GH is in 4th place now

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Dkingz1130

GH is in 4th place now

Postby Dkingz1130 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Never thought I seen the day Days of our Lives took theor spot! GH needs to step it up!

lakotasmommy

Re: GH is in 4th place now

Postby lakotasmommy » Sun May 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Dkingz1130 wrote:Never thought I seen the day Days of our Lives took theor spot! GH needs to step it up!

Yes, they need to step it up regarding the writing. Often, the lead in shows can also have an impact on ratings, and I despise "The Chew", I NEVER watch it. I am not blaming the Chew on decreased GH viewership, but I believe if there was a stronger, more popular line up, GH would be doing better in the ratings. Wish they would bring back either One Life to Live or All my Children. Perhaps even a combo of the 2 shows. It used be great to veg in the afternoon to 3 soaps (when I got to stay home), or watch them after work. I sincerely pray ABC does not cancel GH.

alissain

Postby alissain » Sun May 20, 2018 3:24 pm

GH needs to stop using the same old story lines over and over again is probably one of the reasons its slipping. Stop it with the baby switches..that's old and worn out...stop glorifying the Mob would be another suggestion!

jaysonice

Postby jaysonice » Sun May 20, 2018 3:44 pm

alissain wrote:GH needs to stop using the same old story lines over and over again is probably one of the reasons its slipping. Stop it with the baby switches..that's old and worn out...stop glorifying the Mob would be another suggestion!

Honestly? When Sonny/Carly and Jason were in true Mob storylines GH was interesting.

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun May 20, 2018 4:31 pm

lakotasmommy wrote:
Dkingz1130 wrote:Never thought I seen the day Days of our Lives took theor spot! GH needs to step it up!

Yes, they need to step it up regarding the writing. Often, the lead in shows can also have an impact on ratings, and I despise "The Chew", I NEVER watch it. I am not blaming the Chew on decreased GH viewership, but I believe if there was a stronger, more popular line up, GH would be doing better in the ratings. Wish they would bring back either One Life to Live or All my Children. Perhaps even a combo of the 2 shows. It used be great to veg in the afternoon to 3 soaps (when I got to stay home), or watch them after work. I sincerely pray ABC does not cancel GH.

That's a great point about The Chew being a poor lead-in. The lead-in definitely impacts the following show's ratings.

I'm with you. I HATE The Chew, and all those shows like it, to be honest. They do them because they're so cheap to produce and they make money even with lower ratings.

JaSamG4L

Postby JaSamG4L » Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm

jaysonice wrote:
alissain wrote:GH needs to stop using the same old story lines over and over again is probably one of the reasons its slipping. Stop it with the baby switches..that's old and worn out...stop glorifying the Mob would be another suggestion!

Honestly? When Sonny/Carly and Jason were in true Mob storylines GH was interesting.

Agreed. When the writing was good, I found the mob side of GH very interesting.

ransomha

Postby ransomha » Sun May 20, 2018 5:31 pm

jaysonice wrote:

I AGREE! We need MORE mob s/l's as there hasn't been one in ages. That's what sets GH apart.

crimsontyd

Postby crimsontyd » Sun May 20, 2018 6:09 pm

jaysonice wrote:

Exactly the ratings were really good back then. They are in the toilet because of bad decisions by Frank Valentini and seriously boring writing. Too many newbies too many characters in general too much dragging out of stories that are boring to begin with. Too many over used stories and TOO predictable stories. I mean who didn’t know Maxie would be in labor OUTSIDE and it would be Henrik with her. Too much jerking fan bases around just for fan wars. News flash IT DOESN’T work!

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun May 20, 2018 8:13 pm

crimsontyd wrote:
jaysonice wrote:

Exactly the ratings were really good back then. They are in the toilet because of bad decisions by Frank Valentini and seriously boring writing. Too many newbies too many characters in general too much dragging out of stories that are boring to begin with. Too many over used stories and TOO predictable stories. I mean who didn’t know Maxie would be in labor OUTSIDE and it would be Henrik with her. Too much jerking fan bases around just for fan wars. News flash IT DOESN’T work!

You should be complaining to the ABC exec in charge of daytime about their decisions, not the people who run the day to day and DO know what works and what doesn't. It's the suits who make the boneheaded moves and ruin everything. I'd start with Nathan Varni.

crimsontyd

Postby crimsontyd » Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Exactly the ratings were really good back then. They are in the toilet because of bad decisions by Frank Valentini and seriously boring writing. Too many newbies too many characters in general too much dragging out of stories that are boring to begin with. Too many over used stories and TOO predictable stories. I mean who didn’t know Maxie would be in labor OUTSIDE and it would be Henrik with her. Too much jerking fan bases around just for fan wars. News flash IT DOESN’T work![/quote]

You should be complaining to the ABC exec in charge of daytime about their decisions, not the people who run the day to day and DO know what works and what doesn't. It's the suits who make the boneheaded moves and ruin everything. I'd start with Nathan Varni.[/quot

Well apparently they DON’T know what works and what doesn’t. The suits aren’t writing scripts. And leading storylines. They are looking at numbers, advertisers production. Nathan Varni and Frank Valentini run those things. It’s no ONE character or couple or storyline responsible for it all. Because it’s always going to be someone not happy. It just is. But everybody unhappy at once is a problem.

Return to “General Hospital”