Lucas is gay *NO gay bashing on Soaps.com*

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
nuttbuddy

Re: Lucas is gay

Postby nuttbuddy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:01 pm

My 28 y/o son is a proud gay man and I am his proud mother. We are very happy that he found someone good to spend his life with, who gives a rat's aZZ if that person is a man, woman, black, white, or purple. It only matters that he is happy with a wonderful person. I agree that not all that are uncomfortable with seeing gay intimacy are gay haters, but I think those people need to take a moment and wonder why they are uncomfortable. We're all human beings and I for one am sick of how everyone has to be labeled as something. We should learn to let folks live their lives as long as they aren't hurting anyone emotionally or physically.

jettsmom

Postby jettsmom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:00 pm

?) What is going on at GH why all this gay themes? enough. Dante with his tramp stamp. the new cop with the gugu eyes and now felix who is totally annoying and a pain. lucas and brad no more

Patsky59

Postby Patsky59 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:02 am

When they met in the bar they did not seem to know each other they acted like strangers. Each telling the other about their adoptions and criminal fathers why would they act like that if they were past lovers. Also at the hospital when Lucas found out about the dTe with cix he did say something about still having a chance.

wise chick

Postby wise chick » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:30 am

The fact he is gay means nothing to me. The fact he jumps straight in bed with someone does.

ah76

Postby ah76 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:43 am

Lucas was gay before he left the show many years ago and he's still gay.So the show can't pretend he's straight now.Plus been gay is just part of who Lucas is I do think Lucas and Brad may have hooked up too fast but i'm sure stuff like that happens in real life too in which 2 people meet and then hook up immediately.Plus maybe fans wouldn't have a problem with it if one of them was a woman because one night stands between a man and a woman happen on soaps all the time.Plus we don't know what Lucas's life was like in Seattle and maybe he jumps into something too fast.Plus Bobbie did say last year that she hoped Lucas would find love.So maybe Lucas has never truly been in love but did have relationships.However with Brad Lucas may want to see where it goes because it may not just be sex.

MikeLikesSoaps

Postby MikeLikesSoaps » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:55 pm

[quote]Quote wise chick: The fact he is gay means nothing to me. The fact he jumps straight in bed with someone does.[/quote

So I guess it bothers you too when straight men and women hook up and jump right into bed as well. Like when Michael met Penny at the Floating Rib and took her home for the night. Why is it ok for two straight people to have a random hook up and not two gay men?

Ruca91

Postby Ruca91 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Quote MikeLikesSoaps: [quote]Quote wise chick: The fact he is gay means nothing to me. The fact he jumps straight in bed with someone does.[/quote

So I guess it bothers you too when straight men and women hook up and jump right into bed as well. Like when Michael met Penny at the Floating Rib and took her home for the night. Why is it ok for two straight people to have a random hook up and not two gay men?

I agree. Most of the heterosexual characters are really promiscuous. I mean, I've lost count of how many women Sonny has been with. And one night stands have been a soap opera staple for decades. So why is it any different for the gay characters?

Messalina

Postby Messalina » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Quote MikeLikesSoaps: [quote]Quote wise chick: The fact he is gay means nothing to me. The fact he jumps straight in bed with someone does.[/quote

I can't speak for Wise Chick, but I can tell you that it bothers ME to see all of these straight men and women hooking up and jumping straight into bed.

Regardless of your sexual orientation, show some class ;)

Ruca91

Postby Ruca91 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Quote Messalina:

I can't speak for Wise Chick, but I can tell you that it bothers ME to see all of these straight men and women hooking up and jumping straight into bed.

Alas, "class" and "soap character" are rarely spoken in the same sentence ;)

Messalina

Postby Messalina » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Quote Ruca91:
Quote Messalina:

Alas, "class" and "soap character" are rarely spoken in the same sentence ;)

Hee-hee, that's for sure :)) If these characters were real, some of them would have diseases up the wazoo 8)

But, even if you put the classlessness and health risks of promiscuity aside, it also takes all of the meaning out of love-making. Then it just becomes, "Ho-hum, so-and-so is getting laid. Again." There's no passion or hotness (even with soap characters) if everybody is having sex with everybody :|

Return to “General Hospital”