Faison's DNA

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Palski

Faison's DNA

Postby Palski » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:21 am

Scott's findings suggest that whoever is Faison's child is a threat? Britt was no angel. :D Nathan was a great guy. Any thoughts?

Rosesareblue

Re: Faison's DNA

Postby Rosesareblue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 am

Palski wrote:Scott's findings suggest that whoever is Faison's child is a threat? Britt was no angel. :D Nathan was a great guy. Any thoughts?

Scott said this? Or this is upcoming spoiler ? If he actually said that makes no sense , according to his logic even Maxie's baby may be viewed as threat in the future , all fiasons children were not raised by him even Peter which he kicked around peters own words and was shipped off to boarding schools ,Nathan was the best Brit actually did show times of empathy she was a great stepmom to spencer and loved Nikolas and I think peter is somewhere in between like Brit and Nathan , peter is more genuine with Maxie.

Palski

Postby Palski » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:50 pm

Rosesareblue wrote:
Palski wrote:Scott's findings suggest that whoever is Faison's child is a threat? Britt was no angel. :D Nathan was a great guy. Any thoughts?

Scott said this? Or this is upcoming spoiler ? If he actually said that makes no sense , according to his logic even Maxie's baby may be viewed as threat in the future , all fiasons children were not raised by him even Peter which he kicked around peters own words and was shipped off to boarding schools ,Nathan was the best Brit actually did show times of empathy she was a great stepmom to spencer and loved Nikolas and I think peter is somewhere in between like Brit and Nathan , peter is more genuine with Maxie.
He said the brain he dissected had a genetic disease. I assumed that brain was Faison's.

centrd

Postby centrd » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:20 pm

Palski wrote:
Rosesareblue wrote:

He said the brain he dissected had a genetic disease. I assumed that brain was Faison's.

Kevin said Faison's brain showed that he had Huntington's Disease which is a genetic brain disorder. People who have it pass it to one or more of their children or grandchildren. The odds of inheriting it are high. So all of his kids, and even grandkids are at risk of having it. That includes Peter, Britt, and Maxie's baby.

Not a fun disease. Very scary for the kids knowing they could develop the symptoms themselves.

centrd

Postby centrd » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Maxie needs to be told. Surely Kevin knows that. They can test whether the child has the defective gene that causes it. That would have been a good storyline but now that she's so far along I can't imagine they'd have a story where the mother would consider aborting.

The trouble with Huntington's is it can strike when people are in their twenties and it's a devastating disease. Sort of ruins people's futures if they get in when young because life expectancy is like 10-15 years. I'm kind of surprised Faison wasn't showing symptoms long before. But then, he was kind of a mess. Maybe he was?...slurred speech, shaky/jerky movements, muscle problems, trouble swallowing, abnormal eye movements, etc. Also lack of impulse control (yes for Faison), sexual promiscuity (yes) cognitive difficulties, inability to learn something new, OCD, (yes, as far as Anna was concerned). Unaware of one's own abilities or lack thereof? Mania (yes), inflated self-esteem (yes)

The list honestly goes on and on...if someone starts showing symptoms in their 20s, they don't' have a long life ahead of them. Means they can't ethically consider having a family, etc.

I think there's some romantic movie about this...or maybe it was a Lifetime movie...lol...something messed up and sad, that's for sure.

Soapsme

Postby Soapsme » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:53 pm

I know I know..... but my mind automatically went to Jason with his brain illness and Drew as his brother, could that hold the key to Faison's fascination with them? But then again we have Franco and his brain and where that led him .....actually it led all three of them in each other orbit ....I think I'm over thinking this :lol:

centrd

Postby centrd » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Soapsme wrote:I know I know..... but my mind automatically went to Jason with his brain illness and Drew as his brother, could that hold the key to Faison's fascination with them? But then again we have Franco and his brain and where that led him .....actually it led all three of them in each other orbit ....I think I'm over thinking this :lol:

lol...I think that's what they want us to do. :?

Rosesareblue

Postby Rosesareblue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Palski wrote:
Rosesareblue wrote:

That is too bad I also read posts below what kind of disease this is , Which explains why fiason maybe was doing these tests on Jason /drew , I hope fiasons remaining children don't have it I don't think they since they are in their 30's or Maxie's baby something tells me that this will be a storyline in the future for Maxie baby and Peter

Aplepie

Postby Aplepie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 pm

When Kevin received the lab reports, I thought they were going to show that Nathan was not Faison's son. I could see Maxie flipping out that he died for no reason, a mistake. I did think of the chances of her baby inheriting the illness.

Jason doesn't have a brain illness. He sustained brain damage in a car accident. That would not be genetic.

I wonder if Andre being back, and resuming his work with memory will include Mike's Alzheimers diagnosis. Max Gail is hitting it out of the park with his portrayal. It is heartbreaking.

Return to “General Hospital”