Speculation: Baby switch storyline coming!

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
TreeBuild

Speculation: Baby switch storyline coming!

Postby TreeBuild » Sun May 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Maxie in labor + Nelle at the hospital + Brad and Lucas' babymama also going into labor soon = garanteed baby switch in Soapworld!
One of these babies is not going to make it. Probably Nelle's. It's always the villain who loses and steals the baby.

I'd be surprised if it wouldn't happen.

alissain

Re: Speculation: Baby switch storyline coming!

Postby alissain » Sun May 20, 2018 3:20 pm

I will be fast forwarding through it until it is over then since the non imaginative writers are going to do the same old thing over and over and over and over and over etc etc..yawn..zz z

GHStars

Postby GHStars » Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 pm

YUP! The writing is on the wall.
Not sure how it's going to happen but with Nasty Nell in GH and Maxie about to give birth, the switch is coming. and the other adoptive mom coming on the scene, too. It's too confusing to even come up with an idea of how this is gonna play out, or a motive for Nell to be part of it. But the writers seem to have a gift for making these things as confusing as possible.

fightcrab

Postby fightcrab » Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 pm

TreeBuild wrote:Maxie in labor + Nelle at the hospital + Brad and Lucas' babymama also going into labor soon = garanteed baby switch in Soapworld!
One of these babies is not going to make it. Probably Nelle's. It's always the villain who loses and steals the baby.

I would hate such s/l. I don't want any baby to die. I want Nell's baby to do ok.

eli10

Postby eli10 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

It is a tired old SL and I don't know anyone that likes the baby switch SL Just don't do it try something new. Watching Nell with a baby could be interesting. Maxie would be a hoot with an infant. The boys with a baby would be refreshing and ground breaking. I know it is a soap but I have always been creeped out when they mess with babies

fightcrab

Postby fightcrab » Sun May 20, 2018 7:15 pm

My Dil gave birth just recently. The baby never left her room. And my son was there all the time. How is it even possible to switch babies nowadays?

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun May 20, 2018 7:44 pm

eli10 wrote:It is a tired old SL and I don't know anyone that likes the baby switch SL Just don't do it try something new. Watching Nell with a baby could be interesting. Maxie would be a hoot with an infant. The boys with a baby would be refreshing and ground breaking. I know it is a soap but I have always been creeped out when they mess with babies

I so agree. So many things they could do around a baby's birth. To get back at Nelle, Carly could start setting her up to lose custody of the baby, for example. Or I wouldn't even mind a sick baby and a long-lost family member showing up as much as I mind this old trope.

Anything but a baby switch! I'm going to close my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears and yell 'la la la la la' every time the switch story appears on my screen. :x

Rosesareblue

Postby Rosesareblue » Sun May 20, 2018 8:23 pm

I would hate it too they could do different baby drama , like Maxie having hard time bonding with her baby Maxie will have so much to deal with now finding out who peter is her feelings for him a baby to raise alone, why bring a baby switch story ? I think the baby switch story is a red herring , any baby switching that may happen will have to do with Nelle and Brad something these two are cooking together

HOWEVER if it did happen this is only scenario I can think of , Peter delivers the baby ambulance arrives takes baby Maxie to the hospital the baby it's premature couple of weeks , it will be hospitalized , Peter knowing Maxie is safe at the hospital will leave to go find meet his mother Anna , if Peter gets hurt like it's rumored shot by Jason this will take out peter for a little while ,Maxie will be alone ,while Maxies baby is hospitalized Nelle goes into labor her baby doesn't make it she will be devasted without a baby she can't hold on to Michael , Brad works there they have a deal or something he does the baby switching
UNLESS this was their deal all along for her to give birth give the baby to Brad after Carly causes a tragic accident to make her appear guilty this way Nelle thinks Michael will stay with her to help her cope bringing them together and it could happen Nelle Micahel falling in love all over again only Michael to find out the truth months from now or a year to be devasted again he got duped .

edith8087

Postby edith8087 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:12 pm

I don't want any baby dieing. Not even Nell's. However the way it's already playing out you know something will happen. Nell in hospital and Maxie on her way. Next will be the mama baby for Brad/Lucas . Maybe that is Hayden's? If Brad was in on taking Carly' s grandbaby then when Lucas finds out that will the end to them. Plus I can't see Nell giving her and Michael's baby away. Hey she is a little creepy. I guess anything's possible. This sounds more like a Lifetime movie. :lol:

LULIX

Postby LULIX » Mon May 21, 2018 2:54 am

TreeBuild wrote:Maxie in labor + Nelle at the hospital + Brad and Lucas' babymama also going into labor soon = garanteed baby switch in Soapworld!

Brad and Lucas are on once a month sometimes not even that. I can’t imagine the writers wasting time on any SL like a baby switch on them. But Lucas should be a Maine character but he is just a recurring filler.

Return to “General Hospital”