GH is in 4th place now

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
centrd

Re: GH is in 4th place now

Postby centrd » Mon May 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Rosesareblue wrote:IN my humble opinion it has nothing to do with actors, acting ,newbies or veterans on GH , I like they bring in new blood after a while you get sick and tired of seeing same faces with no juicy story I just think Abc is not doing a good job with the schedule also the fact there is NO other soap on ABC to follow GH or before it and have these stupid silly shows before GH doesn't help I don't know what chew is I DVR GH since I can't watch it when it comes on but some fans wanting Nelle dead I mean I'm sorry how is that going to help the ratings ? I don't like some characters on the show either but wishing them dead won't make the soap better and why would they get rid of talented actors ? You know whats going to happen? They will be replaced with someone new you won't like and complain again ,I actually like the stories they have going on I just don't like when writers change their minds based on what fans want or what they think they want -I'm actually glad they stick to Franco and Liz l, example Sam recently has been written like she's a different person out of character things she says and does and some of you Jasam fans think by getting them together will help the ratings ? It won't ,Steve burton return was not as exciting I personally think Steve Burton may not be as happy on the show
I don't watch other soaps I don't have time so I'm happy with it and 4th place is not bad ratings on soaps go up and down ,so if some of you get your wish and they kill of Nelle GH supposedly according to some of you it will be number one for 1 week so ? Then what?

I agree 1000%. Which means 10 times over, I agree with you. :)

Soapsme

Postby Soapsme » Mon May 21, 2018 3:10 pm

centrd wrote:
taramartin wrote:This breaks my heart, I love GH. I watch all 4 and to me none of the others is even a close second to GH. Maybe it was a fluke.

Let's hope. And I agree with you, none of the others come close. But the writing has been off lately and their ratings have been steadily declining.

Let's hope they can turn this thing around.

Oh I hope it's a fluke....I stopped watching B&B because it's gotten so bad and GH is nowhere near their bad writing.

Dberels16

Postby Dberels16 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:04 pm

I was recording “Days of Our Lives” and GH but Days got so bad that I quit . (No, just because they have gays and interracial couples doesn’t do it for me) As another poster stated GH does not seem to care about fan opinion or ratings. They should have kept Hayden and Laura. Recast Nathan (Chase would have been a great recast) and recast Nicholas ( Nick Stabile ). Maxie and Nathan were a cute couple. The Cassidine’s were an intriguing family, more than just Valentine . The fact that they don’t write like they used to is why the ratings drop. I must add my plea to the others PLEASE NO BABY SWITCH OR KIDNAPPING!

centrd

Postby centrd » Mon May 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Dberels16 wrote:I was recording “Days of Our Lives” and GH but Days got so bad that I quit .

Same for me, but I was recording B&B and Y&R. Then deleting them without watching. Finally deleted the series from my DVR because I felt annoyed everytime I saw an episode on my list.

I'll turn the tv on occasionally to see what's going on on all 3 soaps, but I'm NEVER interested. Not even the slightest. It's always the same exact thing I saw last time.

I always liked that GH took a more fanciful approach, more out there stories. I mean some of the stories are just ridiculous, but still, it's more entertaining than anything I see on those other soaps.

centrd

Postby centrd » Mon May 21, 2018 5:38 pm

Plus their production values are WAY beyond those other soaps. And their casting is amazing.

slaterlvr

Postby slaterlvr » Mon May 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Are we really surprised with the ratings ?. The writing sucks IMO lol. Writing to keep fan wars going, stories dragging out to the point you no longer care when they do give an ending, characterso being written OOC...I still can't wrap my head around Sonny doubting Carly about being gaslighted...I am sick of the JaSam Dreams dance, I am sick of Drew being stuck with Jason's memories. The Charles Street story has gotten boring, don't even get me started with this Heidrick crap...just reveal him already !!!. If they do a baby switch that will further confirm my suspicion that these writers are phoning it in.

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Mon May 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Good bye Jason and Spinelli. Maybe even Samantha

Return to “General Hospital”