#Killy #Dream Appreciation

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
crazyaunt

Re: #Killy #Dream Appreciation

Postby crazyaunt » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:24 pm

centrd wrote:
KeMoCrush wrote:I'm ok with Kelly leaving. Her work is being destroyed by TPTB. Although I would love to blame Steve B., he's not wholly to blame. this is on the writers. They were there when she was working hard to make Silas, Patrick, Jake, NuJason, and Drew work, and they still trashed her work. So, why stay?

With that said, i would love to see GH turn the Sam character around. At this point, if she not with Drew or Jason, i can accept that. What i can't accept is Sam forgetting she shot Sonny to keep her family safe. How Sam agreed to start aurura to keep her family safe. How she choose not to be around Carly and Sonny, not that Drew made her do it.

I'm also sick of this trying to convince us crap that Sam wants to be a PI. We get it, but check this out, Sam was a PI with Silas, with Patrick, with Jake Doe, and with Jason, so why the heck do we need to be convinced?

I'm sick of GH, not because they broke up Dream, but because they trashed Kelly's work, they trashed Billy's work, they are putting Jason in scenarios that make no sense, they allow Laura to take promo shots with her boyfriend, they made Ana into a nitwit, and the list goes on.

I don't look at much of GH. I watched about 5 shows in the last 2 months. I recognize, I'm part of the problem. I'm part of why the ratings are down. and if GH is canceled, I've contributed. I don't like it, but what choice do I have to get my voice heard. To have the writers make this show into something that makes sense?

Ok. I'm done.... :lol: :lol:

Actually, if you don't have a Nielsen box, ABC doesn't know or care if you're watching. :( Sad but true. They need to find a better method of determining ratings because Nielsen is too limited, IMO. ABC does keep track of DVR+7 ratings, but they can't use it to attract advertisers, so they don't much care if you're watching your DVR's recordings either.

Like you, I'm also so disappointed with how GH is treating both Sam AND Drew. I mean she has been such a hard worker for so long, such a total professional, and they do this to her character? The sudden 180 makes no sense. It took her 5 years to become who she is, you don't just change that and do a total regression overnight.

And what the heck is up with Billy? They're idiots if they don't start putting him on more. He's got so many fans who are just as disappointed as I am.

Honestly, the only things holding my interest in the show at the moment while Dream's in the wings, are the two new guys, Peter and Chase, as well as Nina and Valentin, simply because they're such good actors and have such great chemistry. (Valentin's not getting much screen time either.) It's not like I don't enjoy any of the other stories, I like the Mike & Sonny story too, for example, because Max Gail is amazing. But it's not enough to make me turn on my tv. I honestly do that for Drew & Sam. If they go, the majority of my interest will go with them. :(

Off topic a little here...
I hope GH stays on the air, but the writing and stories need to improve big time. I thought when SB came back and the ratings came up some, that GH was finally moving up. But guys they're slipping every week. The memory mapping/who and for what reason was Jason kidnapped has dragged on way too long for and still no resolution .Veteran actors are leaving on their own accord and some are being let go and others are on the " occasionally we'll see them" status and this is hurting GH. I don't think the breakup of Dream is the reason for the dip in ratings, but I think it's one of the reasons. All these things combined, have a domino effect on ratings and fan interest. I just can't figure out what the big wigs at GH were thinking when they broke Drew and Sam up. Were they trying to appease the other fan base? Were they just fanning the fan wars? Were they just sabotaging the Show just to cancel it and giving themselves an "easy out"? Or is it a totally different reason? I think that the writers should put DREAM back on our screen and see IF the ratings are effected. So here's my shout out to the writers....GIVE US DREAM..... PLEASE!!! I'm a romantic at heart and I miss the romance of my couple. :(

crazyaunt

Postby crazyaunt » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:23 am

crazyaunt wrote:
centrd wrote:
KeMoCrush wrote:I'm ok with Kelly leaving. Her work is being destroyed by TPTB. Although I would love to blame Steve B., he's not wholly to blame. this is on the writers. They were there when she was working hard to make Silas, Patrick, Jake, NuJason, and Drew work, and they still trashed her work. So, why stay?

With that said, i would love to see GH turn the Sam character around. At this point, if she not with Drew or Jason, i can accept that. What i can't accept is Sam forgetting she shot Sonny to keep her family safe. How Sam agreed to start aurura to keep her family safe. How she choose not to be around Carly and Sonny, not that Drew made her do it.

I'm also sick of this trying to convince us crap that Sam wants to be a PI. We get it, but check this out, Sam was a PI with Silas, with Patrick, with Jake Doe, and with Jason, so why the heck do we need to be convinced?

I'm sick of GH, not because they broke up Dream, but because they trashed Kelly's work, they trashed Billy's work, they are putting Jason in scenarios that make no sense, they allow Laura to take promo shots with her boyfriend, they made Ana into a nitwit, and the list goes on.

