OT See if it lives up to the hype

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Bizlet

OT See if it lives up to the hype

Postby Bizlet » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:40 pm

I was planning wraps tonight for dinner bc weather last week and storm today I did not have mayo so made my own. That is why Heather blabbing about the BLT's the homemade mayo we see if was worth the effort.

oltllover

Re: OT See if it lives up to the hype

Postby oltllover » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Quote Bizlet: I was planning wraps tonight for dinner bc weather last week and storm today I did not have mayo so made my own. That is why Heather blabbing about the BLT's the homemade mayo we see if was worth the effort.

good luck. :)

Bizlet

Postby Bizlet » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:06 pm

Quote oltllover:
Quote Bizlet: I was planning wraps tonight for dinner bc weather last week and storm today I did not have mayo so made my own. That is why Heather blabbing about the BLT's the homemade mayo we see if was worth the effort.

good luck. :)

Thank you. :]

Monkey Mama

Postby Monkey Mama » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Impressive!! I make a lot of homemade dishes, but that's one I've been scared to try. Let us know how it comes out!

And btw whenever Heather talks about BLT's I end up making them at home myself! lol My trick is cheese & avocado :)

vickidink

Postby vickidink » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Heather's BLTs don't look like the bread is toasted. I have always toasted the bread first so everything doesn't get soggy or slip out. How does everyone else (beside Kelly's) prepare their bread for their BLT? ?)

ransomha

Postby ransomha » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Quote vickidink: Heather's BLTs don't look like the bread is toasted. I have always toasted the bread first so everything doesn't get soggy or slip out. How does everyone else (beside Kelly's) prepare their bread for their BLT? ?)

BLT on T.... ( toast! )

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Quote vickidink: Heather's BLTs don't look like the bread is toasted. I have always toasted the bread first so everything doesn't get soggy or slip out. How does everyone else (beside Kelly's) prepare their bread for their BLT? ?)

I prefer rye bread and its got to be toasted.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Quote Monkey Mama:

Impressive!! I make a lot of homemade dishes, but that's one I've been scared to try. Let us know how it comes out!

And btw whenever Heather talks about BLT's I end up making them at home myself! lol My trick is cheese & avocado :)

Oh, I love cheese and avocado on BLTs! Sometimes I use ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing instead of mayo.

Monkey Mama

Postby Monkey Mama » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:16 pm

After reading this post earlier I got a craving. I literally just finished eating my BLT :D
And yes, I have to toast my bread. Untoasted sounds gross.

ChargerGirl

Postby ChargerGirl » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:17 am

I never made my own mayo but I have made butter on occasion. Mostly for holidays. I don't churn it like they did in yesteryear but instead shake it in a capped container. Oh my gosh it's enough to give you muscles! You have inspired me. I think I will give mayo a shot ;)

Return to “General Hospital”