OMG! Why does Ava have constantly to pay...

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
RobynH

OMG! Why does Ava have constantly to pay...

Postby RobynH » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

For her sins while the rest of the town can walk around with their heads held high? Today was so enlightening for me. One thing I did notice is that, unlike Sonny, Ava is remorseful for her actions. Sonny, on the other hand, feels as long as he admits he is an S.O.B., his actions are acceptable. Ironically, so does most of the town. I’m just really tired of the way Ava is treated compared to Sonny. Also, I still don’t understand how Ava has no rights to Avery! All this is just crap!

Chococat1492

Re: OMG! Why does Ava have constantly to pay...

Postby Chococat1492 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:33 pm

RobynH wrote:For her sins while the rest of the town can walk around with their heads held high? Today was so enlightening for me. One thing I did notice is that, unlike Sonny, Ava is remorseful for her actions. Sonny, on the other hand, feels as long as he admits he is an S.O.B., his actions are acceptable. Ironically, so does most of the town. I’m just really tired of the way Ava is treated compared to Sonny. Also, I still don’t understand how Ava has no rights to Avery! All this is just crap!

PREACH!!
We all know that Ava and Sonny are both hellions. I’m sick and tired of Sonny and Carly walking around like they are the best parents on earth! NOT!! Ava should stop whining and fight for custody of her daughter Avery. We all know that Avery is actually Morgan’s daughter(this will be discovered in many moons). If People truly know that Ava killed someone, why isn’t she in jail. Oh yeah, this is a soap opera, monsters and murderers don’t go to jail, just psychiatrists are jailed for mind mapping. What a freakin joke. Ava should have the opportunity to parent Avery and/or at least have visitation.

sjogirl

Postby sjogirl » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Chococat1492 wrote:
RobynH wrote:For her sins while the rest of the town can walk around with their heads held high? Today was so enlightening for me. One thing I did notice is that, unlike Sonny, Ava is remorseful for her actions. Sonny, on the other hand, feels as long as he admits he is an S.O.B., his actions are acceptable. Ironically, so does most of the town. I’m just really tired of the way Ava is treated compared to Sonny. Also, I still don’t understand how Ava has no rights to Avery! All this is just crap!

PREACH!!
We all know that Ava and Sonny are both hellions. I’m sick and tired of Sonny and Carly walking around like they are the best parents on earth! NOT!! Ava should stop whining and fight for custody of her daughter Avery. We all know that Avery is actually Morgan’s daughter(this will be discovered in many moons). If People truly know that Ava killed someone, why isn’t she in jail. Oh yeah, this is a soap opera, monsters and murderers don’t go to jail, just psychiatrists are jailed for mind mapping. What a freakin joke. Ava should have the opportunity to parent Avery and/or at least have visitation.

I have always hoped Avery was Morgan’s & Carly switched the results so there would be no link between Ava & her precious Morgan.

Stilitia

Postby Stilitia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 pm

sjogirl wrote:
I have always hoped Avery was Morgan’s & Carly switched the results so there would be no link between Ava & her precious Morgan.

I hoped the same thing, didn't care for Sonny get yet another child lol He has plenty :lol:

dajfredesco

Postby dajfredesco » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Chococat1492 wrote:

PREACH!!

Oh my gosh you said it all. There are so many murderers in PC yet somehow Ava is the worse smh. She's not a child abuser so there's no way the court wouldn't allow her to see her child. And here we go again with the baby hoarder Carly keeping another child from their biological parent.
Ugh I'm so annoyed Andre and Sean are in jail yet Sonny, Alexis and all of the real murderers are free :?

centrd

Postby centrd » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 pm

The reason people have no sympathy for Ava and why she hasn't been redeemed is because she shows no remorse. All she does is make excuses and blame other people.

Even Julian, of all people, can see that and told her as much. But she won't listen. I've seen Sonny torn up over his actions, praying about them, etc. I've never once seen Ava act contrite. It doesn't take much to get most people's sympathy. Clearly, the writers want her to remain the bad guy. Especially after that episode yesterday where she still couldn't admit any of her actual crimes. Just continued to make excuses and point at others. Others doing wrong doesn't somehow make her actions right.

Stilitia

Postby Stilitia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:51 pm

centrd wrote:The reason people have no sympathy for Ava and why she hasn't been redeemed is because she shows no remorse. All she does is make excuses and blame other people.

Even Julian, of all people, can see that and told her as much. But she won't listen. I've seen Sonny torn up over his actions, praying about them, etc. I've never once seen Ava act contrite. It doesn't take much to get most people's sympathy. Clearly, the writers want her to remain the bad guy. Especially after that episode yesterday where she still couldn't admit any of her actual crimes. Just continued to make excuses and point at others. Others doing wrong doesn't somehow make her actions right.

I really liked the way you put it. It's pretty easy (well most of the time) for fans to end up forgiving characters if they own it. And like you said Ava seems to be in the habbit of not doing that

monicalewis

Postby monicalewis » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:38 pm

Both Ava and her brother are paying for what they did and I'm fine with that. These two have done major damage. Ava murdered a woman in cold blood to protect what, her brother's secret? And what she did to Morgan who lost his life also. How the he!! are Sonny and Carly and the rest of their family suppose to get over that? No one cares or remembers that Julian killed Carlos but they remember their loved ones that these two have taken out.

Bizlet

Postby Bizlet » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Stilitia wrote:
sjogirl wrote:

I hoped the same thing, didn't care for Sonny get yet another child lol He has plenty :lol:

If Avery had been Morgan's Carly still would have ended up stealing her from Ava, but ITA I so wanted Avery to Morgan's.

RobynH

Postby RobynH » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:37 pm

centrd wrote:The reason people have no sympathy for Ava and why she hasn't been redeemed is because she shows no remorse. All she does is make excuses and blame other people.

What sure you watching?! She’s always been remorseful for switching pills on Morgan. And by the fact that her subconscious lets her be haunted, in dreams, about all her misdeeds, show she’s remorseful. Sonny’s mentality is if I own who I am then its all OK, is BS. I guess you are another Sonny lover. Someone who can overlook all his faults and misdeeds because he admits he’s a bad guy.

Return to “General Hospital”