I don't look at much of GH. I watched about 5 shows in the last 2 months. I recognize, I'm part of the problem. I'm part of why the ratings are down. and if GH is canceled, I've contributed. I don't like it, but what choice do I have to get my voice heard. To have the writers make this show into something that makes sense?

Actually, if you don't have a Nielsen box, ABC doesn't know or care if you're watching. :( Sad but true. They need to find a better method of determining ratings because Nielsen is too limited, IMO. ABC does keep track of DVR+7 ratings, but they can't use it to attract advertisers, so they don't much care if you're watching your DVR's recordings either.

Like you, I'm also so disappointed with how GH is treating both Sam AND Drew. I mean she has been such a hard worker for so long, such a total professional, and they do this to her character? The sudden 180 makes no sense. It took her 5 years to become who she is, you don't just change that and do a total regression overnight.

And what the heck is up with Billy? They're idiots if they don't start putting him on more. He's got so many fans who are just as disappointed as I am.

Honestly, the only things holding my interest in the show at the moment while Dream's in the wings, are the two new guys, Peter and Chase, as well as Nina and Valentin, simply because they're such good actors and have such great chemistry. (Valentin's not getting much screen time either.) It's not like I don't enjoy any of the other stories, I like the Mike & Sonny story too, for example, because Max Gail is amazing. But it's not enough to make me turn on my tv. I honestly do that for Drew & Sam. If they go, the majority of my interest will go with them. :(

I hope GH stays on the air, but the writing and stories need to improve big time. I thought when SB came back and the ratings came up some, that GH was finally moving up. But guys they're slipping every week. The memory mapping/who and for what reason was Jason kidnapped has dragged on way too long for and still no resolution .Veteran actors are leaving on their own accord and some are being let go and others are on the " occasionally we'll see them" status and this is hurting GH. I don't think the breakup of Dream is the reason for the dip in ratings, but I think it's one of the reasons. All these things combined, have a domino effect on ratings and fan interest. I just can't figure out what the big wigs at GH were thinking when they broke Drew and Sam up. were they trying to appease the other fan base? were they just fanning the fan wars? were they just sabotaging the Show just to cancel it and giving themselves an "easy out"? Or is it a totally different reason? I think that the writers should put DREAM back on our screen and see IF the ratings are effected. So here's my shout out to the writers....GIVE US DREAM..... PLEASE!!! I'm a romantic at heart and I miss the romance of my couple. :(

Just a correction here guys :D all the places that say "were" should be "are" cause GH is still on and I'm a stickler for correct wording :lol:

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:32 pm

crazyaunt wrote:
centrd wrote:

I hope GH stays on the air, but the writing and stories need to improve big time. I thought when SB came back and the ratings came up some, that GH was finally moving up. But guys they're slipping every week. The memory mapping/who and for what reason was Jason kidnapped has dragged on way too long for and still no resolution .Veteran actors are leaving on their own accord and some are being let go and others are on the " occasionally we'll see them" status and this is hurting GH. I don't think the breakup of Dream is the reason for the dip in ratings, but I think it's one of the reasons. All these things combined, have a domino effect on ratings and fan interest. I just can't figure out what the big wigs at GH were thinking when they broke Drew and Sam up. Were they trying to appease the other fan base? Were they just fanning the fan wars? Were they just sabotaging the Show just to cancel it and giving themselves an "easy out"? Or is it a totally different reason? I think that the writers should put DREAM back on our screen and see IF the ratings are effected. So here's my shout out to the writers....GIVE US DREAM..... PLEASE!!! I'm a romantic at heart and I miss the romance of my couple. :(

I honestly believe that Nathan Varni, who's in charge of daytime at ABC, thought that bringing Steve Burton back would boost ratings. When in fact, the ratings have nothing to do with the show's quality or cast, it has to do with ABC's approach to daytime programming. I'm not sure where you saw the ratings for GH climbing, but all the charts I've seen have shown a steady decline since SB came back, except in the very beginning which can be attributed to curiosity, nothing more. Maybe a day or week blipped up here or there, too, but overall the trend has continued downward. Varni doesn't understand soaps, IMO. Not only did he screw up the story arc, and mess with the show's budget, forcing out other popular characters by bringing in a high dollar guy like Steve, he hasn't helped ratings at all. All he's actually accomplished is pissing off both JaSam and Dream fans. And that's not good, hard to come back from, in fact. Will take some skillful writing to fix that. And if I know tv execs, they have a hard time admitting when they're wrong. I honestly think ABC needs to get a new daytime guy, one who actually understands daytime and what makes a soap successful. Not just a numbers guy who makes decisions based on that alone. I've looked at his resume and I'm not impressed. The shows he was in charge of before were, on average, mildly successful. I don't think he should be in charge of the entire daytime agenda at ABC. And he especially shouldn't be giving a soap opera any guidance on how to do better.

