Liberal Agenda

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
sjogirl

Re: Liberal Agenda

Postby sjogirl » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:57 am

2much time wrote:No problem! I certainly did not think you were bullying...I was referring only to the storyline. Until your post I wasn’t even aware there was a Republican thread...that would not be my cup of tea as bashing Democrats means bashing actual people instead of a fictional soap opera character.

I know there are intolerant conservatives out there...I see the rants on Facebook :lol:...just know we are not all like that...in fact, I do not personally know any like that. I am sorry if I came off angry or accusatory because I wasn’t either.

After I reread your original post to I realized you weren't directing your comment to me but to the storyline. Again I am sorry for being defensive! :arrow: :oops: (this embarrassed emoji is getting a workout!) Sjogirl, you sound like a kind, compassionate, lovely person even if we may disagree on issues we can't discuss here! :lol: Thank you for posting back and clearing things up for me! :D[/quote]

Don’t be embarrassed! That is what happens in any medium where someones voice & tone cannot be heard. :D

2much time

Postby 2much time » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:14 pm

sjogirl wrote:
2much time wrote:No problem! I certainly did not think you were bullying...I was referring only to the storyline. Until your post I wasn’t even aware there was a Republican thread...that would not be my cup of tea as bashing Democrats means bashing actual people instead of a fictional soap opera character.

I know there are intolerant conservatives out there...I see the rants on Facebook :lol:...just know we are not all like that...in fact, I do not personally know any like that. I am sorry if I came off angry or accusatory because I wasn’t either.

After I reread your original post to I realized you weren't directing your comment to me but to the storyline. Again I am sorry for being defensive! :arrow: :oops: (this embarrassed emoji is getting a workout!) Sjogirl, you sound like a kind, compassionate, lovely person even if we may disagree on issues we can't discuss here! :lol: Thank you for posting back and clearing things up for me! :D

Don’t be embarrassed! That is what happens in any medium where someones voice & tone cannot be heard. :D[/quote]

Ain't that the truth! This is why I love/hate texting, posting etc.

Evie7

Postby Evie7 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:03 pm

centrd wrote:I'd buy your explanation, OP, except you called it a "liberal agenda". The storyline is exploring bullying and tolerance. By calling it a "liberal agenda" you're basically saying that the "conservative agenda" supports bullying and intolerance.

Bullying is a huge problem in this country and the more light shone on the practice the better.

Thank you if I didn't realize that bullying was just something that just would bother people w/ a liberal agenda I find it very silly to label something that has become a big problem in society as a political problem.

BuffaloDanielle

Postby BuffaloDanielle » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:12 pm

snakeye wrote:Soooo, you just admitted that Liberals care about kids being bullied, and Conservatives don't. And that is mostly true. I disagree with your post, but not to argue but all of the soaps address current & personal issues. ALL OF THEM. From Alcoholism, drug abuse, bipolar, alzheimer's, MS to personal stuff like divorce, affairs, pregnancy, you name it. :|

No, that is not mostly true at all. Please don’t make untrue statements like that.

I don’t think OP is referring to bullying being a Liberal agenda.

centrd

Postby centrd » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 pm

BuffaloDanielle wrote:
snakeye wrote:Soooo, you just admitted that Liberals care about kids being bullied, and Conservatives don't. And that is mostly true. I disagree with your post, but not to argue but all of the soaps address current & personal issues. ALL OF THEM. From Alcoholism, drug abuse, bipolar, alzheimer's, MS to personal stuff like divorce, affairs, pregnancy, you name it. :|

No, that is not mostly true at all. Please don’t make untrue statements like that.

Well, she titled the topic, "Liberal Agenda" so not sure how you can interpret it as anything else.

Stilitia

Postby Stilitia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:54 am

centrd wrote:
BuffaloDanielle wrote:

Well, she titled the topic, "Liberal Agenda" so not sure how you can interpret it as anything else.

Would be good if the OP would chime in here and explain what it is that they see as a liberal agenda...

monicalewis

Postby monicalewis » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:34 am

jca12321 wrote:I don't watch soaps, or TV for that matter to have another liberal agenda shoved down my throat. ABC needs to back off the current headlines and stick with a soap opera story. Many of us watch TV to escape our own lives. After all nothing could be as bad as some of the stories on soap operas, and everyone can dress great even when they don't have money.

So, please keep the politics and agendas out of General Hospital. I don't watch the news anymore because of the garbage that is spouted out of people's mouths. Let me have my soap, please.

GH is pushing their own little private agenda's. Just like for one freaking day they had aunt big mouth Stella and Jordan on the same side about hiding a illegal there in the hospital. Yelp Jordan lied to ICE. I was thinking WTF is this doing on GH. I figured someone on the staff had a personal encounter regarding this matter. As for Jocelyn and her dance, I will be ff, I don't care to watch the politics on a soap.

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:33 pm

They are doing this so Julian will be redeemed...he has his cafe and will probably safe that obnoxious gals life..the one who hates him with puss on all the time forget her name as I usually ff her.......I hope Julian ends up with the dr she's loverly Alexis looks like a disheveled drunk ..

Glo4u

Postby Glo4u » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Wow, now they have a Liberal agenda, well if that is what you call it, hooray for them. All the soaps through the years have some way or another tackled everyday issues, bullying, fat shaming, rape etc. So you don't watch politics, what has that got to do with everyday life that goes on everyday. Just because I haven't been bullied does not mean that I should not have compassion for someone who has. I guess these days only a Republican would feel that if it isn't happening to me, not my problem. So now I am Republican shaming but if Liberals are the only ones who can have compassion then I am surely glad to put myself in that category. Always be proud of who you are and what you think unless what you think you are ashamed of. Don't blame it on the Soaps, they are trying to make it as real as possible.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:14 am

jca12321 wrote:I don't watch soaps, or TV for that matter to have another liberal agenda shoved down my throat. ABC needs to back off the current headlines and stick with a soap opera story. Many of us watch TV to escape our own lives. After all nothing could be as bad as some of the stories on soap operas, and everyone can dress great even when they don't have money.

So, please keep the politics and agendas out of General Hospital. I don't watch the news anymore because of the garbage that is spouted out of people's mouths. Let me have my soap, please.

Either you intended to post this on the republican political board or this is a bait thread. :roll:

Return to “General Hospital”