Jason and Michael conversation, touching but...

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
sillystring

Jason and Michael conversation, touching but...

Postby sillystring » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 pm

...totally unnecessary.

Has Michael (ie writers) forgotten Michael isn't a stranger to raising babies? Even though it was temporary he had custody of Avery when she was a baby and he raised Teddy in his early months before Sabrina was killed. The way he talked to Jason it was like he never had those experiences.

BrendaMorganQ

Re: Jason and Michael conversation, touching but...

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:05 pm

I'm thinking that Nelle's playing up of her condition has him worried that he is not being kind and not being a good father by not supporting her. Jason telling him that she is not his problem is the best advice he can give. Michael is a softy regardless of how hard he tries to be, he wants everyone to get along. Nelle knows how to work his guilt against him and she gave it a good shot in the arm today.

centrd

Postby centrd » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 pm

sillystring wrote:...totally unnecessary.

Has Michael (ie writers) forgotten Michael isn't a stranger to raising babies? Even though it was temporary he had custody of Avery when she was a baby and he raised Teddy in his early months before Sabrina was killed. The way he talked to Jason it was like he never had those experiences.

I have to agree. The whole thing felt like some parallel universe where Michael knows nothing about parenting and Jason knows everything? Hell, Michael's practically had more experience than Jason, although Jason was great with Micheal as a baby, no doubt about that.

Just feels like the writers are changing history to suit plot purposes and it rings false.

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:01 am

Jason is back so Michael was able to turn to him, his situation with Nelle is not a good one - even though he definitely has baby experience I guess Michael could feel the need for some reassurance. I just liked seeing them together.
The actors who play Michael and Jason really look related to me - same shape of face, cheekbones, eye and hair color.

Lanaer1

Postby Lanaer1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:13 am

Michael does not have experience with being a father to his own child and with someone like Nelle. This is forever no take backs. So I could see him freaking out and wanting the reassurance of Jason who can do that without being pushy or condemning the baby’s mother.

sillystring

Postby sillystring » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:22 pm

Lanaer1 wrote:Michael does not have experience with being a father to his own child and with someone like Nelle. This is forever no take backs. So I could see him freaking out and wanting the reassurance of Jason who can do that without being pushy or condemning the baby’s mother.

I understand this is his own child so his feelings may be a bit different but when he was raising Teddy he thought that was forever too. He had no idea that Sabrina would be killed and he would lose teddy.. He was also a young adult when Joss was a baby so no matter how you look at it he has plenty of experience with babies and could probably give Jason a tip or two.

I did love the scene regardless and I do want to see more Jason/Michael bonding moments.

JaSamG4L

Postby JaSamG4L » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:44 pm

It seemed more about Nelle to me but I could be wrong

fighterm

Postby fighterm » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:I'm thinking that Nelle's playing up of her condition has him worried that he is not being kind and not being a good father by not supporting her. Jason telling him that she is not his problem is the best advice he can give. Michael is a softy regardless of how hard he tries to be, he wants everyone to get along. Nelle knows how to work his guilt against him and she gave it a good shot in the arm today.

Nelle is not playing up her condition. She really has one kidney and that is a big disadvantage.
Nelle loves him and wants to be loved back. Michael's talk to Jason was ridiculous. As the other poster said he was around babies enough.

JaSamG4L

Postby JaSamG4L » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Nelle doesn't act like a woman in love, she acts like a gold digger and she's not even good at it :lol:

fighterm

Postby fighterm » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:39 pm

JaSamG4L wrote:Nelle doesn't act like a woman in love, she acts like a gold digger and she's not even good at it :lol:

Well, Jax offered her one million $ for her kidney and said the offer is always on the table, but she refused. Does not look like a gold digger to me.

Return to “General Hospital”