"Another World" and "Passions"

aworldan5000

"Another World" and "Passions"

Postby aworldan5000 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:16 am

My name's Sean (aka aworldfan5000). I'm 18 years old, and I've got autism. Even though I don't watch any soap operas, I was checking out the network daytime schedules at Wikipedia, and though "Another World" came on at 1:00 PM in some areas (I think), do you think "Passions" could have started out as a 30 minute soap at 11:30 AM on NBC to compete against "Port Charles" on ABC and "The Bold and the Beautiful" on CBS in the 11:30 AM timeslot (again, in some areas) before "Another World" got cancelled, and replaced it with "Passions"?

Teenie

Re:

Postby Teenie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 am

Yes...Ofcourse

destes

Re:

Postby destes » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Quote aworldan5000: My name's Sean (aka aworldfan5000). I'm 18 years old, and I've got autism. Even though I don't watch any soap operas, I was checking out the network daytime schedules at Wikipedia, and though "Another World" came on at 1:00 PM in some areas (I think), do you think "Passions" could have started out as a 30 minute soap at 11:30 AM on NBC to compete against "Port Charles" on ABC and "The Bold and the Beautiful" on CBS in the 11:30 AM timeslot (again, in some areas) before "Another World" got cancelled, and replaced it with "Passions"?

I never watched Another World, but hated it got cancelled. I think it got cancelled right after Santa Barbara and I did watch that show. Seems like they would improve the soaps they had before they put new shows on. But I must say, I loved Passions.

LlanviewFan76

Re:

Postby LlanviewFan76 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 am

ANOTHER WORLD aired its final episode at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, June 25, 1999 and PASSIONS picked up in that same time-slot (essentially replacing AW) on Monday, July 5, 1999. Both shows aired for 60 minutes; PASSIONS for its entire run, and AW ever since August of 1980 when it was scaled back from 90 minutes to make room for then-new soap TEXAS.

PASSIONS, to my knowledge, never directly competed with either PORT CHARLES or BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL. Its ABC competition was ONE LIFE TO LIVE and its CBS competition was AS THE WORLD TURNS, both of which took advantage of NBC's dumping of AW by booking ex-AW stars to lure its viewers away from PASSIONS causing its ratings to be bad in its first week on the air. AW star Linda Dano appeared on OLTL and AW stars Tom Eplin, Jensen Buchanan, Stephen Schnetzer, and Lisa Peluso all appeared on ATWT the week PASSIONS debuted.

Return to “Passions”