edith8087

Postby edith8087 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Hey Dream fans. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I just have a lot going on but I am back now. I too agree with everyone about this show. I actually had a dream that Kelly Monaco did leave and they replaced her with someone that was awful. I think I must of been thinking about that because all the rumours on Twitter that she stopped taping. I am not sure how people really know this stuff but maybe they do. I know I would follow her wherever she lands next. I even think if that is true then I think Billy would go with her as he is her biggest supporter. Neither of them have even taped any scenes together. I just read the recaps and sometimes watch it online. It also seems that Drew and Sam aren't on that much either. It's Sonny and Jason mostly but I have to admit I do like Peter's story. I hope Julian and Kim save him and take down Dr Obrect. Can you guys imagine what Anna will do when she finds out what Dr Obrect has been up to? Okay not to get off the main subject of this thread . Dream. I really wish they would turn this show around but I really have my doubts. I think that bringing back Steve Burton didn't pan out like tptb thought it would. The breaking up of dream is one of the Main reasons of the ratings dropped but I also think some of the storylines that had stopped abruptly were another reason too. Also like letting go of a few people too . Anyways I do hope they can turn it around but I really have my doubts at this stage. It's a little to late IMO. Well that's all for now Dream fans, hope everyone has a good week. :D

centrd

Postby centrd » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:46 pm

edith8087 wrote:Hey Dream fans. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I just have a lot going on but I am back now. I too agree with everyone about this show. I actually had a dream that Kelly Monaco did leave and they replaced her with someone that was awful. I think I must of been thinking about that because all the rumours on Twitter that she stopped taping. I am not sure how people really know this stuff but maybe they do. I know I would follow her wherever she lands next. I even think if that is true then I think Billy would go with her as he is her biggest supporter. Neither of them have even taped any scenes together. I just read the recaps and sometimes watch it online. It also seems that Drew and Sam aren't on that much either. It's Sonny and Jason mostly but I have to admit I do like Peter's story. I hope Julian and Kim save him and take down Dr Obrect. Can you guys imagine what Anna will do when she finds out what Dr Obrect has been up to? Okay not to get off the main subject of this thread . Dream. I really wish they would turn this show around but I really have my doubts. I think that bringing back Steve Burton didn't pan out like tptb thought it would. The breaking up of dream is one of the Main reasons of the ratings dropped but I also think some of the storylines that had stopped abruptly were another reason too. Also like letting go of a few people too . Anyways I do hope they can turn it around but I really have my doubts at this stage. It's a little to late IMO. Well that's all for now Dream fans, hope everyone has a good week. :D

I really enjoy Peter too, and I'm interested to see where they go with Chase. I'm really surprised on Twitter how a few fans complain about the show focusing too much on Peter, who they call "parking lot guy", which is just plain stupid, he's a super talented actor, but they act like HE's at fault for Drew not having airtime. Which is also stupid. No show can be one character all the time. It would be insanely boring, kind of how I'm feeling with SB getting more airtime than anyone else since he came back. Too much. And I like seeing Anna, but not all the time when they have her in stories I'm not all that interested in, like her romance with Finn.

But the absence of Drew, and to a lesser degree Sam, has been so blatantly obvious. They're filling all this time with Alexis and Anna and Finn and Carly, all characters I like, but not when they're in my face ALL. THE. TIME. in stories that don't catch my interest.

I feel like something's really off at GH right now, and that's why I'm pointing at Nathan, or even HIS bosses, for meddling and messing things up. Frank and the writers were doing fine until SB came back and everything REALLY started falling apart. There've been good moments, some of the twin thing was interesting, but now it's just been dragging on forever with no end or resolution in sight. If it's going to drag, at least put on the characters that 50% of the audience tune in to see...Drew & Sam.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that ABC extending GMA for another hour will bring in more viewers because that's what GH needs, a better lead-in. Hopefully, this is the right move and we can give ABC/Varni some credit. The CHEW was getting dismal numbers. Dead last in the ratings on daytime and THAT'S a MAJOR reason why GH's ratings are down as well. A show's lead-in is REALLY important. So fingers crossed that GMA picks up some viewers. Or at least holds the ones who were watching earlier, bringing those viewers right along to GH.

