Anyone else catch "Who Shot The Daytime Soap?"

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
taramartin

Anyone else catch "Who Shot The Daytime Soap?"

Postby taramartin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm

It was on Comcast on the TVGN.

Mrs. Lansing

Re: Anyone else catch

Postby Mrs. Lansing » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:02 pm

I did. I don't think they necessarily answered the question, but it was so great to see all those people again talking about the history of the soap opera. Really love that they included Dark Shadows too!

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:44 am

I would like to catch it again because I was doing other things as I was watching but I agree it was fun to see some of the history and see so many actors. I didn't realize OJ started the whole reality genre - not my favorite.

Bizlet

Postby Bizlet » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:01 am

I will have to see if I can find that ondemand or in reruns. My mother an avid AMC watcher was tuning into CNN to watch The OJ trial on her lunch break instead of the show she watched since its debut.

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:05 am

Unfortunately I don't get that channel. I did see a promo on the internet somewhere but would love to see the whole thing. maybe someone will you tube it. :(

Bizlet

Postby Bizlet » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:19 am

If you have the TVGN it is airing today at 10:30am, and again at 5:00pm.

johnsfan

Postby johnsfan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Quote Mrs. Lansing: I did. I don't think they necessarily answered the question, but it was so great to see all those people again talking about the history of the soap opera. Really love that they included Dark Shadows too!

I also liked that Dark Shadows was included. Really, does most of America watch so-called reality shows and talk shows? Personally, I'm sick of having them shoved down our throats. I watch the Hallmark Channels when not watching the daily soaps. TVGN is also good. The only thing killing soaps are the head writers of some of them, such as Jill Farren Phelps on Y & R. I think she needs a permanent vacation from ever taking over the reigns of a soap opera.

Bizlet

Postby Bizlet » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:04 am

Quote johnsfan:
Quote Mrs. Lansing: I did. I don't think they necessarily answered the question, but it was so great to see all those people again talking about the history of the soap opera. Really love that they included Dark Shadows too!

I also liked that Dark Shadows was included. Really, does most of America watch so-called reality shows and talk shows? Personally, I'm sick of having them shoved down our throats. I watch the Hallmark Channels when not watching the daily soaps. TVGN is also good. The only thing killing soaps are the head writers of some of them, such as Jill Farren Phelps on Y & R. I think she needs a permanent vacation from ever taking over the reigns of a soap opera.

No I don't. I never got into Survior or any of the ones on MTv. I loved ER when it was good, Law and Order now I watch Downtown Abby and Elementary. I think the driving force behind reality and talk shows is production costs. They churn them out for very little cost. Most of these are not produced for the network, but picked by local affiliates if they don't want air news in the afternoon.

strangeland

Postby strangeland » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am

I am loving the GH reruns on SOAPNET. Got to see Luke and Tracy's Christmastime wedding again. Really miss Lucky, Ethan, Jason, etc. Love the law office scenes with Diane and the whole 'Balkan' storyline. I find myself running home to watch those on my DVR before the new episodes. Totally lost interest in the other soaps...sick of love triangles.

SonnylovesEmily

Postby SonnylovesEmily » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:19 pm

I saw the show only because the fact that Tristan Rogers was on it.

Return to “General Hospital”