The Emmy's Yay or Nay?

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
lunkaford

The Emmy's Yay or Nay?

Postby lunkaford » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:53 pm

I'm a "no." If I want to listen to political pundits, I'll turn on the news.

MarieDet

Re: The Emmy's Yay or Nay?

Postby MarieDet » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:57 pm

No for the same reason I will never watch that garbage again or have respect for anyone that uses it to voice their stupid opinions.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 am

MarieDet wrote:No for the same reason I will never watch that garbage again or have respect for anyone that uses it to voice their stupid opinions.

I usually watch "red carpet" just to see what the ladies are wearing and avoid the program for the reasons you stated and it's boring to listen to the winner go on and one for hours thanking every living creature they've encountered in their lifetime (and I never understood the winner thanking her KIDS or HUBBY-- for what?)

I tuned in last nite, in between commercials of the MNFootball, and what I saw was awful! The stupid, idiotic "bantering" and trying to joke with each other was asinine--- another big reason I hate these award shows. They're suppose to be ACTORS, so trying to be funny is embarrassing!

lunkaford

Postby lunkaford » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:29 am

Mauimama :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

strangeland

Postby strangeland » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:46 am

I think they are mostly fixed, so no.

centrd

Postby centrd » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:50 am

I saw the wedding proposal and gotta admit, that was one of the best I've seen. Shocked everybody. It was worth watching just for that.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:42 pm

centrd wrote:I saw the wedding proposal and gotta admit, that was one of the best I've seen. Shocked everybody. It was worth watching just for that.

Who proposed to whom? The only thing I would've wanted to see and I only saw the last few seconds of ---
Betty White/...

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Because I didn't see red carpet, I just pulled up "dresses at Emmy" - and omg--- wth was everyone thinking? Each gown got uglier than the one before it and I won't even start on the men's clown suits! If the ladies want their "girls' to be popping out-- they should have a better "foundation" -- they all looked floppy -- not sexy-- even the 'gown cut up to the waist to expose leg" wasn't attractive either! That lady in the bright yellow -- looked like she stuck a pizza pan in the front of her gown, over her boooobies---- gawd awful UGLY!
Sad day when a 96 year old (Betty White) has THE MOST beautiful gown out of the whole lot!

lakotasmommy

Postby lakotasmommy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Nope, and NEVER will! I do not take political "advice" from actors.

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:48 pm

I watched a bit— was bored to death. The only thing I enjoyed was the guy who proposed to his gf. Very sweet.

Who were those two idiot hosts? Yikes. The need to stop televising these too.

Return to “General Hospital”