Direct TV message--Soapnet ending

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Greenowl

Direct TV message--Soapnet ending

Postby Greenowl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Just went to our Direct TV guide and saw a message that states Soapnet will be removed from Direct TV at the end of the month due to Disney discontinuing it.

Soapnet is one of the main reasons I watch Direct TV. %(

Not a happy camper!

SonnylovesEmily

Re: Direct TV message--Soapnet ending

Postby SonnylovesEmily » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:11 am

Very glad I don't get DirctTV.

MikeLikesSoaps

Postby MikeLikesSoaps » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 am

I stopped watching SoapNet years ago when it stopped showing a lot of soaps and kept showing endless hours of 90210, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill and whatever else was on the CW. I liked it when it bnetter in the early-mid 2000s when they showed the old prime time soaps (DAllas, Dynasty, Knots Landing) and prime time soaps that only lasted one season and many people don;t remember or didn't even know about. I had always hoped they would hve shown the last few years of Edge of Night. I really liked that show in the early 80s and never saw the final months of it before it ended.

duke417

Postby duke417 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:44 am

Quote MikeLikesSoaps: I stopped watching SoapNet years ago when it stopped showing a lot of soaps and kept showing endless hours of 90210, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill and whatever else was on the CW. I liked it when it bnetter in the early-mid 2000s when they showed the old prime time soaps (DAllas, Dynasty, Knots Landing) and prime time soaps that only lasted one season and many people don;t remember or didn't even know about. I had always hoped they would hve shown the last few years of Edge of Night. I really liked that show in the early 80s and never saw the final months of it before it ended.

Same here. Not a Veronica Mars fan.

This channel really should have played more soaps. I really enjoyed watching Another World for the first time on it and seeing Ryan's Hope again.

Bizlet

Postby Bizlet » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:11 am

It used to run it at odd times, but loved being able to watch Ryan's Hope when I could on Soapnet. I still get cable so as far as I know my package includes Soapnet In 2014. Sorry direct TV users.

lovelyliz

Postby lovelyliz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 am

Quote MikeLikesSoaps: I stopped watching SoapNet years ago when it stopped showing a lot of soaps and kept showing endless hours of 90210, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill and whatever else was on the CW. I liked it when it bnetter in the early-mid 2000s when they showed the old prime time soaps (DAllas, Dynasty, Knots Landing) and prime time soaps that only lasted one season and many people don;t remember or didn't even know about. I had always hoped they would hve shown the last few years of Edge of Night. I really liked that show in the early 80s and never saw the final months of it before it ended.

I do not like those shows. Hate when I'm home & turn on soap net all you see is those shows. I want to see GH or Days but no it's too many of those shows on but I must admit I do like 90210. I rather see that than the rest of them. ;)

Mstc

Postby Mstc » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:10 pm

I just want to know where I can catch GH if I mess it at 1 pm CST? Anyone???

Mrs. Lansing

Postby Mrs. Lansing » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:13 pm

I always hated that soapnet never played a lot of reruns of the old soaps. If they could afford shows like One Tree Hill, and Veronica Mars, then they could afford to show the old soaps that are no longer on. Santa Barbara is one that comes to mind, as well as Edge Of Night, and The Doctors.
The one reason I do appreciate soapnet is that if the show is preempted for some reason I can always catch the episode on soapnet. Only good thing about it.

lovelyliz

Postby lovelyliz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Quote Bizlet: It used to run it at odd times, but loved being able to watch Ryan's Hope when I could on Soapnet. I still get cable so as far as I know my package includes Soapnet In 2014. Sorry direct TV users.

They also use to show the old GH shows with Liz, Sonny, Jason and Sam. What happen to that. It must be because it's a new HR. All they show now is RC stuff. I hope they go back to some old GH stuff. ;)

Return to “General Hospital”