CBS vs ABC

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
alissain

CBS vs ABC

Postby alissain » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:54 pm

You know..I just noticed something today since I'm home sick..the Soaps on CBS are only 1/2 hour ( like the old days) versus GH on ABC...I guess we are lucky in that aspect...its always been that way on ABC even when OLTL & AMC were on the air. We think story lines are dragged out in an hour? Imagine if GH was only 1/2 hour!

centrd

Re: CBS vs ABC

Postby centrd » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:58 pm

alissain wrote:You know..I just noticed something today since I'm home sick..the Soaps on CBS are only 1/2 hour ( like the old days) versus GH on ABC...I guess we are lucky in that aspect...its always been that way on ABC even when OLTL & AMC were on the air. We think story lines are dragged out in an hour? Imagine if GH was only 1/2 hour!

Bold and The Beautiful is the only 1/2 soap on CBS or any network. Young & The Restless is an hour.

Sorry you're sick! Feel better!

alissain

Postby alissain » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:43 pm

centrd wrote:
alissain wrote:You know..I just noticed something today since I'm home sick..the Soaps on CBS are only 1/2 hour ( like the old days) versus GH on ABC...I guess we are lucky in that aspect...its always been that way on ABC even when OLTL & AMC were on the air. We think story lines are dragged out in an hour? Imagine if GH was only 1/2 hour!

Bold and The Beautiful is the only 1/2 soap on CBS or any network. Young & The Restless is an hour.

Sorry you're sick! Feel better!

Thankyou...upper respiratory infection
C Pack will get rid of it. Y&R today was only 1/2 hour..maybe there was a reason..anyway..Victor is still as hateful as ever! Goodness..what a mess.

dimplesrgold

Postby dimplesrgold » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Actually, way back in the day, all the soaps were 1/2 hour, GH and OLTL included. Some were even 15 minutes. By the late 70's and early 80's, they expanded to one hour.

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:17 pm

My Y and R was an hour today as it is every day.

snakeye

Postby snakeye » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:05 pm

YES, Victor is an evil basturd......Look in to his eyes, he will send his
own children straight to hell (if he could) as long as he can rule the world :evil:

Evil, manipulating LOSER

alissain

Postby alissain » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:32 am

snakeye wrote:YES, Victor is an evil basturd......Look in to his eyes, he will send his
own children straight to hell (if he could) as long as he can rule the world :evil:

Evil, manipulating LOSER

Imagine him going up against Sonny! Or even crossing Julian..WOW!

centrd

Postby centrd » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:36 pm

alissain wrote:
snakeye wrote:YES, Victor is an evil basturd......Look in to his eyes, he will send his

Evil, manipulating LOSER

Imagine him going up against Sonny! Or even crossing Julian..WOW!

I got so tired of Victor. One reason I stopped watching. He never pays for his crimes. I've heard it said many times that it's in his contract to always come out on top. I never believed it, but you seriously have to wonder. The horrible things he's done, over and over and over? I can't stand the character. And yet he's the show's cornerstone, apparently.

Sonny doesn't even come close to Victor's manipulations or his level of evil. Sonny would never intentionally manipulate his own children to get what he wants, set them up, trick them, interfere in their lives, etc. I've never seen Sonny do anything like that, whereas Victor wouldn't think twice before selling out his own children if it benefited him. As unseemly as it was, I was honestly glad when his kids sued him for billions. Such a despicable character. He deserves so much worse.

kingreed

Postby kingreed » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:43 pm

But the soaps on CBS are also much better then GH is on ABC and the ratings prove it. GH could have been a great soap if the executives would bring back the old GH and this new GH that has nothing love scenes. Also if GH could be better if they would bring back those great people who actually helped put GH on the map of success.

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 pm

kingreed wrote:But the soaps on CBS are also much better then GH is on ABC and the ratings prove it. GH could have been a great soap if the executives would bring back the old GH and this new GH that has nothing love scenes. Also if GH could be better if they would bring back those great people who actually helped put GH on the map of success.
u
Well, we are all entitled to our opinions but I respectfully disagree. B&B seems like it has no writers- it's like they send their actors in and tell them to do whatever they did 5 years ago.
Y&R is pretty good but they threw out their original premise for the show. The sets are old, most of the couples are rerun couples. Not much romance if any.

Return to “General Hospital”