crazyaunt

Postby crazyaunt » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:19 pm

edith8087 wrote:Hey Dream fans. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I just have a lot going on but I am back now. I too agree with everyone about this show. I actually had a dream that Kelly Monaco did leave and they replaced her with someone that was awful. I think I must of been thinking about that because all the rumours on Twitter that she stopped taping. I am not sure how people really know this stuff but maybe they do. I know I would follow her wherever she lands next. I even think if that is true then I think Billy would go with her as he is her biggest supporter. Neither of them have even taped any scenes together. I just read the recaps and sometimes watch it online. It also seems that Drew and Sam aren't on that much either. It's Sonny and Jason mostly but I have to admit I do like Peter's story. I hope Julian and Kim save him and take down Dr Obrect. Can you guys imagine what Anna will do when she finds out what Dr Obrect has been up to? Okay not to get off the main subject of this thread . Dream. I really wish they would turn this show around but I really have my doubts. I think that bringing back Steve Burton didn't pan out like tptb thought it would. The breaking up of dream is one of the Main reasons of the ratings dropped but I also think some of the storylines that had stopped abruptly were another reason too. Also like letting go of a few people too . Anyways I do hope they can turn it around but I really have my doubts at this stage. It's a little to late IMO. Well that's all for now Dream fans, hope everyone has a good week. :D

Hey Edith, glad to see you back posting on the thread :D :D
I think the "initial" appearance of SB brought up the ratings a little, maybe for a couple of weeks ( I believe that's what they were saying on another board) but his appearance now is not doing anything for the ratings. I think, and this is my own personal opinion, that they are over doing it with the SB/Jason in our face all the time. If the ratings were going to improve with him being on the screen, it should already be reflected in the newest ratings report, and on the other message board that I check on and chime in on from time to time, last weekly rating they posted, showed GH as still way down. There's no way to tell what's actually causing the downward spin of the ratings, but the big guys at GH better figure something out. Do I think DREAM being shown more would help....you bet your bippy I do. Do I think that if they put DREAM back together would help.... You bet your sweet bippy I do. :D and if they would just wrap up some of these never ending storylines, that might help too. Anyway, glad you're back to posting Edith and hopefully we'll see some Drew and Sam scenes TOGETHER soon. Later DREAM friends. Hope all of you have a great week.

edith8087

Postby edith8087 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 pm

centrd wrote:

I really enjoy Peter too, and I'm interested to see where they go with Chase. I'm really surprised on Twitter how a few fans complain about the show focusing too much on Peter, who they call "parking lot guy", which is just plain stupid, he's a super talented actor, but they act like HE's at fault for Drew not having airtime. Which is also stupid. No show can be one character all the time. It would be insanely boring, kind of how I'm feeling with SB getting more airtime than anyone else since he came back. Too much. And I like seeing Anna, but not all the time when they have her in stories I'm not all that interested in, like her romance with Finn.

But the absence of Drew, and to a lesser degree Sam, has been so blatantly obvious. They're filling all this time with Alexis and Anna and Finn and Carly, all characters I like, but not when they're in my face ALL. THE. TIME. in stories that don't catch my interest.

I feel like something's really off at GH right now, and that's why I'm pointing at Nathan, or even HIS bosses, for meddling and messing things up. Frank and the writers were doing fine until SB came back and everything REALLY started falling apart. There've been good moments, some of the twin thing was interesting, but now it's just been dragging on forever with no end or resolution in sight. If it's going to drag, at least put on the characters that 50% of the audience tune in to see...Drew & Sam.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that ABC extending GMA for another hour will bring in more viewers because that's what GH needs, a better lead-in. Hopefully, this is the right move and we can give ABC/Varni some credit. The CHEW was getting dismal numbers. Dead last in the ratings on daytime and THAT'S a MAJOR reason why GH's ratings are down as well. A show's lead-in is REALLY important. So fingers crossed that GMA picks up some viewers. Or at least holds the ones who were watching earlier, bringing those viewers right along to GH.

Thanks. I wish I had your same positive feeling about GH. I think It's going to take more than GMA extending their morning show to get more viewers. Like better stories and stop rewriting history. Especially Sam's character. Which to me is one of the reasons is the decline in viewership.

centrd

Postby centrd » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:11 pm

edith8087 wrote:
centrd wrote:

Thanks. I wish I had your same positive feeling about GH. I think It's going to take more than GMA extending their morning show to get more viewers. Like better stories and stop rewriting history. Especially Sam's character. Which to me is one of the reasons is the decline in viewership.

I agree, it's more than just one thing. But a good lead-in is crucial. GH is honestly a lot better than both of the CBS soaps, but they have a better \scheudle and better lead-ins and that's one major reason why their numbers are so much better. I really hope the GMA addition helps. It's gotta be better than The Chew. Fingers crossed.

centrd

Postby centrd » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 pm

So happy to see Drew today with just a tiny bit of that old sparkle in his eye back.

Sigh. I've missed him so much.

centrd

Postby centrd » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 pm

Why do all of Sam's scenes just feel like filler these days?

I'm interested Alexis's & Sam's' Cassadine past, I am, but why is the writing so boring?

And once again, no Drew. :cry:

Return to “General Hospital”