertainment industry to raise awareness and funds for critical health, educational and social issues to make a positive impact in local communities and throughout the nation.
“Passions” was the first scripted drama series to join The 101 Network’s original program lineup on DIRECTV, which includes viewer favorites like “Rock & A Hard Place,” “Supreme Court of Comedy,” “DIRECTV SXSW Live” and “Championship Gaming Series.” “Passions,” which broadcasts three one-hour episodes per week, will end its run on The 101 in August 2008.
"Passions" is produced by Universal Media Studios and taped in Studio City, California. The show was created by James E. Reilly and Lisa de Cazotte is the Executive Producer.
Below please find a list of some of the items up for bid: (All images available at http://nbcumv.com/)
· As seen on screen at a Halloween costume party, a manipulative minx Rebecca Hotchkiss' (Andrea Evans) “Wonder Woman of the Justice League” costume (size is small/petite) features a sassy blue skirt with a spray of white stars and a slinky red halter style top that ties at the neck! Metallic gold cuffs, belt and tiara complete the super look and make this a perfect addition to your memorabilia collection!
· Worn on screen by super vixen Rebecca Hotchkiss' (Andrea Evans). An intimate scene with Julian Crane in his bedroom (Airdate: 10/6/06) - Tan "Pocahontas" Indian mini- dress features beaded fringe at the neckline and skirt, includes a black sewn-in "Victoria's Secret" bra (size 34C) with an inside tag that reads REBECCA, as well as beaded arm accessories, a faux-leather/suede chocolate brown "Vicars N Facts" bag with a checker print.
· Direct from the magical wardrobe of super witch Tabitha Lenox (Juliet Mills); a black velour hooded cape worn on screen and cloaked in mystery! Costume includes an authentic NBC Passions inventory tag making it a must for the die hard Passions fan!
· Direct from the set of the romantic paranormal drama, this is the gorgeous and secretive Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald's (Lindsay Hartley - 269 episodes, 1999-2008) black silk "Diane von FURSTENBERG" dress (size 4) with embroidery. The dress was screen-worn in an episode titled "Blue Night at Blue Note" aired on (4/15/08). Includes the NBC Passions inventory tag.
· Bring home the splendor and romance of your favorite daytime drama with the beautiful wedding gown worn on screen by scheming heroine Gwen Hotchkiss (Liza Huber) in the final wedding episode! Crème colored "Haute Couture" corset gown (size 10) features beaded embroidery and an authentic NBC inventory tag - making this show stopper an unforgettable addition to your memorabilia collection!
· Straight from the set of your favorite supernatural daytime drama comes this wonderful paper bound photo album of Luis and Sheridan (approx. 6.5" x 4")) - a terrific memento for a Passions fan!
· Super-villain Alistar Crane's (John Reilly, 40 episodes, 2005-2008) black/gold magnifying glass engraved with his initials "AC" and his elegant brown/gold pen (approx. 7") - a terrific memento for a Passions fan!
· Hitch a ride to Harmony - the setting of your favorite supernatural daytime drama on this majestic blue chrome Yamaha 1400cm3 motorcycle! In showroom condition – the leather is in excellent condition and the tires are brand new! The mud guards are clean and have no sign of use on the underside. The rear tail light lens is broken. Manufacture date: 9/1995, VIN# JYA3BGCO4TA007152- an incredible piece of Passions history for the die hard fan!
· Rock N' Roll is here to stay with your very own Juke Box direct from the set! Rock O LA by RMC Manufacturing Corporation. Model "CD8C" built 5-11-06 handles 828 Watt. All original manuals, extra wires and remote with batteries included in original packaging. Bring home a part of Harmony history for the ultimate memorabilia collection! (Note: Has small scuff on lower left side.)
· You'll always find your way back to your favorite daytime drama with this whimsical Map of Harmony printed on posterboard (approx. 30" x 24") - a terrific memento for the true Passions fan!
· Bring home the mystery and glamour of “Passions” with a fabulous Pucci-inspired retro mini-dress covered in bright geometric shapes and featuring a nehru collar and a fantastic burst of red maribou feathers at the sleeves and the hem! White go-go boots complete the daring look! Mannequin included to keep your fine collectible on display!
· Direct from the props dept; a antique looking blue tricycle with a small wooden chair attached to the handlebars and a "Pepsi" cooler strapped on back! A wonderful addition to your memorabilia collection!