Open Adoption

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
alissain

Open Adoption

Postby alissain » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:02 am

The only kind of open adoptions I have heard about are when the adoptive parents send pictures of the child to the birth mother and/or supervised visits...NEVER have I heard of the birth mother knowing where her child where her child is but the adoptive parents now knowing who the birth mother is! Imagine how creepy that could get. The birth mother could move next door and the adoptive parents wouldn't know it! She could also be the baby sitter..the teacher etc..could kidnap..be right in their faces and they wouldn't know it..again ..I never heard of it that way...

alissain

Re: Open Adoption

Postby alissain » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:03 am

alissain wrote:The only kind of open adoptions I have heard about are when the adoptive parents send pictures of the child to the birth mother and/or supervised visits...NEVER have I heard of the birth mother knowing where her child is but the adoptive parents not knowing who the birth mother is! Imagine how creepy that could get. The birth mother could move next door and the adoptive parents wouldn't know it! She could also be the baby sitter..the teacher etc..could kidnap..be right in their faces and they wouldn't know it..again ..I never heard of it that way...

alissain

Postby alissain » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:04 am

alissain wrote:The only kind of open adoptions I have heard about are when the adoptive parents send pictures of the child to the birth mother and/or supervised visits...NEVER have I heard of the birth mother knowing where her child is but the adoptive parents not knowing who the birth mother is! Imagine how creepy that could get. The birth mother could move next door and the adoptive parents wouldn't know it! She could also be the baby sitter..the teacher etc..could kidnap..be right in their faces and they wouldn't know it..again ..I never heard of it that way...

alissain

Postby alissain » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:10 am

I'm trying to correct and delete but this awful format won't let me..please see through what I'm trying to say! I hate this format and miss the old one!

lilmom8553

Postby lilmom8553 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:00 pm

alissain, don't worry, you expressed yourself very clearly. & I agree with you, I always thought "Open" adoption meant the BIRTH mother doesn't know who the baby goes to---not the other way around! However, this IS a soap opera & things get turned around in "Soapland!" :lol:

Return to “General Hospital”