Old Jordan

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
centrd

Old Jordan

Postby centrd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:07 am

So, Vanissa Antoine just posted on Instagram that she's leaving Nova Scotia. Finished with filming Diggstown. No mention if she's going back for another season. All she said was,"So long #NovaScotia Your beauty, your people, your maritime way....never ceases to amaze me. I’ll miss you."

It strikes me odd that the show felt they needed to do a recast of Jordan on GH when hardly anything's happened in the time Vanissa's been gone. They could have had someone fill in for her, with that few scenes.

Nothing against the new actress, but I find it odd.

Rosesareblue

Re: Old Jordan

Postby Rosesareblue » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 am

centrd wrote:So, Vanissa Antoine just posted on Instagram that she's leaving Nova Scotia. Finished with filming Diggstown. No mention if she's going back for another season. All she said was,"So long #NovaScotia Your beauty, your people, your maritime way....never ceases to amaze me. I’ll miss you."

It strikes me odd that the show felt they needed to do a recast of Jordan on GH when hardly anything's happened in the time Vanissa's been gone. They could have had someone fill in for her, with that few scenes.

Yeah sounds like she was let go from GH maybe even fired .

centrd

Postby centrd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:51 am

Rosesareblue wrote:
centrd wrote:So, Vanissa Antoine just posted on Instagram that she's leaving Nova Scotia. Finished with filming Diggstown. No mention if she's going back for another season. All she said was,"So long #NovaScotia Your beauty, your people, your maritime way....never ceases to amaze me. I’ll miss you."

No, she definitely told them she got a new gig, and posted that she was unsure about her status on the show. Thought maybe she'd go to recurring. Then she announced that GH had told her they'd recast the role. I'm surprised because they let other veterans do side projects like this. Doesn't seem like it would have been that hard to work around her schedule, considering she's already finished filming her new series this fast. Or that there haven't been that many scenes where Jordan's presence was essential lately.

Rosesareblue

Postby Rosesareblue » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:55 am

centrd wrote:
Rosesareblue wrote:

No, she definitely told them she got a new gig, and posted that she was unsure about her status on the show. Thought maybe she'd go to recurring. Then she announced that GH had told her they'd recast the role. I'm surprised because they let other veterans do side projects like this. Doesn't seem like it would have been that hard to work around her schedule, considering she's already finished filming her new series this fast. Or that there haven't been that many scenes where Jordan's presence was essential lately.

Well maybe then there is still hope and if new Jordan doesn't work out she can back , I feel new Jordan is very beautiful looks younger and very hard to pass off as commissioner where old Jordan was more firm , also felt she had more chemistry with Curtis but will see it's still early

centrd

Postby centrd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:57 am

Rosesareblue wrote:
centrd wrote:
Rosesareblue wrote:

Well maybe then there is still hope and if new Jordan doesn't work out she can back , I feel new Jordan is very beautiful looks younger and very hard to pass off as commissioner where old Jordan was more firm , also felt she had more chemistry with Curtis but will see it's still early

Yeah, I actually really like NuJordan, but agree, she seems too young for the job. And Vanissa really grew on me over time. She did go on to a bigger opportunity, but who knows how that will work out? If it will get renewed for another season? I just find it interesting how TPTB handled her compared to say, Billy, and his new role in a series, or Hayley Erin, and her new show. At least they SAID Hayley would keep her GH job, but with all the rumors swirling now, it's hard to say. Of course, they're not going to do anything to stop the buzz about Hayley possibly getting killed off/leaving the show, because it's good for ratings.

walkerfan10

Postby walkerfan10 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm

maybe she was just tired of the role or had other interest. She did a good job as Jordan and hopefully the new person will also.

centrd

Postby centrd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 pm

walkerfan10 wrote:maybe she was just tired of the role or had other interest. She did a good job as Jordan and hopefully the new person will also.

No, Vanissa said she was open to doing both shows, but then she got word that GH would recast the character. Vanissa's really good about keeping people up to date on her social media.

irisj728

Postby irisj728 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:27 pm

centrd wrote:
walkerfan10 wrote:maybe she was just tired of the role or had other interest. She did a good job as Jordan and hopefully the new person will also.

No, Vanissa said she was open to doing both shows, but then she got word that GH would recast the character. Vanissa's really good about keeping people up to date on her social media.

I hope they bring the old Jordan back... I don't care for the new one. I remember when they used to make the announcement that so and so would be playing the role of _____. That is what they should have done for Jordan. This Jordan doesn't look the role and she seems weak as compared to the old Jordan and her authoritative ways.

wheezer

Postby wheezer » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 pm

I personally don't care for this nuJordan. She just doesn't come anywhere close to oldJordan's professionalism as a commissioner nor does she have ANY chemistry with Curtis. She's a pretty girl, yes, but so is oldJordan. NuJirdan just does not fit this role. Also, has anyone noticed that she talks with a lisp?

LULIX

Postby LULIX » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:19 am

She was not fired from GH, her contract was up . They wanted her on contract but She said she would go recurring and do both shows but they decided to recast.

She was smart to leave on very good terms.

Return to “General Hospital”